Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:09 AM

2,236 posts, read 2,976,217 times

Advertisements

This morning, Neel Kashkari is a guess host on CNBC. I didn't even hear about him running for governor until very recently. I did a little research and like what I found out.

The Kashkari campaign is getting traction and the data shows he is a definite contender for governor. As he is getting known, and continues to campaign as vigorously as he has recently, I think he will be the next California governor. The polls show Neel Kashkari going from 2% in March to 33% in July.

Neel Kashkari - Latest 2014 Polls and Approval Ratings - POLITICO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,333,808 times
This is California. He has an (R) next to his name.

So. No.

He doesn't stand a chance.

Remember. Californians in general would vote for a Democrat that proposes 100% taxation, tells us when to live and when to die, and was filmed clubbing a kitten while giving Darth Vader a kiss before they'd EVER vote for a Republican.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:03 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
This is California. He has an (R) next to his name.

So. No.

He doesn't stand a chance.

Remember. Californians in general would vote for a Democrat that proposes 100% taxation, tells us when to live and when to die, and was filmed clubbing a kitten while giving Darth Vader a kiss before they'd EVER vote for a Republican.

Unless they're named "Ahnold"?

Old 08-05-2014, 08:46 AM

133 posts, read 274,785 times
Honestly I know nothing of the guy, aside from the fact he stayed in my hometown as a homeless guy for a week. If he expects to run and win in three months he needs to start running advertisements or doing something, I read/watch a lot of news and know nothing of him or his policies/past.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:00 AM

578 posts, read 1,294,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccotecc View Post
As he is getting known, and continues to campaign as vigorously as he has recently, I think he will be the next California governor. The polls show Neel Kashkari going from 2% in March to 33% in July.

Neel Kashkari - Latest 2014 Polls and Approval Ratings - POLITICO
I sort of doubt that he will become governor... but this guy leans left on social issues while right on economic policies. Interesting to see.

The only reason he's probably becoming more known is because he's the only other candidate in the race.

Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,190 times
Quote:
Neel Kashkari...Is he the right person for Governor?
No.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
No.
No...Why??? What do you know about this candidate? Do you just say no because it was the first word you probably learned?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:06 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,190 times
Quote:
No...Why??? What do you know about this candidate? Do you just say no because it was the first word you probably learned?
Hes a republican so thats already strike 1.

And it's his job to convince people he is a better alternative than the incumbent, he hasn't done that thus far.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:

And it's his job to convince people he is a better alternative than the incumbent, he hasn't done that thus far.
What would Neel Kashkari need to do to convince you he's a better alternative than the incumbent?

He seems to be convincing a lot of people by looking at the polls.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:57 AM

Quote:

I invite you to look at each candidate's resume.

Jerry Brown is a professional politician who has never done anything remarkable other than being a political puppet of the democratic political machine.

Jerry Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Neel Kashkari is intelligent and has actually worked in the private sector and has an education in business and finance. He is sensitive to the social and economic needs of the state.

Neel Kashkari - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jerry Brown is an over the hill 20th century professional politician. Neel Kaskari is intelligent and highly educated with experience in the private and public sector. He knows what needs to be done in California to bring the state into the 21st century.

Last edited by eccotecc; 08-05-2014 at 01:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California