Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 09:22 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times

Advertisements

NotMeOfficer - you need to seriously work on your approach. I don't read your posts because they are too long, and too full of ranting. This is not effective campaigning. FWIW.

I dropped off my absentee ballot today in downtown Redding. I voted no on Measure A. I see the intent, but it was badly written. I finally read the small print. The problem, for me, is that this would really hurt the person trying to grow their own medicine, who intends to follow the law and has a legitimate medical reason to grow their own, and can't afford to put in a separate building to do so.

Requiring drug dealers to build a greenhouse, will not stop them. They are the ones who can most afford to do this.

I'm sure you'll whip off a rant about why I'm wrong - but that's why I voted no.

You'll be happy to know that I did vote yes on the increase in sales tax of 1/4 percent, to fund more police officers to help deal with crime. I'm always happy to vote for more money for cops, no matter where I live or how much money I make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 06:27 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
NotMeOfficer - you need to seriously work on your approach. I don't read your posts because they are too long, and too full of ranting. This is not effective campaigning. FWIW.

I dropped off my absentee ballot today in downtown Redding. I voted no on Measure A. I see the intent, but it was badly written. I finally read the small print. The problem, for me, is that this would really hurt the person trying to grow their own medicine, who intends to follow the law and has a legitimate medical reason to grow their own, and can't afford to put in a separate building to do so.

Requiring drug dealers to build a greenhouse, will not stop them. They are the ones who can most afford to do this.

I'm sure you'll whip off a rant about why I'm wrong - but that's why I voted no.

You'll be happy to know that I did vote yes on the increase in sales tax of 1/4 percent, to fund more police officers to help deal with crime. I'm always happy to vote for more money for cops, no matter where I live or how much money I make.

Ill protect your right to vote.. and as one of the perhaps only people on this thread who actually can... respect it.. sure ill disagree...

I wouldnt have voted for the sales tax increase.. poor management by the city does not constitute getting in my pocket some more.. no matter where the money is directed. The COR could, if they wanted, go after seizure money from all the illegal grows.. but a uber liberal city attorney who has goven us horrible advice and mired the city in doper lawsuits ( which the city previalied in) is part of the problem

Also.. you live in an area perhaps minimally directly affected... so perhaps for you.. no problem.. after the COR banned dope collectives many of the dopers moved out to county areas

You have bought into the "medicine" doper nation argument... it isnt "medicine" to most.. although they want the rest of us to accept it as such.. and people who "grow" their medicine without restriction has been demonstrated over and over to be a disaster...

For every "positive" marijuana story there are a 1000 negative..something which people who use like to gloss over and have the rest of us dismiss... seems pretty clear to me why Yes of Measure A is a great compromise..

Thanks for telling me how to treat others.. such as people who use drugs and seek to have the rest of us be involved in their screwed up existences... um... no thanks.. I like my position just fine.. no matter what druggies say.. from the personal messages Ive recieved Im heartened that there are many people who prvately dont want anything to do with dopernation behavior... but publicly dont want to get the BS that dopers love to give...

See you at your grows

Have a nice day Ma'am...

Old 10-11-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

See you at your grows

Have a nice day Ma'am...
I don't believe you're an employed cop. You're way too crazy.

Now why would you assume I have a grow, simply because i think this particular proposition is badly written?

I'm all for getting rid of illegal grows. There's just no need to take down the legitimate grows along with them. And, yes, there are some legitimate ones.

They just need to go back to the drawing board, and I may vote for the next one. But requiring every single MJ grower, even the little legitimate guy, to have to build an outhouse for their grows, is not reasonable.

It's like taking a blow torch to a mosquito. Overkill.

Go re-write it, and I may vote for it next time.

Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are a drug addict.

Seriously, there's no way a police force would keep you around. You're way too over-the-top.

Plus, a cop would have been happy I voted for a tax that will go specifically to hiring more cops, and a way to send offenders who don't toe the line - out of the county.

And, thanks, I will continue to have a nice day. Already took the dog for a nice walk by the river while it was cool.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:04 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
I don't believe you're an employed cop. You're way too crazy.

Seriously, there's no way a police force would keep you around. You're way too over-the-top.
Oh, I dunno bout that:
Indiana state trooper pulls woman over and asks 'do you accept Jesus Christ as your savior?'

I don't hate all cops per se. But there are lots of Looney-Toons characters in the ranks. Comforting, isn't it?

Old 10-11-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Oh, I dunno bout that:
Indiana state trooper pulls woman over and asks 'do you accept Jesus Christ as your savior?'

I don't hate all cops per se. But there are lots of Looney-Toons characters in the ranks. Comforting, isn't it?
LOL, well, you can bet he's behind a desk somewhere now, at best.

My dad was a cop, and was too weird to get promoted from "officer," even after 15 years on the force (Oakland), and despite acing the written exam over and over. He always failed the verbal exam. They knew he was too weird to be in charge. He finally quit and became an investigator for the county.

Anyway, my point is just that even way back before the day of cops having to be politically correct, they still kept the reins on a weirdo in their ranks.

Nowadays? No way.

And there's no way a cop would say NOT to vote for more money so they can get the job done, and use the argument that they should not get money that can only be used for their department - because the city has mismanaged general funds.

No bloomin' way. That's where you blew your cover big time NMO.

NotMeOfficer is not a cop.

I have spoken.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
LOL, well, you can bet he's behind a desk somewhere now, at best.
Um no. He's in the bushes behind your fence. Because you are obviously a deranged druggie for disagreeing with him.

Funny. When I drove through Redding last week pulling my new boat down from the Canadian border, I thought of nmo. I was so obvious I figgered he'd pull me over and have at my skull with his truncheon. After all, the psychedelic hand painted van I was driving had pot smoke pouring out of the windows like a Cheech and Chong movie, a giant clown head on the roof, and loudspeakers blaring old Doors and Jimi Hendrix albums. I always drive around stoned like that, hoping to lure little children into my lascivious, drug-fueled, wastrel lifestyle - Stomboli that I am. Beware your wives and children!

Old 10-11-2014, 05:12 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
After all, the psychedelic hand painted van I was driving had pot smoke pouring out of the windows like a Cheech and Chong movie, a giant clown head on the roof, and loudspeakers blaring old Doors and Jimi Hendrix albums. I always drive around stoned like that, hoping to lure little children into my lascivious, drug-fueled, wastrel lifestyle - Stomboli that I am. Beware your wives and children!

OMG, the visual. Thanks, I needed a good laugh!

Old 10-11-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
OMG, the visual. Thanks, I needed a good laugh!
Well, you know dopers are all about visuals.

You're welcome.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9bvuAV-Ao

Old 10-12-2014, 04:33 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Ah,, the usual suspects patting themsleves on the back...

Ok... time to let this percolate until the election... its has had over 4000 hits and my job is done...

There are some simple truths

People who use narcotics are seeking escapism
People who use narcotics, generally, are lost souls... whether its sitting on a boat rocking up and down in some harbor.. or sitting in a rocking chair with grandchildren... with a life focused upon drugs.. the use,, and pursuit of them.. speaks volumes about a human being
People who use narcotics are ,generally,morally bankrupt.. at least those who DO NOT have any real reason to use them other than to get high (and in the case of MM the stats I see or believe from first hand observations is that very few of you actually have conditions that MJ legitimately can address)
People who use narcotics many times know they are at risk but want to mire others into their risky beahvior...
People who use narcotics lose inhibitions and self controls... which we have seen over and over about MMJ and its ruining our community

It is impossible for any of you who use drugs to pass any of the tests I have to pass regularly.. I know this.. in your heart you know this.. try as you may.. its the truth

Who and what I am doesnt matter one iota.. nor will I reveal it to druggies anymore than I have... suffice to say I am deeply involved in bettering my community,, through public safety,, education.. and community internship projects.. each and every day.. what are druggies doing to better this place.. promote pot? wow.. thats an accomplishment... not

I dislike duggies with a passion.. I have had to deal with them my entire life.. they lie cheat steal and do whatever they can to further their drug use.. whether is Mj meth pills or alcohol. I have also been targeted with violence by druggies which has only strengthened my resolve.. do NOT trust people who seek drugs

There has only really been a couple of posters on this thread... and they used every druggie tactic possible to diminsh the thread... glossing over discussion of Measure A and usually only revealing how sick someone is who wants drugs as a part of their lives.. pick your drug.. they are all detrimental to the human soul..

We.. and I say we.. because there were a number of us involved in Measure A in my community all picked seperate places to educate and debate.. I got city data.. and I got what I expected.. those who fervently want drugs will do everything to shout down those who dont.. and will seek to mire all of us in their sick behavior.. trying to couch it as the new normal...

Well sportsfans.. using drugs in your life is not normal.. its a sickness... and I can only feel sorry for your lost existance..

It is interesting to read about Redding, how fast its changed because of druggie behavior, and the rising negative public perception about coming here.. it isnt popular anymore.. drugsters have destroyed it... as they destoy themselves

Im not hard to really find.. Im sure at some point some of you will show up on my radar and we will chat more.. Redding is a very small town... when we meet it will be readily apparent... Im the one who HATES drugs.. and isnt afraid to tell you..

YES ON MEASURE A will be good for our community.. an inconvenience for druggies.. but in the end a compromise for accepting some drug behavior in our community

On with the show
10-98

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-12-2014 at 04:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California