U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 05:35 PM

18,817 posts, read 27,962,206 times

Advertisements

I saw a guy in Pier 1 in Redding this afternoon wearing a button that said Vote NO on A. I couldn't remember what no was for, or yes was for, so had to come back and read this thread.

I couldn't tell at all by just looking at the guy if he would be someone for or against the new law.

Goes to show, not all medical MJ users are obviously destroyed by reefer madness.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 06:24 PM

804 posts, read 750,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
The big narcotics money is here in Shasta County trying to overturn zoning restrictions for drug growing operations
Measure A... would challenge the restrictions proposed by the county
Those include
Limiting the amount of marijuana grown to a persons actual medical recommendation... no more I'm growing for my friends...
Security devices
Filters for the skunk smell
No more outdoor grows
Limitation on the size of a building used for growing

All the things that people against marijuana production said would happen with unfettered growing have occurred

95 percent non compliance rate regardless of drug growers repeated and numerous statements about abiding with the law
Neighborhoods ruined or negatively changed by drug growers
Wholesale destruction of the environment
Huge criminal element behind the scenes
Little benefit from taxation because of the underground criminal economy

Please defeat the well funded drug money and vote for real freedom

This is something you can do individually to positively impact upon the community you live in
Say no to drug growers

Say yes to reasonable controls over a intoxicating and destructive substance

Next battle... welfare for weed... Washington and Colorado are already seeing welfare recipients using their ebt cards for buying drugs... disgusting and a loophole that will have to be closed
Are you 100% against the usage of Marijuana (for any reason)? The reason I ask is because I think that with the right long term strategies and compromises, many of the problems you see can be mitigated through light regulation but strong enforcement. The target would be for smart laws that balance perfect revenue generation with perfect enforcement spending. On the other hand, if your position is based purely on beliefs, then I suspect no compromise would be possible after all.

Many of the problems that you listed sound like they should have been eliminated by proper enforcement of existing laws already, but the fact that they remain as problems means something must be wrong with your current system.

Is part of the problem caused by insufficient income? Would another part of the problem be because you have discovered that there are a lot of shady people of poor moral quality are in the business of supplying a black market? And because the law refuses to formally recognize the legality of the product, the moral, law-abiding citizens involved are limited in how they can help with enforcement of the rules?

If marijuana is legalized across the board, then seizures of illegal crops (such as those planted on public lands) could potentially be auctioned off to manufacturers somewhere else, thus recouping some of the costs of enforcement. This in turn would discourage further such incursions as word of enforcement gets out.

Remember all of the modern lessons in warfare regarding hard and soft strategies. A soft approach may get you much better results than continuing to pass laws intended for hard enforcement strategies, which your local police department may or may not be increasingly unable to pay for due to the manpower requirements and the cost of such strategies.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:41 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,725,160 times
No... I am not for marijuana being illegal but I do want controls.
If its truly medicine put it through the ten year fda study... see what it really works on... limited use with current research...use the systems in place for production and distribution ... take the mom and pop drug dealers out of the equation ...

As to recreational use...
No... I've lived with the promises dopers have made in our county... its a sham and has created issues across the board...
Do I care about someone growing a plant for personal use ...no.. but it hasn't worked... dopers lie just about every time... which evidence shows... 95 percent non compliance.. so leaving the very lax laws we currently have.. less than an oz a ticket et Al.. works for me. I am against the wholesale legalization of recreational mj.... as I would most likely view adding any other intoxicants in en mass quantities into our world.. we already have damage of alcohol... cigarettes ...and other drugs.
Drug use cannot be stopped ..goofed up people whose internal controls are broken or damaged will always seek escape... they might like to cloak it in arguements of personal freedom or entitlements... but the bottom line those who want to be high are damaged human beings...its a cycle that continues

Vote yes on measure a... reasonable accommodations to people who want to be high balanced with people who do not want to be exposed to obnoxious... noxious.. and a potentially dangerous pursuit...
Thank you

Old 09-12-2014, 09:17 PM

18,712 posts, read 11,030,779 times
Quote:
No... I am not for marijuana being illegal but I do want controls.
If its truly medicine put it through the ten year fda study... see what it really works on... limited use with current research...use the systems in place for production and distribution ... take the mom and pop drug dealers out of the equation ...

