U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 10:46 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,185,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Ah,, the usual suspects patting themsleves on the back...

Ok... time to let this percolate until the election... its has had over 4000 hits and my job is done...

There are some simple truths

People who use narcotics are seeking escapism
People who use narcotics, generally, are lost souls... whether its sitting on a boat rocking up and down in some harbor.. or sitting in a rocking chair with grandchildren... with a life focused upon drugs.. the use,, and pursuit of them.. speaks volumes about a human being
People who use narcotics are ,generally,morally bankrupt.. at least those who DO NOT have any real reason to use them other than to get high (and in the case of MM the stats I see or believe from first hand observations is that very few of you actually have conditions that MJ legitimately can address)
People who use narcotics many times know they are at risk but want to mire others into their risky beahvior...
People who use narcotics lose inhibitions and self controls... which we have seen over and over about MMJ and its ruining our community

It is impossible for any of you who use drugs to pass any of the tests I have to pass regularly.. I know this.. in your heart you know this.. try as you may.. its the truth

Who and what I am doesnt matter one iota.. nor will I reveal it to druggies anymore than I have... suffice to say I am deeply involved in bettering my community,, through public safety,, education.. and community internship projects.. each and every day.. what are druggies doing to better this place.. promote pot? wow.. thats an accomplishment... not

I dislike duggies with a passion.. I have had to deal with them my entire life.. they lie cheat steal and do whatever they can to further their drug use.. whether is Mj meth pills or alcohol. I have also been targeted with violence by druggies which has only strengthened my resolve.. do NOT trust people who seek drugs

There has only really been a couple of posters on this thread... and they used every druggie tactic possible to diminsh the thread... glossing over discussion of Measure A and usually only revealing how sick someone is who wants drugs as a part of their lives.. pick your drug.. they are all detrimental to the human soul..

We.. and I say we.. because there were a number of us involved in Measure A in my community all picked seperate places to educate and debate.. I got city data.. and I got what I expected.. those who fervently want drugs will do everything to shout down those who dont.. and will seek to mire all of us in their sick behavior.. trying to couch it as the new normal...

Well sportsfans.. using drugs in your life is not normal.. its a sickness... and I can only feel sorry for your lost existance..

It is interesting to read about Redding, how fast its changed because of druggie behavior, and the rising negative public perception about coming here.. it isnt popular anymore.. drugsters have destroyed it... as they destoy themselves

Im not hard to really find.. Im sure at some point some of you will show up on my radar and we will chat more.. Redding is a very small town... when we meet it will be readily apparent... Im the one who HATES drugs.. and isnt afraid to tell you..

YES ON MEASURE A will be good for our community.. an inconvenience for druggies.. but in the end a compromise for accepting some drug behavior in our community

On with the show
10-98

Don't flatter yourself. As far as we know you are a delusional maniac. It is after all, the Internet, as you have said before.

The arrogance you portray is astonishing. I think NoMoreSnowForMe is correct about you not being who you say you are.

You got nothin'. It's good you are done here. See ya!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 01:59 AM

9,197 posts, read 15,471,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Don't flatter yourself. As far as we know you are a delusional maniac. It is after all, the Internet, as you have said before.

The arrogance you portray is astonishing. I think NoMoreSnowForMe is correct about you not being who you say you are.

You got nothin'. It's good you are done here. See ya!
You have to wonder if this is all a goofy ruse to encourage voters to vote against Measure A.

Think...Steven Colbert.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:34 AM

18,816 posts, read 28,492,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Ah,, the usual suspects patting themsleves on the back...

Ok... time to let this percolate until the election... its has had over 4000 hits and my job is done...

