U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-01-2014, 08:51 PM
 
Location: On the water.
18,752 posts, read 11,078,486 times
Reputation: 16158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Finally... ten pages of BS and the dopers are acknowledging there is in fact a problem.... now we're getting somewhere... we aren’t that far off... so thank you for finally telling all of us there IS a problem

Opps.. You forgot to tell us your part of the problem... which has already been described at length... your telling us your as concerned as me is hogwash..
Um, as is typical for a cop, you ignore facts, evidence, and reality as you rampage through one inane accusation after another. No one, no one, has denied the problems with big dope grows and chemical additives and the scumbags you feature in your endless show and tells. Not in this thread or the others you haunt on the topics of marijuana. Numerous posters, including myself, have acknowledged all and expressed distaste and disgust - including me. Beth expressed this as early on as about post # 16, I think it is. And here's one of my posts from the middle of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Here's the thing Officer. As said previously by me and several others in this thread, repeatedly, the reason for these slime-ball bad boys (and bad grandmothers! ) being the scourge on your community, as they are, is primarily a result of the prohibition of the substance they profiteer from.

Now, we all agree you deal with this crap and it / they sucks. But what we, the general public, also see is how the law and it's enforcement is also a nightmare. You like "bad boy" scenarios? Bad boy cop stories are endless.
As for who is the "part of the problem", look in the mirror. The problem is rooted in prohibition. Every poster in this thread agrees on that, except you in your destructive opposition.

We await your next epic length, rambling, foaming at the mouth, attempt to browbeat us all into seeing the righteousness of your obsession.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2014, 10:50 AM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,728,830 times
Reputation: 5525
Well yesterday was a prime example of how YES ON MEASURE A will improve the quality of life here

classic.. just classic..the growers in trouble called 911 reporting they were being robbed of their drugs... LEO responds.. and yes ,,, the citizen growers were protected from the crook ripoff artists.... The back story is that the grow is an out of compliance grow by 215 cardholders (remember the 95 percent non compliance number)... there isnt any defending it so please... dont... sorry for you 5 percent who are trying to do it right (however still in violation of Federal law) The gorwers are being referred to the D.A for potential charges... the pictures are evidence right now but as soon as they get released Ill post them,,, very illuminating.. water diversion.. crappy house.. patients...? doubtful... I wonder how people can be so sick and then work so hard making marijuana.. its not easy...

Had this been an indoor grow under Measure A it would have had security in place and the amount grown.. 12 plants... most likely would not excite the other dopers to rip them off... further the dope wouldnt be open to public view for any old lowlife as a tasty target....then the drug wars would shift to running gun battles in the forests with the cartel grows... urban renewal for those who get killed... bad for us because we cannot freely use our wilderness areas without having dopers around...... wont the resulting violence be interesting.... oh what a healthy happy world marijuana proliferation creates



"KESWICK, Calif. - KRCR

Shasta County Deputies arrested five people after they allegedly tried to rob a marijuana grow Thursday afternoon.

Those arrested were Adam Wert, 34, of Redding; Angela Wert, 33, of Lake Tahoe; Nora Hunter, 32, of Redding; Sean Vallodon, 43, of Redding; and George Howard, 51, of Redding.

Deputies received a call around 3:30 p.m. that shots were fired at a marijuana grow on Iron Mountain Road, near Matheson Road. One victim called police and told them about a confrontation with the armed suspects, and said he was going to arm himself.

When deputies arrived, the victims reported five people had driven away in three vehicles.

The victims said the people had broken in through a locked gate, and claimed to be DEA agents. The suspects allegedly told the victims they were under arrest. However, the suspects were wearing clothing with several different law enforcement's insignia, including toy badges and a DEA raid jacket.

Deputies say each suspect was armed with a gun, and had tried to get the victims to hand over the marijuana. That's when the suspects allegedly fired shots at the victims, who then ran inside and armed themselves.

When the victims came back out, the suspects left. Deputies were able to track down those vehicles and arrested all five people.

Inside the vehicles, deputies say they found four rifles, one stolen shotgun, one pistol, and one airsoft rifle. Deputies also say they found methamphetamine inside one of the vehicles.

Two of the vehicles were pulling trailers. Inside, deputies reportedly found axes, machetes, tarps and tie downs for the marijuana the suspects had allegedly wanted to steal."


