Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:37 PM

444 posts, read 661,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCountry80 View Post
I never said NOBODY but lets say MOST and omg the amount of people who just tuck their tails and run the minute I say something about CA that is negative. Many of you people baffle me, truly!
No wonder you've struck out so many times in the dating scene! Maybe your date(s) find your negativity about California as interesting as watching a scab form. They don't particularly care about your opinion, they just see what whiner you are and consequently gets them to think about ways to get out of the date. You must be a riot in person ain't cha?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 11:39 PM

19,097 posts, read 16,465,254 times
Quote:
I never said NOBODY but lets say MOST and omg the amount of people who just tuck their tails and run the minute I say something about CA that is negative. Many of you people baffle me, truly!
I don't believe people here are really tucking their tail, as you say. I think they just realize there is no reason to reply to your comments since nothing they say will convince you otherwise. You've definitely made up your mind that California has no redeeming qualities and is the worst place on earth. Doesn't seem there is anything a person could say to change your mind. It's just how you feel and you are entitled to your own opinion. I'm just glad there are more people who do like living in California than there are bashing it.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:45 PM

30,852 posts, read 36,738,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
The only thing that is important economically is the local purchasing power which is the cost of living vs income. The US is second only to Switzerland which is a very small country.

Countries Compared by Cost of living > Local purchasing power. International Statistics at NationMaster.com
So, then we are agreeing, right?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:49 PM

30,852 posts, read 36,738,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
3) I have never said I want "all white collar jobs to leave California". Never. Ever. What I have said, that I assume you refer to, is I would be happy if California stopped its growth. And I don't mind one bit if a bunch of companies and jobs leave, thus reducing the population.
Your distinction is one without a difference to people who have to work for a living.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:53 PM

18,812 posts, read 32,248,860 times
Quote:
OMFG man I HATE this argument because everywhere in this state is just about looking like L.A now, even SF and Sacramento. No more excuses buddy boy, this whole state is flawed. Maybe the whole state doesn't have moviestars but everywhere I go, it seems like I run into actors if you catch my drift. Seems most rednecks I see also are movie ones or poor immitations of the real southern ones. So ya this whole state has become the same as L.A just about when it comes to obtaining anything and everything basic. The dating scene in Sacramento also might as well be Los Angeles these days. Face it man, the state you take pride in is F'D beyond belief!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Well it is good to know that you won't be moving here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I don't believe people here are really tucking their tail, as you say. I think they just realize there is no reason to reply to your comments since nothing they say will convince you otherwise. You've definitely made up your mind that California has no redeeming qualities and is the worst place on earth. Doesn't seem there is anything a person could say to change your mind. It's just how you feel and you are entitled to your own opinion. I'm just glad there are more people who do like living in California than there are bashing it.
May I suggest that everyone doesn't have to love California? And that anyone who doesn't is free to leave or to never move here?

It would suit me just fine if everyone who stayed here loved it like i do.

But, hey, I would never force anyone to stay here who didn't want to.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:02 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,749,382 times
Quote:
I am already in CA smart ass. I am here to make other people like yours a living hell for now until I re locate. I was just saying in response to what someone else said about most natives talking about California negatively or maybe people from Texas but nope, this east coaster finds your state flawed but I can also admit when my homestate has problems also. An inability of many Northern Californians it seems. Nobody can honestly talk about problems and when they do, they're immediately shut down, just like what you're doing so again, ty for proving my point again and again.
You are not going to bother me any fool. I don't care what you think. That is your problem not mine.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:12 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,301,329 times
Quote:
No doubt but that's what happens when you generalize and paint people with a broad brush. In case you didn't notice, I no longer live in CA. However, my wife and I are both natives, both spent about 50 years in CA and are now in our mid- and upper-60s, respectively. There are reasons we left California and some things we didn't care for about it which is why we retired elsewhere. But overall, we enjoyed our lengthy stays and the state has much to offer. It's just not for everyone. No state is and that's all there is to it.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:01 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,675,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
No doubt but that's what happens when you generalize and paint people with a broad brush. In case you didn't notice, I no longer live in CA. However, my wife and I are both natives, both spent about 50 years in CA and are now in our mid- and upper-60s, respectively. There are reasons we left California and some things we didn't care for about it which is why we retired elsewhere. But overall, we enjoyed our lengthy stays and the state has much to offer. It's just not for everyone. No state is and that's all there is to it.
People would rather just argue, C.

Old 09-05-2014, 02:29 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,773,800 times
Quote:
I am already in CA smart ass. I am here to make other people like yours a living hell for now until I re locate. I was just saying in response to what someone else said about most natives talking about California negatively or maybe people from Texas but nope, this east coaster finds your state flawed but I can also admit when my homestate has problems also. An inability of many Northern Californians it seems. Nobody can honestly talk about problems and when they do, they're immediately shut down, just like what you're doing so again, ty for proving my point again and again.
Are you ever going back to Florida? I remember you created a thread a long time ago about leaving California. Then a short while later, you came to the LA forum asking for advice about moving there. And here you are again, complaining. Have you made up your mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California