U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 09:51 AM

1,559 posts, read 997,892 times

Advertisements

[quote=notmeofficer;36479462]My dear Tule.. it is so sad that you fight so hard for drug use....

"Sorry.. I couldnt post instantly like you .. I know you like to follow me and my posts making them personal.. thats what is sad.. the energy you put into drug use.. as opposed to the energy I put into a society where people could see a life path free from the prison of addictions... putting my energy into reducing homelessness.. educating public safety responders... removing trash from the side of the road and the hundreds of other activities people like me engage in to make our community better...but Im one of the 50 percenters that has to work to pay for all of those of you on disability using social welfare... staying home smoking refer ...whining about not being able to sleep or anxiety or the hundreds of other ailments that would probably be better served by exercise and yoga and a diet not full of junk food.. I know.. the truth hurts but lets try to face some reality here...."

My feeling from this comment and other similar comments is in your eyes, someone on disability is automatically assumed to be either a "doper" or lazy parasite to society unless proven otherwise to you ?
Although the disability system is very likely abused, I wager there are many on disability that have a legitimate claim.....(BTW, I am not on disability, don't use MJ)
Unless I have it wrong, your salary is paid by tax payers is it not ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 11:12 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,128,203 times
[quote=tikkasf;36503635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
My feeling from this comment and other similar comments is in your eyes, someone on disability is automatically assumed to be either a "doper" or lazy parasite to society unless proven otherwise to you ?
I think this is what I objected to in his remarks. I use Medical MJ for relief of serious symptoms of my disease. I am not on disability nor have I ever been. I also am not on any sort of welfare of social program. I worked over 35+ years before becoming ill I live in a house worth about $1 million and own investment properties that pay me income, and I work part-time along side my husband. Hardly the picture of a "doper."

I am also Grandmother of 10, who have never seen grandma smoke MJ nor have they ever smelled it. And I would never suggest it for a child, except if a child had seizures which MMJ has been proven to help. I consider myself responsible and community minded.

I believe that Shasta County does have some real issues. And I have no doubt that there is a lot of illegal drugs and large pot grows. Dealing with such issues on a daily basis, such as the OP, could definitely distort a viewpoint. When you spend a great deal of time trying to clean up illegal activity, only to see it return twofold, I can see how frustrating it might be.

But I'm talking about the little guy, who is by all counts a good citizen who happens to enjoy or need a little MJ, medical or not. I see no difference in taking a little toke or having a drink of alcohol. But I totally support the medical side of MJ. Unless you have been devastated by an illness, you may not understand how it works. This is why I could not support Measure A. It really hurts the good citizens who want a small grow for their own personal use without having to spend $10,000+. Most people are already over-extended financially.

And regarding the OP's statement about having the FDA do research. Did you know that Uncle Sam has been sending a handful of patients marijuana monthly since 1976? Yep, the Federal Government bans pot as illegal and at the same time grows it and sends it to patients. They already know it helps, so does the pharmaceutical companies and tobacco companies who hold everyone by the balls. Yep, that's our Federal Government at work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...overnment.html

Old 09-15-2014, 04:57 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,727,824 times
Inreresting...

As expected its normal human nature not to ever want to be perceived as part of a "problem"... in this case Measure A addresses the oboxious and dangerous behavior dopers exhibit

By the way.. the word "doper" ..its not degrogatory.. its a simple accurate description of behavior
Webster/merrimam/collins/wiki.. pick the one you like.. its a noun.- paraphrased,,, "a person who adminsters or habitually uses drugs" marijuana is a drug... medical users from my experience use it daily... addicted dopers use it several times a day.. recreational users probably once a week to several times a month (as is self reported from DUI court)

Measure A addresses the behavior that we read about weekly if not daily in the Record Searchlight or see on KRCR news.. too bad some of you legitimate users.. as you all like to self profess... "not me not me.. Im a responsible doper"... get caught up because the criminal element is attracted to the drug you find necessary for dealing with life

Tule..
I know you said you're on your boat toking up... better watch out my friend BUI law is very strict.. Captains in command of the boat while under way or moored are subject to this law (there is some wiggle room as to the definition of "moored")...and if you go out into federal waters..or controlled inland waterways you are subject to federal bui law 46 Code US 2302..or California 655 (c) Harbors and Nav code...your recommendation card has no bearing...that is if you have one... Fortunately you wont get to vote on Measure A... so your influence stops with your thoughts here

Beth
Since your productive... wealthy... and a good citizen.. I assume you'll get behind measure A... because as a good community member you surely understand that a segment of society that wants to do an obnoxious and damaging pursuit.. drug use.... should have reasonable controls upon it... right?..or do you feel your activity shouldn't be regulated in any manner whatsoever.. unlike other drugs I might add... and with 95 percent non compliance with current Shasta County law dopers only have themselves to blame... remember the Board of Supervisors meeting where the druggies were shouting at everyone... and targeting anyone who didnt agree with them.. and blowing dope smoke in the faces of people as they exited (careful not to let Leo see them) ....while normal citizens got up and said enough of this crap

Beth.. if you came to DUI court and saw the offenders.. 100 per month.. not inclduing those going to prison automatically or some other diversion.. fifty percent now say they use MJ while driving.. along with alcohol... you dont approve more of that do you... the man who just killed his friend two days ago.. MJ... under the influence.. crashed.. would measure A have changed it.. well we wont know unless we try it...

