U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 06:14 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,725,160 times

Advertisements

The big narcotics money is here in Shasta County trying to overturn zoning restrictions for drug growing operations
Measure A... would challenge the restrictions proposed by the county
Those include
Limiting the amount of marijuana grown to a persons actual medical recommendation... no more I'm growing for my friends...
Security devices
Filters for the skunk smell
No more outdoor grows
Limitation on the size of a building used for growing

All the things that people against marijuana production said would happen with unfettered growing have occurred

95 percent non compliance rate regardless of drug growers repeated and numerous statements about abiding with the law
Neighborhoods ruined or negatively changed by drug growers
Wholesale destruction of the environment
Huge criminal element behind the scenes
Little benefit from taxation because of the underground criminal economy

Please defeat the well funded drug money and vote for real freedom

This is something you can do individually to positively impact upon the community you live in
Say no to drug growers

Say yes to reasonable controls over a intoxicating and destructive substance

Next battle... welfare for weed... Washington and Colorado are already seeing welfare recipients using their ebt cards for buying drugs... disgusting and a loophole that will have to be closed

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-10-2014 at 06:22 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 AM

4,231 posts, read 6,941,845 times
IMO this measure won’t do much. The Redding area has to find a way to draw in high paying jobs, stem the brain drain and lose the welfare culture. It’s pretty pathetic that one of Shasta County’s biggest buildings is child support enforcement.

I think it’s safe to say that Stillwater Business park is a bust. Does anyone remember that Clarity Entertainment movie studio deal? The city attorney should have been fired that the debacle and Clarity should have never gotten a nickel back.

In the end that was nothing more than a public relations stunt for Clarity, but a well written out agreement would have weeded out such nonsense.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:13 PM

Remember vote yes on a....

Think about the destruction marijuana caused to our community this past year... the fires... including a death and numerous resident now homeless... the huge grows with criminals tending them... the violence... the duis... on and on

Vote yes on A....

Old 09-10-2014, 10:22 PM

18,712 posts, read 11,030,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Remember vote yes on a....

Think about the destruction marijuana caused to our community this past year... the fires... including a death and numerous resident now homeless... the huge grows with criminals tending them... the violence... the duis... on and on

Vote yes on A....
Uh, Officer. You remember the Rim Fire, last year? California's largest? Started by a hunter's campfire? Shall we vote to outlaw hunters and hikers too? Good idea. Great justification for your personal crusade. Fail.

Think about the violence caused by alcohol. The DUI's. When you've got that handled, ask us to vote on how destructive marijuana is.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:20 PM

Tule... you have told us publicly how you sit on your boat perhaps still smoke bud and live on your laurels... this is a local quality of life issue which you have no skin in the game ...you don't live here ...your comments on point are welcome ..off point are chaff
Your bud...if you still are using... comes from somewhere... Shasta county is a large supplier of illegal mj to California and other states...

Alcohol and cigarettes ... both legal substances are highly controlled... as well as any private production of same. Phillip morris.. Smith glaxo are salivating at a new crop of addicts... so... if private dope growers were smart they would get behind this measure instead of fighting it... violence from alcohol and cigarette production is unheard of because of controls ... these controls are not on mj... so thank you for making a great case for measure a

Once and if mj becomes big corporate money they will eliminate the mom and pop grows... I won't get behind any of it because dope is wholly destructive to our society... if we want it to be real medicine let's control it as such... but its not..
As far as DUI... the stats are awful... DUI involving people who use alcohol and mj has exploded... and this is self reported... true stats would be higher based on known studies of human behavior
There are many of us with dd-214s that are honorable.. who got injuries but don't live on them .. instead chose to work to improve our communities for decent hardworking Americans who are still checked in our communities and not floating around life

If you talk to normal citizens here they are in favor of a... but afraid to stand up because the druggies will target them... not unlike what happens in this public forum... take a drug users narcotics from them be prepared for violence or bizarre stalking behavior.

Votre yes on measure a...

Old 09-11-2014, 01:24 PM

8,451 posts, read 13,324,132 times
Seriously, OP. Get off the anti-marijuana jihad. The cause was lost years ago.

Why not go on a tirade against meth? It's a problem there, and I can't imagine anyone who would not support your efforts to eradicate it.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:31 PM

Seriously npsrow

If your home and those of your neighbors were burned out by dope growers... if your neighbor was burned alive...you would want controls on a potentially dangerous and absolutely obnoxious activity. .wouldn't you?. or do you find the skunk weed smell and train of low life's that follow it no big deal? Are you a local... have drugs impacted you?

