Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 12:30 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Whatever. Twist it anyway you want.

I won't be replying to you in the future. You said in another thread you are disabled. I will take that as truth. I have no interest in a merry-go-round of accusations.

Be well and live happy in Redding or wherever.

Interesting that you know all these "technique's".
So, your little comment about me being "uptight with anxiety" and therefore suggesting I use medical marijuana, was a diagnosis of my disability? With a caring suggestion regarding my disability?

Deeper and deeper.

Actually, you have demonstrated that you have a great interest in a merry-go-round of accusations. I guess what you weren't expecting, was me calling you out on each and every one of them.

I've studied the techniques that people use when they are debating or arguing, especially when they are back peddling or deflecting, etc. It is interesting.

And, thank you, I will continue to be well and happy in Redding or wherever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 09:29 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Case in point. You live on St. Thomas, and are a British citizen.

Shall I comment on life on St. Thomas? Shall I find a bunch of internet sites that "prove" my point? Even though I've never been there?
What on earth prompted such a bristle? What relevance does the fact that I live on St Thomas and am a UK citizen have to do with "case in point"? I've lived, worked and traveled throughout the US as a permanent resident alien for close to 50 years.

If you'd like to comment on living where I live then feel free to do so and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have on statistics you may read. The Redding statistics in the link I provided are ably supported by other related links (I did my research carefully) including those directly from the Redding PD.

The only reason I questioned your train of thought was that I also go through similar discussions with people who read the crime statistics in the US Virgin Islands and conclude that since we unfortunately have the highest per capita murder rate under the US flag we are therefore living in a very dangerous place where extreme caution needs to be exercised at every turn. Where you choose to retort with, "well I live here and it's just not true", I don't dispute the statistics at all but, as I said earlier, one can, "minimize the likelihood of being a victim by living outside the area pockets where the incidence of crime is higher and staying out of shifty areas".

You're vociferously arguing an essentially moot point with not only people living outside your area but people who live in that same town and who happen to disagree with you. It's wonderful that you don't personally see or experience the negatives but your soap box needs some sturdy 2X4s to replace those flimsy slats supporting it.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:47 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The only reason I questioned your train of thought was that I also go through similar discussions with people who read the crime statistics in the US Virgin Islands
And when there is a lull in people writing about crime stats in the Virgin Islands you feel compelled to vicariously travel through the internet to places thousands of miles away from your home to comment on their statistics? Island life is limited, obviously.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And when there is a lull in people writing about crime stats in the Virgin Islands you feel compelled to vicariously travel through the internet to places thousands of miles away from your home to comment on their statistics? Island life is limited, obviously.
That is so far from the truth as to be ludicrous. My postings on crime statistics are miniscule in number as you would easily discover on a simple search which would take a minute or two. I often post on forums unrelated to where I live or to my primary interests when a comment or a thread header pops out and interests me. Maybe you should check facts before posting.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
That is so far from the truth as to be ludicrous. My postings on crime statistics are miniscule in number as you would easily discover on a simple search which would take a minute or two. I often post on forums unrelated to where I live or to my primary interests when a comment or a thread header pops out and interests me. Maybe you should check facts before posting.
And maybe you should take a deep breath, and wonder why on earth would I be interested to do a search on someone's posting activities who lives in the Virgin Islands.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
And maybe you should take a deep breath, and wonder why on earth would I be interested to do a search on someone's posting activities who lives in the Virgin Islands.
I've not a clue. But if doing so would save you from posting a rather rudely worded erroneous observation to which I simply responded then there would indeed be a point.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I've not a clue.
Noted.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:20 AM

Hi all. Just came across some research from Canada that may support nmo's position. In the interest of fairness and full disclosure, I submit for your review:
Spiders on drugs
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Old 11-02-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Hi all. Just came across some research from Canada that may support nmo's position. In the interest of fairness and full disclosure, I submit for your review:
Spiders on drugs
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater
OMG, this is hilarious! Whew, good one, Mutt!

Old 11-05-2014, 01:56 AM

Thought I'd be the first to congratulate Not Me Officer on Measure A passing. It's not a perfect law, but hopefully, it will result in some improvements regarding illegal grows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California