U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:49 PM

18,816 posts, read 28,311,176 times

Advertisements

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 04:07 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,745,510 times
Wow... overwhelming evidence ... the usual posters for the most part deny it
We have tried outdoor grows

95 percent non compliance as reported by the Sheriff... resource management .. and other reporting agencies... gis etc... huge environmental damage.. dope growers like to tout their organic growing practices
.. this has been exposed over and over as a fallacy... when their drugs are at risk... or they are seeking super pot strains.. ever increasingly popular or the potential loss of huge sums of money... little mom and pop grows can easily net 30k... the use if pesticides herbicides and growth hormones go on with abandon... who would want to live next to that...neighbors or safety be damned. I thought it was medicine... not an income source... few mom and pop grows are for self use only... its a scam.

Grow operations next to schools... in the case of Foothill high immediately behind the back stop ..nice... even at games everyone gets to smell weed... parents who want drug free kids getting bombarded... marijuana easier to get than alcohol as reported by shasta county students
Violence directly related to marijuana operations.. drug grow ripoffs weekly in the paper... perhaps you gloss over them.. ostrich syndrome..the face of marijuana here are people like James Benno... the prince of pot... lots of felons growing with lots of guns present when leos show up where marijuana is being grown... guns being a common theme...
Through hybrid growing techniques dope is grown 24/7 now... so skunk weed smell is constant... can't grow cigarettes or have outdoor stills.. why do dopers get a pass?

Measure A will take care of many of these problems ... because of physical space limitations the six plant maximum will be more realistic ...but the ingenuity of drug growers never ceases to amaze me...so even in the maximum space allotment dopers will do amazing things.

Are you stuck on ignorance... DUI marijuana has exploded in our county...as high as 50 percent of respondents self reporting use along with alcohol ... that's about 100 per month... or in the case of Redding about 2 in 5 drivers after 2am with intoxicants in their system.. including if you believe self reporting.. 50 percent with mj in their system... those numbers have exploded compared to just 3 years ago... if I use your thinking this is all no big deal... but is... and those people who dont use drugs no longer want the in your face drug users behavior here.. including your mom and pop grows ... ask any smart realtor who sells homes here... dope growing neighbors are now a disclosible nuisance ...wonderful..

Continue to chest puff...internet marijuana heroes...with everything our world faces do we really need to enable drug users over non drug users... the logic is self evident. Wow... I fear for America with your thinking... Americans are incredibly tolerant.. and some of you haven't experienced what I speak of here and so say... no big deal...until it effects you personally... when that happens many previously tolerant people quickly change their minds

Vote yes on measure a... give Shasta county a chance

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-12-2014 at 04:26 AM..

Old 09-12-2014, 09:39 AM

8,452 posts, read 13,460,675 times
Since marijuana legalization, highway fatalities in Colorado are at near-historic lows - The Washington Post

Old 09-12-2014, 10:53 AM

19,088 posts, read 11,342,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Wow...
Wow... I fear for America with your thinking...
Well, your concern is touching. But I am pretty confident that America has faced and overcome challenges greater than my errant "thinking" over its years. We'll muddle through. Bless your little blue heart

Old 09-12-2014, 11:32 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,163,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
The big narcotics money is here in Shasta County trying to overturn zoning restrictions for drug growing operations
Measure A... would challenge the restrictions proposed by the county
Those include
Limiting the amount of marijuana grown to a persons actual medical recommendation... no more I'm growing for my friends...
Security devices
Filters for the skunk smell
No more outdoor grows
Limitation on the size of a building used for growing

All the things that people against marijuana production said would happen with unfettered growing have occurred

95 percent non compliance rate regardless of drug growers repeated and numerous statements about abiding with the law
Neighborhoods ruined or negatively changed by drug growers
Wholesale destruction of the environment
Huge criminal element behind the scenes
Little benefit from taxation because of the underground criminal economy

Please defeat the well funded drug money and vote for real freedom

This is something you can do individually to positively impact upon the community you live in
Say no to drug growers

Say yes to reasonable controls over a intoxicating and destructive substance

Next battle... welfare for weed... Washington and Colorado are already seeing welfare recipients using their ebt cards for buying drugs... disgusting and a loophole that will have to be closed
I think there is a big difference between the average Medical Marijuana patient and the growers for profit. Not being able to grow 6 plants in your own backyard garden is ridiculous. Many MM patients need a caretaker to help with this as it takes a lot of work from beginning to end. Caretakers are legal and it isn't just "growing for friends". Expecting MM patients to set up an expensive inside grow is also ridiculous. The ban on outdoor growing needs to be rescinded.

There are already laws in place that address many of your issues. Adding more laws isn't going to help with the large grows you are talking about. That is a separate issue. I do agree with you that the destruction of our forests by these large grows is a problem. But as I said, there is a big difference in your average MM patient and these growers for profit.

Your views on Medical Marijuana seem to be driven by fear and anger. And although you may have knowledge on illegal activities in your area, you don't really seem to have any true knowledge about the average legal Medical Marijuana patient. There also seems to be a lack of compassion for those who truly find relief in MM when the pharmaceuticals don't work for them.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,305,261 times
Shasta has to have some sort of economic base. Right now, in the far north of California, many if not most people are on some form of government assistance because there simply isn't any form of economic base. This proposal will just knock out one of the few actual economically productive industries they have out there.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Shasta has to have some sort of economic base. Right now, in the far north of California, many if not most people are on some form of government assistance because there simply isn't any form of economic base. This proposal will just knock out one of the few actual economically productive industries they have out there.
I think you are right about this. I remember a documentary I saw on T.V. awhile back about people who travel to Humboldt County from other states looking for work. They seek jobs trimming marijuana plants after the harvest. People who need work get hungry and will do whatever it takes to survive.

The economy has been bad in the Redding area for many years. I tried living there back in the 80's and there wasn't a job in site for many of us then. Isn't any better now from what I hear. Desperate people do desperate things.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:09 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,745,510 times
Next you'll be trying to prove you drive better with THC in you!

A quick Google check revealed many studies showing a tripling of drugged driving. ...Predominantly mj.. from many different sources... pick your poison. My personal experience is that drugged driving has exploded ... but I also will include perscription drugs... more and more people it seems are resorting to pharmacology to deal with life...including mj...

Better roadside testing is still in the works... that will also show how exacerbated mj has added to dui

Don't worry ... boating under the influence is also going up.... so fear not tule... we have a plan for sailboat captains too...

Vote yes on measure A... help make Shasta county a great place to live a raise children without weed smell and outdoor grows

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-12-2014 at 01:24 PM..

Old 09-12-2014, 02:55 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,305,261 times
How is it a great place to live and raise a family if there are no jobs? Seriously, a huge number of people up their survive by filing bogus social security disabilities claims. Do something to generate some jobs and then tell us what a great place it is to raise a family in.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:28 PM

So Measure A would require a MM patient to build a separate structure which would include electricity, a water supply, air and water filters, and a security system just to grow a few plants. I think that cost along with the permits would probably be out of reach for most patients in Shasta County, don't you think? It could cost around $10,000 or so. And then there are the future costs such as electricity etc.

So then if a MM patient can't afford to build such a structure and has no money to purchase from a collective, that patient is out of luck and should just live with their pain or illness?

Vote NO on Measure A. It's about your civil liberties folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California