U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:52 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,726,593 times

Advertisements

Again
Interesting that pro-doper people not from our community want to have directive about a local issue ///and attempt to silence any dissent for doper nation agenda

City Data is a forum for all people.. not just people who think like dopers. If you looked you would see that pro-marijuana people post numerous threads in every state. They flood the media with their stories. Those threads go on for pages about the marijuana fight and how they are winning. Factually pro-drug magazines suggest flooding social media with pro-marijuana messages.. pro-drug messages attempting to dumb down America that their behavior is acceptable..

It is not ok.. on many levels.. we by default get to deal with drugged out behavior and measure A is a great way to find some sanity in our community.

As far as science and statistics.. I cite numerous sources /science/statistics that are local to Measure A .. as well as evidence of how pro-doper nation has negatively affected life here.. out of town druggies want to do anything to smoke screen it.. because Shasta County is a huge exporter (one of the three top major producing counties in California) for the narcotic.. marijuana. People who use it dont want to be associated with all the negative behavior.. crime.. violence.. environmental damage.. destruction of quality of life.. exposure to children ...that their addiction supports... it gets squishy to actually have to feel any negative conotations attached to their behavior so they do everything up and to including crime to intimidate the normal population to avoid it.

So dopers minimize.. insult.. try to compartmentalize anyone who doesnt agree..
I think its healthy for for all the people on city data to see the arguments pro and con this meaasure and to judge for themselves without censorship.

Im surprised the druggies havent gotten behind Measure A which gives them some measure of legal (and physical) protections and a signoff from their communites their behavior is ok. Without it our Sheriff Tom Bosenko will continue higher levels of enforcement on ALL grows... the volumne of complaints will only go up if Measure A doesnt pass.

So much enegry for a drug that makes one escape.. When will I see this energy at the Good News Rescue Mission.. Womens Refuge.. or just picking up trash on the River Trail?.. how about never.. because druggies are selfish people
They dont want to feel any guilt for their behavior adding to crime, dividing communities, polluting the enviromment, harming the developing minds of children and on and on..

Measure A will help in all these aspects

Vote YES on Measure A
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 12:50 AM

9,197 posts, read 15,320,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Again
Interesting that pro-doper people not from our community want to have directive about a local issue ///and attempt to silence any dissent for doper nation agenda

City Data is a forum for all people.. not just people who think like dopers.
City Data California is a forum for discussion, not for brazen obvious soapbox political propaganda bleatings for a ballot initiative, whose cheerleaders behave much in the way those who are paid to do so would.

Discussion of the issue would have merit. Wrapping up long-winded Church Lady rants with:

Quote:
Measure A will help in all these aspects

Vote YES on Measure A
...looks very much like paid, bottled campaign rhetoric. Surely the rancid "Politics" forum would welcome this.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:26 AM

I doubt sir you have read measure a.. or if you like our other out of area posters have any knowledge of what is happening here locally. Perhaps you might want to read all the discussions on regulations or drumbeats for and against open unfettered drug use in our country before you make demands here.. it is in every open forum across our country... I suggest you post in San Jose forum where your own community is pushing back against lives consumed with drugs

There is no trusting anyone who uses drugs ...not one promise made by marijuana growers to self regulate has come true... I see one day this will all be mute as big money..bigger than what's here now and it is estimated to be in the billion dollar range in California will stay for long in the hands of the mom and pop grower. Nope... big money will look at it strictly in dollars and cents.. and will use filters.. have strict security.. and WANT to comply to maximize profit... the very people counter culture growers rail against will take over completely... they will do it with lobbyists.. bought politicians and slick campaigns... there are a number of doper entrepreneurs who are set to do just that

Redding regularly comes up in quality of life discussions in the forum and measure a is absolutely a quality of life issue for our community. If you live next door to grows...have had to deal with doper behavior.. crime .. shootings...murder..arson..pollution.. degredation of property value because of marijuana growing these issues would affect your life here in Shasta county... if you however buy your drugs "with clean hands" not knowing the harm it causes then you might scream and shout when someone disagrees with your perception

If people want to move to Shasta county they should be aware this activity is going on... it is not a place to raise a young family anymore... or for retirees that want to live without conflict... if you live rurally it is likely that a neighbor will be growing illegally.. remember the 95 percent noncompliance number?

As a result of the fire in Jones Valley last week started by a vehicle in a heavy grow area Leo served a number of search warrants on Backbone Ridge and surrounding areas. A number of cases of out of compliance grows... water diversion.. illegal processing..felons or narcotics addicts in posession of firearms.. processed marijuana in amounts vastly exceeding any possible recommendation and evidence of sales were made... score one for the good guys.. a drop in the bucket of the firehose of doper nation behavior

Measure A will help diminish this behavior for a healthier and safer community...dopers can have their drugs ..citizens can have more possibility of peaceful coexistence.

Measure A... use responsibly... be a part of the solution!

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-21-2014 at 09:39 AM..

Old 09-21-2014, 01:25 PM

6,958 posts, read 20,744,623 times
I think the Volstead Act, made Americans much safer. It also made a lot of folks very, very wealthy.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:01 PM

18,731 posts, read 11,048,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I think the Volstead Act, made Americans much safer. It also made a lot of folks very, very wealthy.
You might enjoy Spokane, Washington's take on the Volstead :
Volstead Act

Old 09-21-2014, 11:22 PM

1,544 posts, read 994,658 times
The measure that maybe you need on the ballot up there is one that will likely create more jobs, by attracting companies offering good paying jobs.....instead of that new Tesla battery factory being built in NV, I think you could sure could of used it up in the Redding area.
The problem with mj and other drugs like meh are wide spread....as long as the demand is there and plenty of money can be made supplying the demand, you can always count of individuals getting in on the action. Prohibition provided the opportunity for petty criminals and street thugs to build criminal empires.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:02 AM

9,197 posts, read 15,320,955 times
Quote:
I doubt sir you have read measure a.. or if you like our other out of area posters have any knowledge of what is happening here locally. Perhaps you might want to read all the discussions on regulations or drumbeats for and against open unfettered drug use in our country before you make demands here.. it is in every open forum across our country... I suggest you post in San Jose forum where your own community is pushing back against lives consumed with drugs

There is no trusting anyone who uses drugs ...not one promise made by marijuana growers to self regulate has come true... I see one day this will all be mute as big money..bigger than what's here now and it is estimated to be in the billion dollar range in California will stay for long in the hands of the mom and pop grower. Nope... big money will look at it strictly in dollars and cents.. and will use filters.. have strict security.. and WANT to comply to maximize profit... the very people counter culture growers rail against will take over completely... they will do it with lobbyists.. bought politicians and slick campaigns... there are a number of doper entrepreneurs who are set to do just that

Redding regularly comes up in quality of life discussions in the forum and measure a is absolutely a quality of life issue for our community. If you live next door to grows...have had to deal with doper behavior.. crime .. shootings...murder..arson..pollution.. degredation of property value because of marijuana growing these issues would affect your life here in Shasta county... if you however buy your drugs "with clean hands" not knowing the harm it causes then you might scream and shout when someone disagrees with your perception

If people want to move to Shasta county they should be aware this activity is going on... it is not a place to raise a young family anymore... or for retirees that want to live without conflict... if you live rurally it is likely that a neighbor will be growing illegally.. remember the 95 percent noncompliance number?

As a result of the fire in Jones Valley last week started by a vehicle in a heavy grow area Leo served a number of search warrants on Backbone Ridge and surrounding areas. A number of cases of out of compliance grows... water diversion.. illegal processing..felons or narcotics addicts in posession of firearms.. processed marijuana in amounts vastly exceeding any possible recommendation and evidence of sales were made... score one for the good guys.. a drop in the bucket of the firehose of doper nation behavior

Measure A will help diminish this behavior for a healthier and safer community...dopers can have their drugs ..citizens can have more possibility of peaceful coexistence.