I absolutely agree with you about meth... but while it's use insidious and destructive fortunately meth heads self destruct fairly quickly
Thank you

Old 09-11-2014, 09:38 PM

18,817 posts, read 27,962,206 times
There are already laws in place that limit how many plants a medical marijuana patient can have.

I'd have to read the actual script of this proposal, but I think there are already laws in place to address your concerns.

If someone is allowed 5 plants, who cares if they're inside or out?

Pot smokers are not known to be violent criminals. I don't personally smoke anymore, but I don't have any problem with people who do. They smoke pot, I like my wine.

I AM all for taxing it, though. I agree that if it's legal, and we tax alcohol and cigarettes, let's tax pot, too.

I really don't get how pot smokers could be blamed for major fires, any more than cigarette smokers can. And any large illegal grows have nothing to do with medical users who have a few plants in their back yard.

I'll read the actual verbiage before I vote, but my gut is that I won't vote for it, that there are already laws in place for any concern I might have.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Tule... you have told us publicly how you sit on your boat perhaps still smoke bud and live on your laurels... this is a local quality of life issue which you have no skin in the game ...you don't live here ...your comments on point are welcome ..off point are chaff
Your bud...if you still are using... comes from somewhere... Shasta county is a large supplier of illegal mj to California and other states...

Alcohol and cigarettes ... both legal substances are highly controlled... as well as any private production of same. Phillip morris.. Smith glaxo are salivating at a new crop of addicts... so... if private dope growers were smart they would get behind this measure instead of fighting it... violence from alcohol and cigarette production is unheard of because of controls ... these controls are not on mj... so thank you for making a great case for measure a

Once and if mj becomes big corporate money they will eliminate the mom and pop grows... I won't get behind any of it because dope is wholly destructive to our society... if we want it to be real medicine let's control it as such... but its not..
As far as DUI... the stats are awful... DUI involving people who use alcohol and mj has exploded... and this is self reported... true stats would be higher based on known studies of human behavior
There are many of us with dd-214s that are honorable.. who got injuries but don't live on them .. instead chose to work to improve our communities for decent hardworking Americans who are still checked in our communities and not floating around life

If you talk to normal citizens here they are in favor of a... but afraid to stand up because the druggies will target them... not unlike what happens in this public forum... take a drug users narcotics from them be prepared for violence or bizarre stalking behavior.

Votre yes on measure a...
"Living on my laurels"? "Honorable DD-214's but don't live on them"? What on earth are you talking about Officer? You've made a few similar nonsensical statements before and - correct me if I'm wrong here - I'm guessing you are suggesting that I live on the dole / disability / military pension or something? Sonny boy, as I recall some of your past comments about yourself, you would be in your mid-late 40's looking to retire soon. Is that right? If so, I am old enough to be your father and out worked you by about twenty years. I've never been on the dole. Not disabled. No military retirement. Whatever you're getting at. And yeah, I got a fully Honorable Discharge after seven years in uniform include a couple seriously hot tours. So what? What's your point? I shouldn't collect my Social Security after 50 years of putting into it?

Now, my comments are "chaff"? Lmao hoss. Local quality of life issue my arse. This is an open state forum on California issues. And you post endless bias on one issue. I post counterpoint. You just can't stand not being in control.

And speaking of control, I favor legalization of marijuana for just that reason. You oppose it. You're the problem.

Your arguments are based on your personal exposure to low life's. That's what you do for a living and it has poisoned you, as it does to most cops. You deal with slime that are high all the time and you illogically project correlation / causation.

You also consistently throw up false premises and false syllogisms. You have been solidly corrected repeatedly by several posters more knowledgable than yourself. And you're doing it again here. As if forest fires are an imminent threat from dope growers. Forest fires happen from all kinds of things: lightning, careless tobacco smokers, hikers. Dope grows don't even rank statistically. A couple threads ago it was the ecology / water issue. Now it's fire.

Like I wrote before: handle drunken violence, DUI's, and such first. Then talk about the legalization of marijuana. You're just off the OCD charts kid. And I'm not the only one making that observation.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Seriously npsrow

I absolutely agree with you about meth... but while it's use insidious and destructive fortunately meth heads self destruct fairly quickly
Thank you
Amusing. Meth heads self destruct fairly quickly? Yes. They do. While weed smokers can just live on and on and on. Tell you anything about the substance?

What about alcoholics? Compared to weed smokers?

Phbbbbt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California