I also know you wouldnt want to support domestic terrorism or cartel money would you? ...Measure A will help there too... because LEO's will have more time to respond to illegal grows and the current littany of complaints about noxious/ obnoxious behavior will go down exponentially.... currently marijuana grow complaints come in daily.. an LEO or resource officer/deputy gets dispatched and has to document and deal with it.. all this will then shift to illegal grows as compliance shifts the other way...

And Beth... there is so much money flowing from MJ sales (I assume you get yours from a collective or coop... or grow for yourself...) that 10k is chump change to most growers,, and we already discussed the huge boon to our local economy with jobs.. or are only dope jobs acceptable? I watch as your poor downtrodden souls go into home depot and drop several grand at a time on fertilizer.. irrigation pipe.. water tanks on and on.. so the idea of poor old granny living on SSd needing her marijuana is bunk,,, take a look at Elk Trail East... or Igo/Ono and see the money going into grows (and not into houses or normal living stuff)
And yes the government has been growing hemp and pot for forever.... as are large pharma companies... if they get their way the little guy will be gone soon enough... the way Monsanto does it.. sue co-farmers.. make seed copyrighted and sterile..Measure A will slow that down too.. because it will cool the discontent on both sides...

BTW... do you think your drug should go through formal FDA trials?.. and what if its made but doesnt get you high..but addresses your health concern.... would you still want it as much? Do you have any idea what is in the substance you are putting in your body.. how much THC? how much other ingredients.. and what ingredients? Do you believe the generally 487 ingredients in pot smoke are all good for you... or would you just go for the CBD's and not THC if you could.. would you use marinol ..if not.. why not..? How about dronabinol and nabilone... ? or is thc what you like?

The idea of the good old mellow hippy boy is also long gone.. as you know some strains can wire you... one puff and they can get high.. too much money in drugs for violence not to follow right along.. and upstanding community member as you describe yourself are more the exception.. much of the element controlling marijuana is the criminal element.. whether its the cartels or joe blow doper taking it across state lines or selling it in So CAl... legalizing it wont slow the criminals down.. if anything the cartel will expand their operations delighted with larger markets...

And will it be ok if your grandkids start using it regularly because its growing everywhere?.. right next to playgrounds and school.. in violation of current ordinances.. but hey.. dopers arent into being good citizens usually.. so why comply

You dont want to be tainted with a product where migrants are kidnapped from their homeland.. families threatened with beheading and rape.. which occurs sometimes just as a motivator... brought up blindfolded in a van... nine hours later put into the Shatsa Trinity forest for three months with guns and seedlings ordered grow or else... like the grow out in Big Bend with thousands of plants...thousands of pounds of processed marijuana.. and guns and an evironmental disaster cleanup.. batteries in the streams... discarded trash.. herbicides and pesticides we cant even use in the US...... I mean dont you want to support efforts to reduce that while still getting you your drug of choice?... Measure A will do that.

As to the person who asked who pays my taxes...perhaps not you.. especially if you are part of the dope growing underground black market avoiding taxes.. again.. there will be non compliance here legal or illegal... and a whole new slew of government agents to chase the money

If you are local and IM me your address Ill see if I can cut a penny small enough to give you a refund.. Ill use my microscope... no unhappy customers... that is if you're not in custody.. because then my taxes are paying for you.. and I want MY money back...

VOTE YES ON MEASURE A... allow Shasta County to develop positive attributes for our community and not be polluted by pot

It was a nice day off.... but now its back to work.. someone has to pay for the fifty percent who are smoking dope and sucking off wlefare...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-15-2014 at 05:07 PM..

Old 09-15-2014, 07:15 PM

555 posts, read 731,237 times
I don't live around Redding, but the proposal seems, just on the surface, to have nothing particularly obnoxious or oppressive about it. I'm guessing from the text of it that there's been some misuse/abuse of California's medical marijuana laws going on and they're just trying to close some loopholes.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:38 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,128,203 times
I believe Measure A will just create arrest opportunities. And you may be subject to asset forfeiture. Who stands to profit? Follow the money.