Measure A... use responsibly... be a part of the solution!
Paid off.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:15 AM

18,731 posts, read 11,048,624 times
Good to see you've come back so we can continue to parse out and debunk your obsession.
Quote:
Again
Do you find it strange when politicians from one state or national office travel to other states to comment / support / counter campaigns other than their own? The issue you champion here is part of a larger state, and national, issue. Any win / loss contributes to the total life / death cycle.

Quote:
City Data is a forum for all people.. not just people who think like dopers. If you looked you would see that pro-marijuana people post numerous threads in every state. They flood the media with their stories. Those threads go on for pages about the marijuana fight and how they are winning. Factually pro-drug magazines suggest flooding social media with pro-marijuana messages.. pro-drug messages attempting to dumb down America that their behavior is acceptable..
Yes. This is a forum for ALL people. Including the anti-marijuana crowd who champion the failed, draconian, ignorant, unjust war-on-drugs policies responsible for ruining many lives and filling our prisons like no other nation on earth - all to no productive result. Well, except for the profits of the prison industry.

Quote:
As far as science and statistics.. I cite numerous sources /science/statistics that are local to Measure A .. as well as evidence of how pro-doper nation has negatively affected life here.. out of town druggies want to do anything to smoke screen it.. because Shasta County is a huge exporter (one of the three top major producing counties in California) for the narcotic.. marijuana. People who use it dont want to be associated with all the negative behavior.. crime.. violence.. environmental damage.. destruction of quality of life.. exposure to children ...that their addiction supports... it gets squishy to actually have to feel any negative conotations attached to their behavior so they do everything up and to including crime to intimidate the normal population to avoid it.
Actually, Officer, you repeatedly ignore the most basic science and logic and history you have been presented. The facts have been in for a very long time:
- Homo sapiens have used alcohol and drugs since long before recorded history.

- There are many scientifically documented benefits to use of alcohol and marijuana in moderation.

- Only about 10% of users fall to "problem" status.

- Perfectly healthy and successful people from all walks of life drink alcohol and smoke marijuana without becoming depraved, or sick, or falling to failure and crime.

- The law enforcement problems you cite are basically rooted in prohibition - and the regulation you suggest here as a benefit is an uncoordinated tool for LEO. Better control and management IS highly desirable for every reason of ecology, health, personal and public safety, revenue benefit, and more. But this should be accomplished as an integral package of legalization - which, when it comes, as it will, will take some time to evolve into an effective form.

Quote:
So dopers minimize.. insult.. try to compartmentalize anyone who doesnt agree..
I think its healthy for for all the people on city data to see the arguments pro and con this meaasure and to judge for themselves without censorship.
No one in this thread, or any of the others you try to dominate with your oppressive, judgmental position, does more minimizing and insulting than you do, Officer. You blatantly and surreptitiously minimize, insult, degrade, accuse, ridicule, and judge anyone and everyone who doesn't conform to your vision of total sobriety. Sanctimonious is the word that comes quickly to mind here with regard to your comments.

And certainly no one has censored you.

Quote:
Im surprised the druggies havent gotten behind Measure A which gives them some measure of legal (and physical) protections and a signoff from their communites their behavior is ok. Without it our Sheriff Tom Bosenko will continue higher levels of enforcement on ALL grows... the volumne of complaints will only go up if Measure A doesnt pass.
See above comment about how this is just a surreptitious, shotgun approach to control. A complete waste.