As to recreational use...
No... I've lived with the promises dopers have made in our county... its a sham and has created issues across the board...
Do I care about someone growing a plant for personal use ...no.. but it hasn't worked... dopers lie just about every time... which evidence shows... 95 percent non compliance.. so leaving the very lax laws we currently have.. less than an oz a ticket et Al.. works for me. I am against the wholesale legalization of recreational mj.... as I would most likely view adding any other intoxicants in en mass quantities into our world.. we already have damage of alcohol... cigarettes ...and other drugs.
Drug use cannot be stopped ..goofed up people whose internal controls are broken or damaged will always seek escape... they might like to cloak it in arguements of personal freedom or entitlements... but the bottom line those who want to be high are damaged human beings...its a cycle that continues

Vote yes on measure a... reasonable accommodations to people who want to be high balanced with people who do not want to be exposed to obnoxious... noxious.. and a potentially dangerous pursuit...
Thank you
The lonely voice in the wilderness.

Helps being a cop, doesn't it? You are used to no one agreeing with you. And you are used to being absolutely convinced that you alone are right.

By the way, Officer, I read that post a couple weeks back where you spilled the beans about yourself and then deleted it all (not fast enough!). I particularly enjoyed the part where you described how different you are from your "brothers in blue" - and added "but I don't judge them". That is mighty gracious of you. Too bad you don't extend similar respect to the public. Judging everyone else inferior and damaged as you do. Your prejudices flying in the face of all research that shows that only about 10% of drinkers, and the same of pot smokers, fall into the categorization of "problem" drinking / alcoholism, and drug abuse. You sit and spin in your sordid little world and project that the garbage you deal with represents the state of the world the rest of us thrive in.

Sad puppy.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:15 AM

My dear Tule.. it is so sad that you fight so hard for drug use....

Sorry.. I couldnt post instantly like you .. I know you like to follow me and my posts making them personal.. thats what is sad.. the energy you put into drug use.. as opposed to the energy I put into a society where people could see a life path free from the prison of addictions... putting my energy into reducing homelessness.. educating public safety responders... removing trash from the side of the road and the hundreds of other activities people like me engage in to make our community better...but Im one of the 50 percenters that has to work to pay for all of those of you on disability using social welfare... staying home smoking refer ...whining about not being able to sleep or anxiety or the hundreds of other ailments that would probably be better served by exercise and yoga and a diet not full of junk food.. I know.. the truth hurts but lets try to face some reality here....

I never seem to see the dopers with me on a clean up day at Whiskeytown.. or at Good News serving meals (actually Im serving many drug users there.. oh boy what a face).. I dont see dopers coming through public safety classes..opps they cant pass the drug tests.. so they arent on the fire line.. or in a radio car.. or providing care to sick children.. but take their drugs away or ask for controls on them them and its in your face behavior.. just like all the Board of Supervisor meetings where druggies screamed and yelled,,, smoked dope,,, and targeted and assaulted people who had differeing viewpoints.. all the dope proponents on here refuse to accept or see this behavior.. what can I say.. synapse failure.. it only makes my resolve and the resolve of many like me stronger.. many dont bother posting.. why waste time with braincell damaged humans.. me.. I still think most of you can see a path to conscious living.. maybe.. although as time goes by Im not sure..as more drugs become readily available and more kids use them lifelong and permanently damage themselves we may develop a whole society of less capable.. less motivated.. less willing... idiots

Those of you that dont live in Shasta County usually have your own cities railing as to what to do with out of control doper behavior.. Dopers also dont want to feel guilt for their sickness and if they really knew the harm they are doing to others.. much less themselves.. but lets say personal freedom to kill yourself.. slow or fast is your right.. zonked out stoned buzzed or high.. great.. anyway.. drugs relieve them of their guilt so they DONT have to feel responsible for their behavior to others.. its a toilet bowl descending circle of life...

As to freedom.. God love it ..and the several "hot tours" people have had to do to protect it but it isnt absolute.. the right of a doper to grow doesnt trump the rights of others who dont want to be exposed to their obnoxious activity.. and there is good reason for this and is based in fact as to past behavior being a predictor of future behavior.. when there isnt compliance now with laws in place will there be compliance in the future? (btw the seizure and sale of MJ was an interesting concept.. putting the governement directly in the business of selling dope to its citizens.. oh ..I like that idea.. NOT).. no I do not think dopers will comply.. so what measure A does is make it easier for all parties to identify those who just dont want to get along.. there will be perhaps a number of growers who will comply.. I doubt it,, but Im willing to give measure A a try

Drug users by their very nature cannot be trusted.. pick your drug.. Mj .. alcohol.. perscription drugs.. all of them kill the brain.. deaden the senses..damage the consciousness.. MJ.. a narcotic... one puff can perhaps kills 5 million brain cells at a time.. making drug users dumber by the puff... and drug users are damaged people.. I think we can all agree... hopefully you arent of the fringe element that thinks that MJ makes you smarter.. faster.. stronger.. or more healthy holistically.. maybe you are..Are you suggesting that drug users aren't damaged individuals.. well are you.. ???

Anyway.. some other posters with interesting points

As to economics of measure A... the cost

The cost is negligible compared to one years grow profits.... many estimates are that a simple mom and pop grow can net 30 k cash profit per year... so spending 10k one time seems reasonable to me.. there will always be people that say they cant afford it.. while MJ sells anywhere from 1k to 6k a pound... the cheap stuff at 5-10 percent thc content.. the really good designer stuff approaching 35% ( to get that designer stuff requires some unhealthy designer chemicals too)

Dopers love to tout the benefits of taxation of recreational pot.. Colorado reports that has not been the case and once again non compliance is reported as being very high.. millions taken in and many millions unrealized as dopers evade tax responsibility.. what a concept.. dopers being trusted to pay their fair share while using dope. The politicians happy for a new revenue stream.. didnt work out that way.. whole new governemnt bureaucracies created for dope economy.. but hey the druggies told us it would all be good

Wow lets look at some other economic benefits.. since dopers say they want to be positive tax payers.. think of the boon for Shasta County,, the building permits.. the construction permits ..the building materials.. the lights ..the security systems.. fencing contractors.. the trickle down sounds huge,,, and awesome for our economy.. think of the jobs created.. just what dopers suggest arent here,,

I mean the trimmers will still be needed.. perhaps more so as indoor systems may require more attention.. awesome more jobs more economic benefits right?

Its all a sham.. face it you (the collective you) just want to get high... sucking off something is an activity many dopers are accustomed to.. why do drugs and welfare seem to go hand in hand... hmmm..

While I ponder that with a couple hours sleep now I have to go back to work.. but dont worry.. Ill be back after Ive paid my taxes and improved my community today.. when you look east and see the fire you know where Ill be...oh.. sorry.. numerous pot plantations got burned up in the fire.. every one of them in compliance ... ha.. have a good belly laugh at that one

Vote YES on meaure A... put Shasta County first

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-13-2014 at 09:19 AM..

Old 09-13-2014, 10:04 AM

8,451 posts, read 13,324,132 times
Do you drink alcohol? Be truthful.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:39 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,122,665 times
Quote:
My dear Tule.. it is so sad that you fight so hard for drug use....

Sorry.. I couldnt post instantly like you .. I know you like to follow me and my posts making them personal.. thats what is sad.. the energy you put into drug use.. as opposed to the energy I put into a society where people could see a life path free from the prison of addictions... putting my energy into reducing homelessness.. educating public safety responders... removing trash from the side of the road and the hundreds of other activities people like me engage in to make our community better...but Im one of the 50 percenters that has to work to pay for all of those of you on disability using social welfare... staying home smoking refer ...whining about not being able to sleep or anxiety or the hundreds of other ailments that would probably be better served by exercise and yoga and a diet not full of junk food.. I know.. the truth hurts but lets try to face some reality here....

I never seem to see the dopers with me on a clean up day at Whiskeytown.. or at Good News serving meals (actually Im serving many drug users there.. oh boy what a face).. I dont see dopers coming through public safety classes..opps they cant pass the drug tests.. so they arent on the fire line.. or in a radio car.. or providing care to sick children.. but take their drugs away or ask for controls on them them and its in your face behavior.. just like all the Board of Supervisor meetings where druggies screamed and yelled,,, smoked dope,,, and targeted and assaulted people who had differeing viewpoints.. all the dope proponents on here refuse to accept or see this behavior.. what can I say.. synapse failure.. it only makes my resolve and the resolve of many like me stronger.. many dont bother posting.. why waste time with braincell damaged humans.. me.. I still think most of you can see a path to conscious living.. maybe.. although as time goes by Im not sure..as more drugs become readily available and more kids use them lifelong and permanently damage themselves we may develop a whole society of less capable.. less motivated.. less willing... idiots

Those of you that dont live in Shasta County usually have your own cities railing as to what to do with out of control doper behavior.. Dopers also dont want to feel guilt for their sickness and if they really knew the harm they are doing to others.. much less themselves.. but lets say personal freedom to kill yourself.. slow or fast is your right.. zonked out stoned buzzed or high.. great.. anyway.. drugs relieve them of their guilt so they DONT have to feel responsible for their behavior to others.. its a toilet bowl descending circle of life...