There are some simple truths

People who use narcotics are seeking escapism
People who use narcotics, generally, are lost souls... whether its sitting on a boat rocking up and down in some harbor.. or sitting in a rocking chair with grandchildren... with a life focused upon drugs.. the use,, and pursuit of them.. speaks volumes about a human being
People who use narcotics are ,generally,morally bankrupt.. at least those who DO NOT have any real reason to use them other than to get high (and in the case of MM the stats I see or believe from first hand observations is that very few of you actually have conditions that MJ legitimately can address)
People who use narcotics many times know they are at risk but want to mire others into their risky beahvior...
People who use narcotics lose inhibitions and self controls... which we have seen over and over about MMJ and its ruining our community

It is impossible for any of you who use drugs to pass any of the tests I have to pass regularly.. I know this.. in your heart you know this.. try as you may.. its the truth

Who and what I am doesnt matter one iota.. nor will I reveal it to druggies anymore than I have... suffice to say I am deeply involved in bettering my community,, through public safety,, education.. and community internship projects.. each and every day.. what are druggies doing to better this place.. promote pot? wow.. thats an accomplishment... not

I dislike duggies with a passion.. I have had to deal with them my entire life.. they lie cheat steal and do whatever they can to further their drug use.. whether is Mj meth pills or alcohol. I have also been targeted with violence by druggies which has only strengthened my resolve.. do NOT trust people who seek drugs

There has only really been a couple of posters on this thread... and they used every druggie tactic possible to diminsh the thread... glossing over discussion of Measure A and usually only revealing how sick someone is who wants drugs as a part of their lives.. pick your drug.. they are all detrimental to the human soul..

We.. and I say we.. because there were a number of us involved in Measure A in my community all picked seperate places to educate and debate.. I got city data.. and I got what I expected.. those who fervently want drugs will do everything to shout down those who dont.. and will seek to mire all of us in their sick behavior.. trying to couch it as the new normal...

Well sportsfans.. using drugs in your life is not normal.. its a sickness... and I can only feel sorry for your lost existance..

It is interesting to read about Redding, how fast its changed because of druggie behavior, and the rising negative public perception about coming here.. it isnt popular anymore.. drugsters have destroyed it... as they destoy themselves

Im not hard to really find.. Im sure at some point some of you will show up on my radar and we will chat more.. Redding is a very small town... when we meet it will be readily apparent... Im the one who HATES drugs.. and isnt afraid to tell you..

YES ON MEASURE A will be good for our community.. an inconvenience for druggies.. but in the end a compromise for accepting some drug behavior in our community

On with the show
10-98
The problem with ranting like a fanatic, is that the only people who will want to listen to you, will be people who already agree with you.

You seriously need to work on your approach, if you want to change people's minds.

You know who was amazing at changing people's minds? Al Gore, believe it or not. When I was living in TN he was our representative. A nuclear waste dump wanted to locate in TN, and TN is a right to work state, and all about jobs. We would get these newletters all the time from Al Gore, very gently educating the citizens of TN about why we should vote against the nuclear waste dump, even though it would provide a lot of jobs.

He knew his constituency, and knew to NOT act like a militant environmentalist. He let us know that nuclear waste would be traveling across the state on trains, and why that was dangerous, as it did not just involve the actual nuclear waste dump area - that it would put the entire state at risk. He brought it home, helping people imagine what would happen if a train crashed with that nuclear waste on it, in their neighborhood.

But, he did it in such a gentle way. Never over-the-top anti-anything. Never fanatical. And it actually worked. I was so amazed. I never thought TN would vote no to a project that would provide so many jobs. But they did. Made me take notice of Al Gore. And when he later popped up as a vice-presidential candidate, he sure got my vote. That's a guy who knows how to be persuasive and diplomatic.

You could take a lesson.

Oh, and it may burst your bubble, that even though I don't care if other people smoke pot -- I don't.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:06 PM

78 posts, read 124,509 times
I just moved to Redding back in February 2014, I'm looking for work out of here. I really want to move before the one year mark. Redding is beautiful, but the people make what it is.....drugs, crime, crazies and religion. Is there anything else here?