Quote:
So much enegry for a drug that makes one escape.. When will I see this energy at the Good News Rescue Mission.. Womens Refuge.. or just picking up trash on the River Trail?.. how about never.. because druggies are selfish people
They dont want to feel any guilt for their behavior adding to crime, dividing communities, polluting the enviromment, harming the developing minds of children and on and on..
Now here you go with your accusations and unfounded judgements again. How do you know what the various mj smoking posters who have responded here do in civic action? How do you know we are all "selfish people"? What phenomenal arrogance how do you know I don't wheel disabled veterans around the VA? How do you know how many garbage bags of trash I do or don't collect - each week - from the Bay and Delta waters? How do you know how much money I do or don't contribute to various needy individuals and causes? I am, despite my unusual minimalist lifestyle of simplicity, quite wealthy. Since I have no desire for flashy stuff, what do I do with my money? You think I spend it all on dope? Lmao.

You also have inferred numerous times about me operating my boat, or driving my truck, stoned. Have inferred I live on the dole. Have inferred I, and others, this and that negative behaviors - because that's the depraved world you are limited to in your work.

As I have said before, I'm a good twenty years older than you, out worked you by that many years, never get sick, never miss work, managed my money and investments to wealth, raised my little family, never caused an accident, never been arrested, don't ever get traffic tickets, contribute to my community, served my country, etc. All as a "doper".

Vote No on measure A. Vote Yes on legalization.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:14 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,125,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Good to see you've come back so we can continue to parse out and debunk your obsession.
Do you find it strange when politicians from one state or national office travel to other states to comment / support / counter campaigns other than their own? The issue you champion here is part of a larger state, and national, issue. Any win / loss contributes to the total life / death cycle.

Yes. This is a forum for ALL people. Including the anti-marijuana crowd who champion the failed, draconian, ignorant, unjust war-on-drugs policies responsible for ruining many lives and filling our prisons like no other nation on earth - all to no productive result. Well, except for the profits of the prison industry.

Actually, Officer, you repeatedly ignore the most basic science and logic and history you have been presented. The facts have been in for a very long time:
- Homo sapiens have used alcohol and drugs since long before recorded history.

- There are many scientifically documented benefits to use of alcohol and marijuana in moderation.

- Only about 10% of users fall to "problem" status.

- Perfectly healthy and successful people from all walks of life drink alcohol and smoke marijuana without becoming depraved, or sick, or falling to failure and crime.

- The law enforcement problems you cite are basically rooted in prohibition - and the regulation you suggest here as a benefit is an uncoordinated tool for LEO. Better control and management IS highly desirable for every reason of ecology, health, personal and public safety, revenue benefit, and more. But this should be accomplished as an integral package of legalization - which, when it comes, as it will, will take some time to evolve into an effective form.

No one in this thread, or any of the others you try to dominate with your oppressive, judgmental position, does more minimizing and insulting than you do, Officer. You blatantly and surreptitiously minimize, insult, degrade, accuse, ridicule, and judge anyone and everyone who doesn't conform to your vision of total sobriety. Sanctimonious is the word that comes quickly to mind here with regard to your comments.

And certainly no one has censored you.

See above comment about how this is just a surreptitious, shotgun approach to control. A complete waste.

Now here you go with your accusations and unfounded judgements again. How do you know what the various mj smoking posters who have responded here do in civic action? How do you know we are all "selfish people"? What phenomenal arrogance how do you know I don't wheel disabled veterans around the VA? How do you know how many garbage bags of trash I do or don't collect - each week - from the Bay and Delta waters? How do you know how much money I do or don't contribute to various needy individuals and causes? I am, despite my unusual minimalist lifestyle of simplicity, quite wealthy. Since I have no desire for flashy stuff, what do I do with my money? You think I spend it all on dope? Lmao.

You also have inferred numerous times about me operating my boat, or driving my truck, stoned. Have inferred I live on the dole. Have inferred I, and others, this and that negative behaviors - because that's the depraved world you are limited to in your work.

As I have said before, I'm a good twenty years older than you, out worked you by that many years, never get sick, never miss work, managed my money and investments to wealth, raised my little family, never caused an accident, never been arrested, don't ever get traffic tickets, contribute to my community, served my country, etc. All as a "doper".

