Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 11:16 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Just a joke reference to eye-candy. But anyway, how would I know if you can or can't squeeze 'em? Like I've ever dated a silicon Hollywood babe and taken her where? Out fishing for 'smallmouth' on my 47 year old 28 foot wood sailboat in the Delta? Yeah, roger that, eh.

Another question is: how would you know?
The buzz for years has been that they tend to harden in there. So they're pretty to look at, but aren't squeezable. Newer ones, and newer installation (oops, I meant--implant) methods supposedly take care of that, but it's not guaranteed.

Did you say "sailboat"? A wooden boat? I'm up for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 11:17 PM

21,759 posts, read 16,382,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I like to describe CA as islands of goodness floating in a sea of crap. By that I mean there are some really nice and spectacular places, but they are separated by large swaths of crap. In my little analogy those pictures are of the sea.
Geeze, really? I wander up and down the state in awe mostly. 'Cept for LA area. And parts of the Central Valley. Fresno, I lose interest. I can't imagine islands in a sea of crap. Nope.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post

I once had a man tell me that men are visual. They don't care if they can squeeze them by the time they get that close to 'em.
I thought squeezing 'em was half the fun. It is for us.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The buzz for years has been that they tend to harden in there. So they're pretty to look at, but aren't squeezable. Newer ones, and newer installation (oops, I meant--implant) methods supposedly take care of that, but it's not guaranteed.

Did you say "sailboat"? A wooden boat? I'm up for that!
Well now you got my interest. Squeezable, hmmm. Wonder if you can get them like squeaky toys? My dog would probably like that!

Yes ma'am. I'm a sailor. And I love wood.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yes ma'am. I'm a sailor. And I love wood.
Are you familiar with the wooden boat association in Port Townsend, WA?

Old 08-07-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Are you familiar with the wooden boat association in Port Townsend, WA?
I have been to more than a dozen of the festivals. I will be there again this year. September 5th - 7th. Greatest little town on the planet earth. I'd move there in a heartbeat if it weren't for the gloomy half year long winters.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:32 AM

17,642 posts, read 22,663,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
LOL Okay, you asked for it! And then I'll quit spamming the thread with photos.

I'll even give you a hint on location. Which river runs through Redding where this dog might have gotten muddy at? Then, name the breed of the dog.
It's close to the Sacramento River...

pup is terrier & chihuaha...

Old 08-08-2014, 09:23 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,542,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
It's close to the Sacramento River...

pup is terrier & chihuaha...
Bingo! Taken at the Turtle Bay East Open Area across the Sacramento River from Turtle Bay. It's an off-leash area for dogs. Great spot right in town.

Supposedly she is rat terrier. But, since I rescued her, don't know for sure. I usually hear people say they think she looks like a jack russell, but I don't see that, except that she has a pretty big rib cage.

Great dog, though. Vet guesses she's about 6 years old, and was obviously loved by someone. She loves everyone. Very happy, very smart, very loving. Came completely house-trained, too. Best dog I've ever had. They found her wandering the streets of Red Bluff with a collar on, but no ID, no microchip and nobody came to claim her for about 2 weeks. I don't understand how that happens, especially to a dog that was obviously well-loved.

She saw someone fishing on the shore of the river one time, and it was obvious she knew exactly what fishing was all about. So, whoever had her also took her fishing. And she loved it. Guess I better get my license and a pole.

Old 08-08-2014, 11:36 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Give it a rest.
The hatred is strong with that one...even thousands of miles away.

I hear Mt. Shasta (and area) is worth a visit. Anyone been there?

Old 08-08-2014, 12:23 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,963,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I hear Mt. Shasta (and area) is worth a visit. Anyone been there?
Absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California