Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 03:51 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,803,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleK View Post

I do think it is a shame that responsible mmj growers are being looked upon as being "druggies" and people who are ill informed are confused by what this measure will and will not do.
Bullies will be bullies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 04:06 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,073,903 times
Hi dale... glad you're having such success with your experiment.... like many others in this thread it sounds like you cannot vote on the ordinance...legally anyway.

It also sounds like you are giving your child the right type of marijuana that shows some promise in small scale testing for very specific conditions... seizures being a narrowly focused condition ...and the mj used being high in cbds and low in thc... but I'm interested... how do you know dale?... do you have ongoing lab results with quality... dosage and purity amounts... or is this simply what some dispensary or some grower represents by strain as typical. For years uncontrolled substances were self administered as "medicine" when in reality many of them weren't the panaceas they were represented as...many of them only addicted or intoxicted the user to death. I await rigorous large scale studies and trials...but for now mj continues to be illegal...and. a large body of the medical community will have nothing to do with it.... of course the gal who comes into our community from Oakland once a week and writes recommendations like candy is only fulfilling her hypocratic oath without greed.... hmmm... from strggluing practice to millionaire ... yea... believable... not.

Would you get behind mmj if it was just the strain that shows medical promise ... I doubt it .. but you might who knows...

Also since its the internet the mmj stories we hear always seem to be self reported as positive with glowing results... hmmmm why is that...??? Agenda driven perhaps?

As you have read YES On MEASURE A does not take mm away from the user it protects it. An interesting tact the anti a folks took this week was to remove anything to do with marijuana from their advertising... now its all about property rights... more smoke and mirrors

And dale... you live here by your public location posting.. which would make you aware of the behavior of people like Benno that ruined compassionate marijuana attitudes in our community... and you read in the Record Searchlight about the on going problems associated with marijuana growing... if a person doesn't see that they are blind or blinded ...

Interesting point you highlighted as worthwhile reading in your Redding thread that marijuana growing was listed as one of many reasons as to the deterioration of Redding. I wholeheartedly agree.

Isn't 16000 joints a year enough?

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-06-2014 at 04:27 AM..

Old 10-06-2014, 08:29 AM

21,655 posts, read 16,194,427 times
Police raid garden, unable to tell the difference between okra and marijuana - National News | Examiner.com

Old 10-06-2014, 09:06 AM

200 posts, read 453,074 times
NMO, I certainly do not have the scientific evidence of many years of laboratory testing of CBD MJ, however I do see that my daughter is much relieved of her PTSD and is weaned off the Xanax and Klonopin that, to me, are much more harmful and that's good enough for me. Her friends also tell me that she is much happier and becoming much more her old self now.

Just last week I did go the dispensary with my 30 year old daughter when she went and got her refill. I was pleasantly surprised with how clean and professional the clinic was and with their professionalism. While in the waiting room I got into a conversation with the receptionist, a very nice clean cut young man, regarding THC and CBD. Surprisingly the young man told me that they had a hard time keeping the CBD rich products in stock as they were extremely high in demand (no pun intended) and they flew off the shelves as soon as they got them in. And many other dispensaries in the area are experiencing shortages of the CBD strains as well.
I am hopeful that the same could hold true here in the North state, with more people finding out how effective high CBD low THC strains are so that others could get the benefits without the "high" associated with THC ( of course there are some exceptions for high THC )

Unfortuntely we have people like Benno, the poster child of idiocy, who make a bad name for all responsible growers. Even most of the local people that grow responsibly are embarrassed by him and his antics from what I have seen and read. And there will always be those who get their scripts and use MMJ as an excuse for getting high legally, though I do think eventually the time will come when MJ will become legalized here in CA.

I honestly don't know if Measure A is any better of a solution to the problem for responsible back yard growers . It certainly is better to stop the large illegal grows by the cartels who destroy our land, but requiring responsible people on limited incomes to invest thousands of dollars for 6 plants seems a bit extreme.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
NMO, I certainly do not have the scientific evidence of many years of laboratory testing of CBD MJ,
Dale - perhaps you aren't aware, or perhaps it just didn't come to mind, to mention that it is very difficult - er, make that impossible - to have scientific evidence through studies where the substance needing study has been restricted - totally - from the scientific community as illegal.

Convenient for those who oppose, eh?

Old 10-06-2014, 09:37 AM

Thanks for that information Tulemutt, I didn't realize that. However Colorado appears to be on that... Lab-Tested Marijuana Will Soon Be Mandatory In Colorado - Leaf Science
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...-licensed-labs

Old 10-06-2014, 09:56 AM

Yes. Sorta. A couple states (CO, WA) can now start the studies. Like I said: sorta.

Here's the rub: MJ is still an illegal substance federally. Most, if not all, major, independent medical schools and similar appropriate institutions for these undertakings, rely heavily on either federal or industry funding for their research.