Vote No on measure A. Vote Yes on legalization.
The system won't let me rep you Tule... but I would 100 times if I could. Bravo!

Old 09-22-2014, 05:01 PM

Tom Bosenko- Sheriff of Shasta County spoke today on KQMS about Measure A. Its harvest time folks and the crime associated with the grows will go up again. One interesting side note that was brought forth by the Sheriff was a huge benefit for the dope growers.. now they will be able to grow 24/7 365 days a year without limitation

True.... the max they can grow is 12 plants instead of the hundreds to thousands some growers have been growing...no wonder the dopers are up in arms... I mean 12 plants means anywhere from a couple of ounces per plant to as high as 5 pounds if you know what you're doing.. dopers are fighting hard here because indoor growing by its very nature is more intensive.. they want their dope but they dont want to work hard to get it..
lets say just for discussion sake 1 pound per plant ( Ill go on the low side for the horrible gardeners).. 28 gms per ounce ..16 oz/pound .. lets use some doper math.. about 3 joints per gram.. not rolling stoggies but not pencils either.. ok stay with me... heres where drug synapses slow you down.. please check my math.. thats like 16,128 joints.. BOY THATS ALOT OF MEDICINE for one person

Anyone who reads this KNOWS the whole medical marijuana thing is a sham.. one person would have to smoke constantly to go through that much marijuana per harvest... and now they can grow year round ..hooray for them

And now dopers will have to account for their water.. instead of siphoning it out of streams and the lake.. or completely diverting water sources.. and oh yes.. the pesky little fact of water discharge and pollutants... hey.. no worries.. the pesticides herbicides they currently use wont be an issue right?... wrong

Instead of listening to doper blather I thought I would educate you as to the actual ordinance... its readily apparent that this really strikes a chord with the dopers and they are besides themselves with the possiblilty of having to be responsible citizens.. new behavior is hard.. I know...

The Ordinance amends these current medical marijuana cultivation
restrictions for the unincorporated County. Primarily, the Ordinance will:
(1) Prohibit outdoor cultivation of marijuana;
(2) Limit marijuana cultivation per premises to a total of 12 plants
inside a structure that is detached from and accessory to a
residence of a qualified medical marijuana patient or primary
caregiver;
(3) Establish criteria for the cultivation structure, including setbacks
and electricity use, light systems, odor filtration systems, and
security systems;
(4) Require a legal water source on the premises and prohibit the
unlawful surface drawing of water and unlawful discharges of
water related to marijuana cultivation;
(5) Require that if the person cultivating marijuana is not the owner of
the property, notarized statements from all legal owners
consenting to the cultivation be obtained;
(6) Amend residential accessory building requirements;
7) Continue to prohibit marijuana cultivation within 1,000 feet of a
school and other sensitive uses;
(8) Continue to prohibit marijuana cultivation inside a residence; and
(9) Make any violation of the marijuana cultivation restrictions a misdemeanor

I think Ill continue to be a postive force in my community through action and not talk..

People like me in our community.. and thankfully there are still many worthwhile forward thinking postive people still in this community... are not intimidated by druggies... even though we get targeted regularly... please.. keep revealing yourselves for everyone to see....

Here this is what Shasta County has to deal with every day... dopers have no one but themselves to blame

Recent picture of grow in Big Bend.. notice how the trees were removed.. and black poly pipe taking water from spring... I think the whole take was 16000 plants...

And another.. east Redding residential grow.. for personal use dont you know... yea right

And who can forget one of Reddings favored sons.."The Prince of Pot" .. dopers love him and have him on a throne for his in your face behavior... I think hes fighting prison right now for weapons violations and dope growing.. taught his 15 year old son.. wonderful role model.. many doper parents have their kids trim for them.. great.. that is those who arent stoned from eating all the THC laced products laying around

And your tyical doper here.. grandmother.. happy sailor... not.. more the norm than the exception

Measure A will help address this .. VOTE YES.. hell yes

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-22-2014 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California