VOTE YES ON A.. lets clean up our county and make it safer for everyone

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-03-2014 at 11:25 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2014, 04:14 PM
 
Location: Bay Area
1,578 posts, read 1,002,390 times
Reputation: 1177
Notmeofficer..........I do think you have some valid concerns about your community and I too would be concerned if I was living in an area that had increasing numbers of undesirables hanging around. The points you have been trying to make and concerns you have about what you think is happening to your community are being drowned out by the way you present them and your reaction to anyone that seems to disagree. Endless references to the “doper”, whining about being the ½ that pays taxes, blanket negative comments about those individuals on disability. I have not seen any comments from you regarding someone who is a boozer/drunk. The lessons of Prohibition (alcohol) seems to be ignored. I wonder how many illegal stills where operating in poor rural areas of the country during Prohibition…….with a little research reading, I am sure you will find out there were a lot of them. Whether alcohol consumption is a good or bad thing, the fact was there was a demand for alcohol by many. I wonder whom you would categorize as a boozer, obviously somebody who can’t get through the day without empting out a gin bottle……..what about somebody that has an occasional glass of wine or one beer with their meal ? …….with that in mind, whom makes your list as a “doper”.
As another poster already mentioned, one factor that would likely help the situation in Redding is finding a way to improve/strengthen the economic base there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2014, 08:01 PM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,728,830 times
Reputation: 5525
Alcohol is a legal substance with very tight production regulations ... it isn't produced wholesale in backyards polluting the environment... physically...socially .. for some even morally... although im on the fence in that aspect...The word doper is the dictionary definition....how its taken and how its fits is up to those who use and are addicted to drugs
A person who drives drunk or high is simply a murderer waiting to happen... that's how I feel about alcohol... it along with drugs are destructive..

The thread is about Measure A... marijuana ...and its negative impact upon our community. Alcohol and its effects upon the community are already addressed locally .

The meeting at Black Butte school ended up being a couple local growers who said measure a would impact them negatively in relation to money... nothing about medicine and their access. The community members there ended up telling the growers they made insufficient arguements to negate measure a
Thank you Shingletown for parting the plants and revealing the nature of dope growing

I also spoke with Redding city council member Patrick Jones ... he mentioned that the city which has already closed the dispensaries is set to start addressing home grows... because of neighbor and business complaints

The city of Shasta lake has embraced marijuana ... active population of drug users moving there .... I think time will show the ruination of that city

The thread is not about jobs... redding sucks for those...and as a social welfare county the motivation for many is nil... those problems and all the factors of poverty are not a part of this thread

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-03-2014 at 08:09 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2014, 10:24 AM
 
2,222 posts, read 10,131,139 times
Reputation: 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I also spoke with Redding city council member Patrick Jones ... he mentioned that the city which has already closed the dispensaries is set to start addressing home grows... because of neighbor and business complaints
If the dispensaries are all closed down, and all outdoor grows prohibited, the Black Market will flourish. The Cartels will love you.

Why not allow a certain amount of outdoor grow per parcel size, say 6 mature plants? And limit how many medical MJ patients per household, say two. This will allow those in need who are financially strapped to grow the medicine they need without the expense of an outbuilding.

For anyone to imply that every single medical marijuana patient in Shasta County is a deadbeat doper is insane. Even if one person can not get the medicine they need, it is one person too many. No one should have to drive for hours to get medicine they need. You can not determine who is in need and why. That is not your job. Your job is to uphold the law, not to judge.

And by the way, my 6 organic plants do not stink. My neighbors do not complain as they are compassionate and understand my need. None of what I grow is sold or given to anyone. And my grandkids have never seen it nor do they know about it. And without the help of my caregiver, I would not be able to grow. I do not have the stamina to do it. It's more work than some realize. Caregivers could also be limited to growing for 3 patients only. And those caregivers could be allowed to grow only on larger parcels which can accommodate the grow size, so the "stink" is not in close proximity to a neighbor.

The County's zero tolerance is a boom for the Cartels. You are handing them business on a silver plate.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2014, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Bay Area
1,578 posts, read 1,002,390 times
Reputation: 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Alcohol is a legal substance with very tight production regulations ... it isn't produced wholesale in backyards polluting the environment... physically...socially .. for some even morally... although im on the fence in that aspect...The word doper is the dictionary definition....how its taken and how its fits is up to those who use and are addicted to drugs
A person who drives drunk or high is simply a murderer waiting to happen... that's how I feel about alcohol... it along with drugs are destructive..

The thread is about Measure A... marijuana ...and its negative impact upon our community. Alcohol and its effects upon the community are already addressed locally .

