Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 08:25 AM

2,236 posts, read 2,975,028 times

Advertisements

The most popular activity in Fresno seems to be shopping. The areas north of Shaw Ave. look like one huge strip mall with islands of box like houses and apartments. The city really doesn't have much charm, character, or culture.

Last edited by eccotecc; 08-04-2014 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 09:42 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,562,086 times
Wow, you all make Fresno sound like a hooker meth truck stop. Is it worse than LA? We live in West LA by Marina area and have driven through Fresno on the way up to Sacramento which we actually found quite pleasant! Is Fresno comparable to Sacto? The 99 side of it didn't look very nice, but we though the nicer areas would be farther away from the old main highway.

Old 08-04-2014, 09:56 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccotecc View Post
The most popular activity in Fresno seems to be shopping. The areas north of Shaw Ave. look like one huge strip mall with islands of box like houses and apartments. The city really doesn't have much charm, character, or culture.
You just described recently developed suburbia anywhere in the state/country.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:44 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
We live in West LA by Marina area and have driven through Fresno on the way up to Sacramento which we actually found quite pleasant! Is Fresno comparable to Sacto?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:09 PM

764 posts, read 2,036,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
The 99 side of it didn't look very nice, but we though the nicer areas would be farther away from the old main highway.
The areas along 99 are some of the worst part of town. As you guessed, the nicer areas are not close to 99 at all.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:17 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,975,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
You just described recently developed suburbia anywhere in the state/country.
I've lived in Fresno, and I'm very familiar with what the city is like. It isn't recently developed suburbia but one huge sprawl.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:33 PM

306 posts, read 603,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccotecc View Post
I've lived in Fresno, and I'm very familiar with what the city is like. It isn't recently developed suburbia but one huge sprawl.
Huge sprawl compared to what? Fresno and clovis only cover about 140 sq miles. Compare that to other urban areas and you'll see that Fresno is not that sprawling.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,233 times
Default OLD Fig Garden Area.

Old Fig Garden area is still nice, Between Fruit and Del Mar all throughout that area are nice neighborhoods, nice homes and most of it is County so you would have the Sheriffs Department rather than Fresno PD

Old 08-13-2014, 04:28 PM

306 posts, read 603,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispytopher View Post
Welcome to hell, literally. Constantly in the triple digits, maybe get rain two days a year, and crime/drugs are plentiful. Clovis is nicer but as stated the northern areas (North of Herndon) are better. In Fresno you would want to be North of Herndon and East of First street.

Things to do in Fresno/Clovis: Fresno Zoo, movie theaters, malls, wild water adventure, island lakes water park, and one or two tourist attractions like the underground garden.

It doesn't matter what city/area you live in because the freeways are plentiful and get you to your goal in relatively short time. Anything else you want to do, go to mountains, beach, etc, are one to three hour drives away, pending your adherence to speed limits. The house next to me has been vacant for eight years, the owner wants $240k for it and for that reason it has been vacant for almost a decade, for a nice area in a nice school district with the safety you want/expect I would imagine you will pay probably $300k, if not more.

I know you said it was to good an offer to pass up but I assure you, as others here have suggested, if you lived here you would know the offer is NOT to good.
1 or 2 days of rain? You should post factual info or don't post at all. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:11 PM

133 posts, read 274,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnofresno View Post
1 or 2 days of rain? You should post factual info or don't post at all. Nothing could be further from the truth.
In the last 80 days at my house located at Willow and Gettysburg I have seen rain occur twice, one time it evaporated before it could even hit the ground. I post relevant information that is truthful, you are a shill/troll as I have come to learn from your ridiculous comments in various threads, as soon as I learn how to block you the better life will become.

It may rain more in the northern parts of town but where I live, we never see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California