As to freedom.. God love it ..and the several "hot tours" people have had to do to protect it but it isnt absolute.. the right of a doper to grow doesnt trump the rights of others who dont want to be exposed to their obnoxious activity.. and there is good reason for this and is based in fact as to past behavior being a predictor of future behavior.. when there isnt compliance now with laws in place will there be compliance in the future? (btw the seizure and sale of MJ was an interesting concept.. putting the governement directly in the business of selling dope to its citizens.. oh ..I like that idea.. NOT).. no I do not think dopers will comply.. so what measure A does is make it easier for all parties to identify those who just dont want to get along.. there will be perhaps a number of growers who will comply.. I doubt it,, but Im willing to give measure A a try

Drug users by their very nature cannot be trusted.. pick your drug.. Mj .. alcohol.. perscription drugs.. all of them kill the brain.. deaden the senses..damage the consciousness.. MJ.. a narcotic... one puff can perhaps kills 5 million brain cells at a time.. making drug users dumber by the puff... and drug users are damaged people.. I think we can all agree... hopefully you arent of the fringe element that thinks that MJ makes you smarter.. faster.. stronger.. or more healthy holistically.. maybe you are..Are you suggesting that drug users aren't damaged individuals.. well are you.. ???

Anyway.. some other posters with interesting points

As to economics of measure A... the cost

The cost is negligible compared to one years grow profits.... many estimates are that a simple mom and pop grow can net 30 k cash profit per year... so spending 10k one time seems reasonable to me.. there will always be people that say they cant afford it.. while MJ sells anywhere from 1k to 6k a pound... the cheap stuff at 5-10 percent thc content.. the really good designer stuff approaching 35% ( to get that designer stuff requires some unhealthy designer chemicals too)

Dopers love to tout the benefits of taxation of recreational pot.. Colorado reports that has not been the case and once again non compliance is reported as being very high.. millions taken in and many millions unrealized as dopers evade tax responsibility.. what a concept.. dopers being trusted to pay their fair share while using dope. The politicians happy for a new revenue stream.. didnt work out that way.. whole new governemnt bureaucracies created for dope economy.. but hey the druggies told us it would all be good

Wow lets look at some other economic benefits.. since dopers say they want to be positive tax payers.. think of the boon for Shasta County,, the building permits.. the construction permits ..the building materials.. the lights ..the security systems.. fencing contractors.. the trickle down sounds huge,,, and awesome for our economy.. think of the jobs created.. just what dopers suggest arent here,,

I mean the trimmers will still be needed.. perhaps more so as indoor systems may require more attention.. awesome more jobs more economic benefits right?

Its all a sham.. face it you (the collective you) just want to get high... sucking off something is an activity many dopers are accustomed to.. why do drugs and welfare seem to go hand in hand... hmmm..

While I ponder that with a couple hours sleep now I have to go back to work.. but dont worry.. Ill be back after Ive paid my taxes and improved my community today.. when you look east and see the fire you know where Ill be...oh.. sorry.. numerous pot plantations got burned up in the fire.. every one of them in compliance ... ha.. have a good belly laugh at that one

Vote YES on meaure A... put Shasta County first
Good grief, is this the junk they teach you in cop school? Or is this your religious teachings talking. Anyway, your information about marijuana comes from the dark ages. Pot does not kill brain cells, it kills brain cancer cells. All those brain cell killing stories came from the Monkey study which has been dismissed as bogus.

There is just so much wrong in your rants about MJ I wouldn't know where to start. But I do know that people with your point of view are going the way of dinosaurs, thank goodness.

The pharmaceutical and tobacco companies want you to believe as you do as they can't make any money on a plant they can't patent. Guys like you are sucked into their web of BS, just like the days of Reefer Madness.

You go ahead and rant on, while I go out to my backyard and tend to my 6 plants raised without any added chemicals. You see, I have Leukemia which causes bone pain, severe muscle spasms, and other numerous problems that morphine doesn't help. Instead of pumping my body with drugs that kill, I have chosen a safe route of MM. So you go ahead and ramble on about things you really don't know anything about.

