Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2007, 04:19 PM

43 posts, read 209,037 times

Advertisements

I Was Wondering If Anyone Posting Owns A Manufactured Home In A 55+ Community, Or If There Is Someone Who Can Direct Me To A Nice One. I'm Thinking Of Owning And Leasing The Land-that This May Be More Affordable Down The Road. I Know Of Many Communities In Other States That Are Just Lovely And I'm Curious How These Type Communities In Modesto Compare. Thanks For Any Feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 05:51 AM

5 posts, read 28,917 times
Talking Think Twice.......becareful

Hi Snogirl,
I have lived in the modesto area for over twenty years and have myself recently looked into buying a moble home in a 55+ community. I was shocked to find out that most 55+communitys the spaces range from 350.00 to 950.00 amonth depending on the size of your moble home an in most cases did not include uttlies. another surprise was that the rents can go up three to seven percent ayear. example if you payed 850.00 for a double wide in twenty years your rent would be 1490.00 about at three percent. there can also be a home owners fees too. then if your buying your moble home on time payments you can add that to the space rent. another thing to know if your moble is not on perment fondation you have to pay DMV fees too.

you should also know the age of your moble home is very important any moble home built before 2000 was not built to last more then thirty years if that. and a moble home park can make you remove your moble home if its to old also note moble homes decrease in value as they get older and are very hard to resell.....

if you dont own the land under your moble home you have no security. we decied not to buy its cheaper to buy a real home.
hope this helps you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: