Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:44 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Best solution: ban colleges.

Train on the job. Test sexual harassment laws where your living wage is at risk.

College is WAY overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 09:52 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

Train on the job. Test sexual harassment laws where your living wage is at risk.

College can be a great experience (compare a good 4 - year stint at a quality institution with a real college town against hanging around at home after graduating from high school), but that goes horribly sideways when one gets immersed into an organization that encourages subjugation of women. Frats just can't save themselves from gleefully engaging in this as a rule, not as an occasional exception. The quintessential training grounds for misogyny. That's where this law needs to be aimed.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:07 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
College can be a great experience (compare a good 4 - year stint at a quality institution with a real college town against hanging around at home after graduating from high school), but that goes horribly sideways when one gets immersed into an organization that encourages subjugation of women. Frats just can't save themselves from gleefully engaging in this as a rule, not as an occasional exception. The quintessential training grounds for misogyny. That's where this law needs to be aimed.
You never answered any of my questions.

During college did you have sexual relations with a single girl/guy? Did you ask someone explicitly for consent every time you have had sex with someone even if you had been dating for an extensive amount of time? During your college years was there never a time that you hooked up with someone while you or they had been drinking or under the influence of something? How would you feel if you had what was in your mind at the time obviously consentual sex with someone and the next day they decided that they didn't really want to have sex with you so they charged you with rape? How would your life be now? Would that be fair or just? This law is making it much easier for that to happen to college age guys like you once were. Don't you have any compassion?

Unless you were perfect or didn't have sex with anyone, then you would have raped someone under this law. I would venture a guess that you were a virgin or gay and you harbored resentment toward the heterosexual guys who were getting lucky and you seek to punish them. If you weren't perfect, then you are a hypocrite.

So you essentially have three options.

1) You were absolutely perfect, asked for affirmative consent every single time and during every single different sexual act. If you claim this, I think that you are a liar.

2) You were a virgin and jealous.

3) You are a hypocrite.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:34 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
And then there are those who are just plain obnoxious.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:34 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
I am affiliated with a large university in the US. The university is known to be a party school with lots of sex and alcohol. There are about 20000 students at the school. Everytime there is a crime on campus or near campus with students involved I get a text alert. In the last year I have been alerted 3 times due to sexual assaults. If the 1 in 5 college girls are sexually assaulted statistic is true then 500 sexual assaults should happen every year not 3. Either only 1 in 150 sexually assaulted girls report the crime, the statistic is total crap or the alert system is terrible (which I am fairly certain isn't the case).
5) And obsessive too!

Old 10-13-2014, 12:54 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
Women are coming to increasingly dominate the populations of colleges and universities. Some universities are over 60% female now.
For guys that are there, you'd think they would have it made. But if you practically need a signed contract to have sex, it certainly seems like these places are becoming less friendly to men, but I haven't been on a college campus in many years so that may be an overstatement based on my own ignorance of the present times.
Do most college girls really feel the need for this?

Old 10-13-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
4) You are a sexually frustrated kid who never lived in a college community. WTF is your problem?
1) I am not a kid, I'm in my 20s.
2) If you must know, I have had slept with quite a few girls that are in college just this year.
3) I currently live in a notorious college community right now.

Not that I needed to tell you any of that but oh well. The ad hominem attacks really don't help your case. I asked you a question twice that is completely relevant to this thread. Either you had sex in college with women in which case you could have been charged with rape under this law, you slept with men in college in which case you could be charged under this law but you realize that you wouldn't be (and like the law because it targets heterosexual men) or you were a virgin in college (and you like the law because it punishes guys like me who did have sex in college).

Old 10-13-2014, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Women are coming to increasingly dominate the populations of colleges and universities. Some universities are over 60% female now.
For guys that are there, you'd think they would have it made. But if you practically need a signed contract to have sex, it certainly seems like these places are becoming less friendly to men, but I haven't been on a college campus in many years so that may be an overstatement based on my own ignorance of the present times.
Do most college girls really feel the need for this?
Everything you said is completely correct.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
5) And obsessive too!
Everyone that is affiliated with the school gets one.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:56 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

A trade school is the best solution for young men these days. Colleges and universities today are way too feminized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California