Your perception of anyone who smokes MJ is that they are a doper. Due to my age, I have known many people who have smoked MJ over 40 years. They are educated, employed, family oriented people who are pillars of society with no dead brain cells. Among them doctors, attorneys and even a few police officers and firemen. Not one of them with any health or mental problems. However, I do know someone at this time who is a real nice Vietnam veteran who drank too much alcohol due to his PTSD and is in the hospital suffering from alcohol induced dementia. Now there is something you can rant about. Alcohol kills!

I hope you have a real nice day!

Old 09-13-2014, 05:25 PM

18,817 posts, read 27,962,206 times
This thread is getting too personal with the attacks, etc. Might be time to shut 'er down, me thinks.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:28 PM

Censorship is one of the worst forms of oppression... I don't take anything posted in this forum personal, ,, it's the Internet. ... I have noticed that when people who are proponents of drug use feel disempowered then they want censorship. .. just like in the board of supervisors meetings when they tried shouting down any opposing viewpoint

Nsparrow.. I don't drink,,, haven't since I was 15 years old and irresponsibly drank too many beers... three was intoxicating ,, bringing my also inebriated girlfriend back to a dinner party with all parents and guests present,, from pitch black night sky to a well lit dining room with her 501's inside out and hay in her hair,,, I was cured permanently.

I personally choose not to use alcohol for the destruction it causes and the brain cells it wastes. Mj users ask me all the time about my personal life choices..they are not tied to religion. .. I had a great set of parents and peers who all chose the life perhaps many people who use drugs wish for but get short circuited along the way

As to other posters,, I would think you would want measure A,,,, no longer having to fear nefarious characters of Ill repute trying to steal your drugs and perhaps victimize you in the dead of night... in case you are unaffected and didnt know paranoia around harvest time is huge....

As to Marijuana or any burning substances being introduced into the human body.. they all damage the body.,, Marijuana has some 400 or more chemicals in it.. even the purest of plants organically grown contains compounds that absolutely can cause cancer ... look at any scientific site you want heck even Wikipedia if you like., then report back... tell us how tar cures cancer please...one compound of some potential promise doesn't overshadow all the bad aspects of smoke ,, vaping...eating, distillation all have their issues to. As to the person with a real legit condition .... sorry for you... hope your journey with Mj helps you.... you sound like one of the people I wholly support having access to mj... I also believe you would like to be a good citizen and not impose upon the rights of many to not be exposed to the noxious substance

As to people who use including vets,, police , fire, I call bunk... most police today are regularly and randomly drug tested except on perhaps Mayberry pd.,,, and for good reason.. have to have all your senses to make good decisions that can stand review
A very small percentage of police come back with dirty tests.... automatic firing and posecution or diversion ...and I mean immediate.. administration makes an example .... again I wholly favor and support being drug tested... and we get tested for everything including alcohol steroids and lots of other drugs...some departments even show nicotine. Some departments pay incentive health pay... cheaper for all in the long run

Measure A allows druggies to have their marijuana. .makes for safer and cleaner communities and allows for a community to have a chance at developing positive things for all people instead of exposure in your face drug behavior

The fire is just about contained, ,,, wonder what the vehicle that started it was doing by the pot gardens. . Oh well they are all gone for this year anyway
There's blue sky on blue sky road again abet the blackened landscape ... but there's no weed smell anymore
Vote yes on measure A
I need sleep. It's been a long three days...no drug necessary or desired

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-13-2014 at 08:51 PM..

Old 09-14-2014, 10:04 PM

18,712 posts, read 11,030,779 times
So, a little recap to sum up the Officer's position:

- Humans have been using intoxicants and mind-altering substances for ten's of thousands of years and have managed to proliferate, well, like weeds, if you'll pardon

- many famous figures in history have been drinkers and many marijuana smokers, as well

- contemporary people from all walks of life and all professions, including the very successful among us, right up to a couple PotUS (there I go again) have openly admitted to being drinkers and pot smokers

- studies verify that smoking marijuana is not associated with increases in criminal activity

- studies verify that marijuana does not have any real negative health consequences as compared in particular with drinking alcohol

- studies of both drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana agree that only about 10% of users fall into addiction / problem users categories

- numerous pot smoking posters here have contributed numerous articulate, rational posts on this subject, none reading as incoherent, drug addled blathering

Yet, the OP, denies the admissions and science, and presses his passionate conviction, in encyclopedic pleadings, that ANY use of marijuana, and alcohol, constitutes moral depravity and physical irresponsibility - and identifies drinkers/smokers as pathetic losers.

That's a wrap. Time for a small bowl, methinks. Nice night to gaze at the stars a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California