Get where this is going?

It is still federally prohibited.
Catch-22. You work it out and report back.

Oh, and to say nothing of the years and years and years before studies can be "scientifically conclusive".

Old 10-06-2014, 04:17 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,073,903 times
dale..

Sounds to me like you have a solid understanding as to what is going on and what needs to be done to secure your
"medicine"

I ...for one.. would like to see a full blown fda study.. lets get it going sooner than later.. and if it is good for some as medicine lets put it in the pipeline as such... skip the backyard stuff..lets make it medicine if it is.. of course.. the current crop wont go for that without a fight,, but in a couple of generations of education enforcement and social pressure perhaps some reason could come of this insanity leveled upon our neghborhoods

Lets get good roadside tests... so that the all the new MJ DUIs can be addressed.. lets fund that enforcment with drug dollars
The corporations are salivating

Ultimately I believe intoxicating subtances are bad for us as a society... but people will use drugs.. nothing will stop that.. people arent perfect and seek all manners of escape beyond the possible medical uses.. which.. are a very low percentage.. in the single digits of users.. Id love to see that get legitimized in a better manner and get the idiot dopers out of the picture

YES on MEASURE A is but a stop gap measure to more responsible use of marijuana.. it may become legal.. it may not,,, and its use may be expanded... seeing what I see in Redding/Shasta County ,,,,Im disgusted,,, so I personally hope not.. If measure A doesnt pass ALL persons who use MJ will be subject to enforcement.. Measure A gets the compliant out of the system so that the cartel/illegal growers can be focused on.
I never go into our beautful wilderness anymore without being heavily armed.. making it not fun ... I wanted to hike every mountain lake here before I die.. Ive done a bunch.. but with the grows I am reticent in being in the Trinitys.. Castle Crags.. or even above Whiskeytown anymore (these have all been locations where large gardens have been taken down by MET).. its more of a ''why do I want a confrontation without automatic weapons in my hand"... and that sucks.. I feel like the dopernation behavior has taken alot of what many of us live here for.... away.

Im repping you for your clarity.. thank you

Tule.. that was pretty funny Okra for MJ.. I can assure you no such error would be made here.. we get to see the real thing way too much.. and yes Im sure it it wasnt funny for the people who got popped .. it sucks to be them.. good case of false arrest if the story is true.. and a lot more training for the Okie Boys...

But for NORCAL... we know what your bud looks and smells like... get to smell it everyday... permeates my nostrils and gets on my clothing and its a ***** to wash out...

Old 10-06-2014, 07:26 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,632,935 times
Quote:
Beth, more than likely I will not even vote on this measure as it does not apply to me directly since I reside within the city limits of Redding. I believe it is the residents of the unincorporated areas of Shasta Co to decide upon.

On a personal note, my daughter who was diagnosed with PTSD has been using MMJ for a few months now ( she resides in the bay area ) with an extremely low, almost non-existent THC content and high content of CBD and it has helped her quite measurably to the point where she has been able to get off the Xanax and the Klonopin doctors had prescribed her. I was the one to recommend mmj with high CBD as I read about it's benefits and she did not want to use something that would make her high as on THC.

I do think it is a shame that responsible mmj growers are being looked upon as being "druggies" and people who are ill informed are confused by what this measure will and will not do.
DaleK, I am so glad your daughter has found something that helps her. I have an older family member who also uses CBD only products for his chronic pain. He likes the Tincture and edible Cheba Chew. And, there are now reports that Xanax and other like products may be associated with Alzheimers. So it's good she is off the Xanax.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:57 PM

NMO, I do agree with many of your observations and in particular regarding the need to stop the cartels. (On a personal aside my father in law is a very busy local water dowser and several times has come too close to danger regarding his safety when working for a client searching for water in the outlying areas, particularly as of late) and we have all seen on the news the ravages on our land and water that these illegal grows cause. For that alone I do support laws and monies to support LE in eradicating these grows.
I'm not so sure though about the possible harmful financial impact that Measure A would incur upon those who cannot afford to go to dispensaries and who would prefer to grow their 6 legal mmj plants and use their medicine in a responsible manner. There has to be some better way than regulating responsible growers the same as the big cartels. There has to be a balance somewhere and I wish I had the answer, but I'm not so sure that Measure A is that answer at this point in time.

And thank you for the rep btw. :-)

Thank you Beth. My daughter also uses a tincture and chews as she does not care for the smell of mj smoke. I am hopeful that as more people learn about the benefits of CBD that it will help raise peoples awareness for the better removing the stigma of being a "druggie" (as well as the effects that THC has on those suffering extreme diseases such as cancer, of which a close friend died of recently and was helped quite measurably with THC edibles )

Last edited by DaleK; 10-06-2014 at 08:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California