The war on drugs costs over $51,000,000,000 annually in the United States. It is not working. Incarcerating and penalizing adults who have or grow small amounts of marijuana for personal use is a failure. Our jails and prisons should be full of murderers, child molesters, and thieves, not low level marijuana law violators. What a waste of our tax dollars.

Support for legalization is at an all-time high. (no pun intended ) Marijuana has been used for various ailments for over 5,000 years. Evidence supports medicinal properties. Medical marijuana should absolutely be legalized.

Measure A will not stop the drug cartels. Don't be fooled by this.

Vote NO on Measure A.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:39 PM

1,559 posts, read 997,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
I believe Measure A will just create arrest opportunities. And you may be subject to asset forfeiture. Who stands to profit? Follow the money.

The war on drugs costs over $51,000,000,000 annually in the United States. It is not working. Incarcerating and penalizing adults who have or grow small amounts of marijuana for personal use is a failure. Our jails and prisons should be full of murderers, child molesters, and thieves, not low level marijuana law violators. What a waste of our tax dollars.

Support for legalization is at an all-time high. (no pun intended ) Marijuana has been used for various ailments for over 5,000 years. Evidence supports medicinal properties. Medical marijuana should absolutely be legalized.

Vote NO on Measure A.
In the case of marijuana I would agree the war on drugs has been a failure and at a great cost in more ways than one...... parallels can be made with Prohibition. Personally, i don't use mj and don't like to spend time around anyone that would use it in my presence.....I dislike alcohol use beyond ONE occasional glass or wine or a beer with a meal. .....have seen alcoholics up and close.
Redding has moved down the list for me as possible area to live in retirement.....seems to be beset with problems found in other Central Valley cities. I would not want to move there and find myself becoming bitter and frustrated and end up profiling who is a doper and resent whom I think is not paying their share of taxes...even though through bad luck/accident or a genetic predisposition they may have become disabled.....having worked full time since Nixon was president, I have been fortunate not to have ever had a health situation that would have forced me on disability.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post

The war on drugs costs over $51,000,000,000 annually in the United States. It is not working. Incarcerating and penalizing adults who have or grow small amounts of marijuana for personal use is a failure. Our jails and prisons should be full of murderers, child molesters, and thieves, not low level marijuana law violators. What a waste of our tax dollars

So we should legalize it so you can sell it?... or because its expensive to try to keep society being dumbed down with another intoxicant?

Vote NO on Measure A.
Beth

Let's talk facts

Medical marijuana is already legal.. are you demanding national legalization without restriction?

Please educate us how you believe property would be seized that is in compliance with the law ? I'm mystified... enlighten me... for us to seize real property takes an act of god and most times when even done is given back to the owner... we don't mess with people who grow legally ... we never have..thats fact..any other supposition is doper talk around the pipe... and not reality. We also don't ever touch most illegal grows... there's not enough time nor do we look to arrest people out of hand ... we respond to complaints or arrive at dopers properties in response to other crimes or calls for service

Your arguements don't address the reasons for measure a at all... I gave you good points to expand on..counter... or disprove... you give us some tired old points that have nothing to do with the merits of measure A..

Marijuana offenders rarely get jailed... not unless they are cultivating large amounts or distributing...or conducting transportation for sales.... low level marijuana.offenders get a citation if they possess it illegally. That's reality

Measure a absolutely will allow Leo to focus on Cartel grows... please enlighten me what information you have otherwise ... I'm giving you direct knowlege that it will... if leos aren't taking calls about your stinky grows they will be freed up to handle real crime... In your world of pot do you think all the dope problems will disappear ?... heck no thieves will steal your drug .. rob you for the drug money you make..on and on...

Measure a makes for healthier and safer neighborhoods... and protects your ten grandkids from being polluted with pot

Today all the yes on measure a signs were taken down in the Oasis corridor by suspects unknown... but they are back up tonight ... the difference between pro and con is the pro a obey the law and try to find ways to get along with neighbors ... dopers just want their drugs without restriction or care for others

Vote yes on a... give Shasta County a chance for healthy living.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-16-2014 at 07:48 PM..

Old 09-18-2014, 05:58 PM

18,817 posts, read 28,007,936 times
Hey, NotMeOfficer,

I thought of you today. I went to the Turtle Bay East Open Area park today with my dog, where I've always felt safe, and have only seen a homeless person a few times, and they were always moving along and never scared me. But, today I was scared enough to cut our walk short.

For some reason, there were several scary men there today, each walking alone, and though they had dogs, they each gave me the creep factor - where the hair on the back of your neck stands up. I am not a scaredy cat by any means, and this feeling is rare for me, but for some reason there were not only one, but 4 men who gave me the creep factor today, and so I left the park.

On my way out, there was a pretty young woman sitting alone at one of the tables by the parking lot, but nobody else to be seen, and I knew there were at least 3 of these lone men with their dogs who would be making their way back to the parking lot. The first one I encountered was on his bike, and I think he intended to go back up to Hwy 44 on that bike lane.