Old 10-16-2014, 02:41 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,185,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoToSTL View Post
I just moved to Redding back in February 2014, I'm looking for work out of here. I really want to move before the one year mark. Redding is beautiful, but the people make what it is.....drugs, crime, crazies and religion. Is there anything else here?
Not much. I think the beautiful surroundings and lower housing costs are what draws people to the area. But people really need to do their homework. It is well-known that there are no jobs and there hasn't been for quite some time. The heat is unbearable, lot's of meth use, and there is a large criminal aspect.

Old 10-16-2014, 11:06 PM

18,816 posts, read 28,492,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Not much. I think the beautiful surroundings and lower housing costs are what draws people to the area. But people really need to do their homework. It is well-known that there are no jobs and there hasn't been for quite some time. The heat is unbearable, lot's of meth use, and there is a large criminal aspect.
Beth, where do you live?

Where is all this crime in the city I live in, but don't experience? Same with all this supposed meth use? More than other cities? How would you know? Read it on CD by someone who doesn't live here?

Explain why there is no graffiti in Redding.

Just irks me how people who don't live here go on and on about this and that about Redding, just because they read it here by someone who doesn't even live here.

If you really live here, No to St Louis, why don't you put it in your location?

This anti-Redding garbage just irks me. If you don't want to see meth users, don't hang out with them. Don't hang out where they go.

I just had a nice chat with a couple of beautiful women who were obviously well-off, this evening when I went to walk my dog. They were going out at the pricey steak restaurant across the street.

Have you seen the mansions on the cliffs above the river? How does Trader Joe's stay in business? Meth heads using their food stamps there? Shopping at Gap? Costco?

You are absolutely right about the heat in Redding. I just a few days ago turned off my air conditioner. It's been used daily since around May 15th. That's too hot for too long for me.

But, other than that, Redding is a great place. Name me one city in CA that has nobody using meth. In fact, name me another city that has no graffiti?

Redding is not a job career mecca. So what? Don't move here for a career.

Sheesh, this stuff drives me nuts.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:53 AM

24,671 posts, read 65,293,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post

Where is all this crime in the city I live in, but don't experience? Same with all this supposed meth use? More than other cities? How would you know? Read it on CD by someone who doesn't live here?
Search "Redding Ca crime" and you'll come up with a bunch of sites citing statistics which support this article from February this year:

Redding makes Time's list of cities with soaring crime | Local News - Home

Wherever you live where there is a statistically high crime rate you obviously minimize the likelihood of being a victim by living outside the area pockets where the incidence of crime is higher and staying out of shifty areas - but to vociferously deny the plain facts accomplishes nothing.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:32 AM

200 posts, read 412,014 times
Wondering how this turned from a discussion of Measure A to a discussion of this towns demise, but I give you this to read and digest https://crumblingtownreddingca.wordpress.com/ and for any sceptical residents of our fair city be sure to try out Lulu's across the street from the Pine St Safeway in the evening hours for dinner and observe the tweakers converging in the Safeway parking lot. Not so Safe

and to get back on track re: Measure A I have decided to vote no. I see no good coming from punishing those who are on limited incomes by requiring them to spend thousands of dollars they dont have when many are growing and using mmj responsibly. The city and county already have their own laws in place and the city and county will still be going after the illegal cartels and grows.

and for the record, I do not use or grow mmj as "someone" here seems to think. I much prefer a nice soak in the tub with a glass of wine for my ails. It's probably not the only time he's jumped to the wrong conclusion about someone with a different opinion.

adding some more food for thought from the Washington Post... http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ut-rates-fell/

Last edited by DaleK; 10-17-2014 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: to add info...

Old 10-17-2014, 10:18 AM

19,320 posts, read 11,548,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleK View Post
and for the record, I do not use or grow mmj as "someone" here seems to think. I much prefer a nice soak in the tub with a glass of wine for my ails. It's probably not the only time he's jumped to the wrong conclusion about someone with a different opinion.
"Someone" also thinks "a glass of wine" makes the drinker a wino.
Get out of the gutter, Dale!

Old 10-17-2014, 10:24 AM

200 posts, read 412,014 times
Too late Tule, I'm probably already out of the gutter and right down there in the sewers! ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California