The meeting at Black Butte school ended up being a couple local growers who said measure a would impact them negatively in relation to money... nothing about medicine and their access. The community members there ended up telling the growers they made insufficient arguements to negate measure a
Thank you Shingletown for parting the plants and revealing the nature of dope growing

I also spoke with Redding city council member Patrick Jones ... he mentioned that the city which has already closed the dispensaries is set to start addressing home grows... because of neighbor and business complaints

The city of Shasta lake has embraced marijuana ... active population of drug users moving there .... I think time will show the ruination of that city

The thread is not about jobs... redding sucks for those...and as a social welfare county the motivation for many is nil... those problems and all the factors of poverty are not a part of this thread


Well this is a key line in the response, basically, you are saying if someone doesn't like the constant use by you of the word "doper", then they must use drugs and/or addicted to drugs themselves ? I did not realize you are the appointed arbitrator of what this thread is and is not about
The situation with economic base in Redding very likely has a correlation with the smaller plots of marijuana growing for profit in your county......Regarding Measure "A", I have no opinion of the measure either way.....I have taken Redding off my list of possible places to retire to and thereby really have no reason to read the measure and form an opinion
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2014, 01:53 PM
 
Location: On the water.
18,752 posts, read 11,078,486 times
Reputation: 16158
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
Well this is a key line in the response, basically, you are saying if someone doesn't like the constant use by you of the word "doper", then they must use drugs and/or addicted to drugs themselves ? I did not realize you are the appointed arbitrator of what this thread is and is not about
You're catching on now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2014, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Redding,CA
200 posts, read 407,217 times
Reputation: 327
Not taking sides either way as I'm still undecided but I would like to point out that Meaure A impacts the unincorporated areas of Shasta Co, not growers within the city limits of Redding. From the title of this thread it comes off a bit misleading.? ( Measure A posted below )

Shall Ordinance SCC 2014-02 (Medical Marijuana Cultivation in the County’s Unincorporated Area) be Adopted?

Amends current Shasta County medical marijuana cultivation restrictions for the County’s unincorporated area to, among other things: (1) prohibit the outdoor cultivation of marijuana, (2) limit the cultivation of marijuana per premises to a total of twelve plants within a structure that is detached from and accessory to a residence of a qualified medical marijuana patient or primary caregiver of a qualified medical marijuana patient, (3) prohibit the unlawful surface drawing of water and unlawful discharges of water related to marijuana cultivation, (4) require that if the person cultivating marijuana is not the owner of the property, notarized statements from all legal owners consenting to the cultivation must be obtained, (5) make any violation of the marijuana cultivation restrictions a misdemeanor, and (6) amend residential accessory building requirements.

Last edited by DaleK; 10-05-2014 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: to add information
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2014, 04:29 PM
 
2,222 posts, read 10,131,139 times
Reputation: 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleK View Post
Not taking sides either way as I'm still undecided but I would like to point out that Meaure A impacts the unincorporated areas of Shasta Co, not growers within the city limits of Redding. From the title of this thread it comes off a bit misleading.? ( Measure A posted below )

Shall Ordinance SCC 2014-02 (Medical Marijuana Cultivation in the County’s Unincorporated Area) be Adopted?

Amends current Shasta County medical marijuana cultivation restrictions for the County’s unincorporated area to, among other things: (1) prohibit the outdoor cultivation of marijuana, (2) limit the cultivation of marijuana per premises to a total of twelve plants within a structure that is detached from and accessory to a residence of a qualified medical marijuana patient or primary caregiver of a qualified medical marijuana patient, (3) prohibit the unlawful surface drawing of water and unlawful discharges of water related to marijuana cultivation, (4) require that if the person cultivating marijuana is not the owner of the property, notarized statements from all legal owners consenting to the cultivation must be obtained, (5) make any violation of the marijuana cultivation restrictions a misdemeanor, and (6) amend residential accessory building requirements.
I understood this Measure was in regards to the unincorporated areas of Shasta Co. But I don't believe in this Measure because it does not allow a medical marijuana patient to grow organically, on their own property, without the huge expense of building a $10,000+ grow room. Growing outdoors is the most affordable option for those in need of medicine.

Laws are already in place to address the issues of commercial cultivation, water issues, chemicals, growing near schools, etc. Just enforce them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-05-2014, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Redding,CA
200 posts, read 407,217 times
Reputation: 327
Beth, more than likely I will not even vote on this measure as it does not apply to me directly since I reside within the city limits of Redding. I believe it is the residents of the unincorporated areas of Shasta Co to decide upon.

On a personal note, my daughter who was diagnosed with PTSD has been using MMJ for a few months now ( she resides in the bay area ) with an extremely low, almost non-existent THC content and high content of CBD and it has helped her quite measurably to the point where she has been able to get off the Xanax and the Klonopin doctors had prescribed her. I was the one to recommend mmj with high CBD as I read about it's benefits and she did not want to use something that would make her high as on THC.

I do think it is a shame that responsible mmj growers are being looked upon as being "druggies" and people who are ill informed are confused by what this measure will and will not do.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top