I told her I was nervous about a few guys I'd seen and that I am not normally afraid at all, but she might want to consider leaving, and she didn't hesitate. She said she thought at that time of day, she'd be fine. I guess it was about 9am. I said, normally it is and I've never felt afraid before, but maybe the cloudy day brought them out, but the air just felt creepy.

I'm not your typical rape target, but it occurred to me they might try to rob me. The young lady I spoke to would have been more in danger, IMO. But, I was off in the woods alone, and they sure could have tried to rob me. I had my fanny pack on.

I was so MAD! That's MY park dang it!

It won't stop me from going, but I may pick up some mace. These guys not only kind of hovered where I was, and I loudly told my friend on the phone that there was a guy hovering - so he walked on, but they each had somewhat aggressive dogs, too.

Anyway, I won't say your paranoia rubbed off on me, lol! But, that was the first time I felt unsafe at MY park, and it made me think of you. Figured I'd fess up and say you are at least partially right about there being scary people in Redding.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Hey, NotMeOfficer,

I thought of you today. I went to the Turtle Bay East Open Area park today with my dog, where I've always felt safe, and have only seen a homeless person a few times, and they were always moving along and never scared me. But, today I was scared enough to cut our walk short.

For some reason, there were several scary men there today, each walking alone, and though they had dogs, they each gave me the creep factor - where the hair on the back of your neck stands up. I am not a scaredy cat by any means, and this feeling is rare for me, but for some reason there were not only one, but 4 men who gave me the creep factor today, and so I left the park.

On my way out, there was a pretty young woman sitting alone at one of the tables by the parking lot, but nobody else to be seen, and I knew there were at least 3 of these lone men with their dogs who would be making their way back to the parking lot. The first one I encountered was on his bike, and I think he intended to go back up to Hwy 44 on that bike lane.

I told her I was nervous about a few guys I'd seen and that I am not normally afraid at all, but she might want to consider leaving, and she didn't hesitate. She said she thought at that time of day, she'd be fine. I guess it was about 9am. I said, normally it is and I've never felt afraid before, but maybe the cloudy day brought them out, but the air just felt creepy.

I'm not your typical rape target, but it occurred to me they might try to rob me. The young lady I spoke to would have been more in danger, IMO. But, I was off in the woods alone, and they sure could have tried to rob me. I had my fanny pack on.

I was so MAD! That's MY park dang it!

It won't stop me from going, but I may pick up some mace. These guys not only kind of hovered where I was, and I loudly told my friend on the phone that there was a guy hovering - so he walked on, but they each had somewhat aggressive dogs, too.

Anyway, I won't say your paranoia rubbed off on me, lol! But, that was the first time I felt unsafe at MY park, and it made me think of you. Figured I'd fess up and say you are at least partially right about there being scary people in Redding.

Exercise your right and the constitutional courtesy our Sheriff gives us and get a ccw...
A responsible prepared citizen is better than another officer in the mass any day.
I am sorry for your heightened sense of the need for survival. Because of ab109 and all the drugs in our community I always have the ability to protect myself... I've been targeted by drug dealers.. comes with the territory... but I like you used to feel safe here.. and it relatively was ....just five years ago... and then the flood of felons and drug purveyors entered our communities... changing them for the worse
My wife... a long distance marathoner used to run the river trail to the dam from turtle bay daily... no more.. she won't even run in our neighborhood anymore

This is a seed change in the quality of life here .. drugs have a huge factor in making life less safe

Old 09-18-2014, 11:57 PM

18,817 posts, read 28,007,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Exercise your right and the constitutional courtesy our Sheriff gives us and get a ccw...
A responsible prepared citizen is better than another officer in the mass any day.
I am sorry for your heightened sense of the need for survival. Because of ab109 and all the drugs in our community I always have the ability to protect myself... I've been targeted by drug dealers.. comes with the territory... but I like you used to feel safe here.. and it relatively was ....just five years ago... and then the flood of felons and drug purveyors entered our communities... changing them for the worse
My wife... a long distance marathoner used to run the river trail to the dam from turtle bay daily... no more.. she won't even run in our neighborhood anymore

This is a seed change in the quality of life here .. drugs have a huge factor in making life less safe
I don't have a weapon, but have always kept that option in the back of my mind. I've had access to shotguns in the past because of husbands, but may look into that again. For now, I'll probably just get mace.

Sorry about your wife not feeling save to run. I thought about a young woman who took her dog walking before me. I decided to go a different route for privacy, but afterwards thought I should have stuck close to her for both our safety.

I guess I'll have to look into gun safety again. I have had training but it was many years ago in WA state. Will have to look into it again locally, I guess. Too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California