Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 03:30 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MARTINEZ -- The California Highway Patrol officer accused of stealing nude photos from a DUI suspect's phone told investigators that he and his fellow officers have been trading such images for years, in a practice that stretches from its Los Angeles office to his own Dublin station, according to court documents obtained by this newspaper Friday.

CHP Officer Sean Harrington, 35, of Martinez, also confessed to stealing explicit photos from the cellphone of a second Contra Costa County DUI suspect in August and forwarding those images to at least two CHP colleagues. The five-year CHP veteran called it a "game" among officers, according to an Oct. 14 search warrant affidavit.
Warrant: CHP officer says stealing nude photos from female arrestees 'game' for cops - ContraCostaTimes.com

Can't say I'm surprised, given the CHP is nothing more than losers who couldn't get an actual LEO job with local police or county sheriffs, two branches of law enforcement actually deserving of respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 05:42 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Really.... one weirdo does not an agency make ...by the time any policeman hits the street today they have gone through extensive backgrounds.. testing.,, observation by others .and evaluation ....can someone slip through ,, sure.... a very low percentage...but not zero... perhaps one day the computer will pick us... monitor us.... evaluate and screen and process us on an ongoing basis
Chp is excellent at what they do.. traffic.., thank god they handled that for me....
Also let's get a conviction before we shred the guy...if he's guilty...do him.,
And trust me he will get done,, coppers who get convicted of crimes lose a lot more than other people

As it should be

Old 10-26-2014, 06:52 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Really.... one weirdo does not an agency make ..
*biting my tongue until it bleeds*

Old 10-26-2014, 07:24 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,863,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Warrant: CHP officer says stealing nude photos from female arrestees 'game' for cops - ContraCostaTimes.com

Can't say I'm surprised, given the CHP is nothing more than losers who couldn't get an actual LEO job with local police or county sheriffs, two branches of law enforcement actually deserving of respect.
If they really believed what they're doing is legit, they wouldn't call it "stealing".

Who do that many people carry around explicit photos of themselves on their phone, or is that a dumb question? Think about how many people lose their phone in public places every day. I guess I'm just out of the loop, or something, but are that many people really this stupid?

Old 10-27-2014, 12:27 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I believe this is a real issue within the police department and it's made worse by their devotion to covering each others asses. It's hard for me to understand why people continue to do things they know they shouldn't. Especially when they have the power to ruin other peoples lives who are doing thing not nearly as bad.

It's also an issue that everyone is taking nude photos then crying foul when they get seen. No, we aren't guaranteed the right to do whatever we want without someone taking advantage of it. That "perfect world" that many seem to scream about isn't ever going to happen. If you can't start your argument in reality all you are doing it yelling nonsense and/or being theoretical.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:59 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
*biting my tongue until it bleeds*
Yeah, didn't that article reveal that cops ogling over nude pics is common practice ("game") throughout the state, as alluded to by the one CHP officer himself?

Old 10-27-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Yeah, didn't that article reveal that cops ogling over nude pics is common practice ("game") throughout the state, as alluded to by the one CHP officer himself?
That. And who posted the comment I quoted.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:19 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,311,234 times
Quote:
Really.... one weirdo does not an agency make ...by the time any policeman hits the street today they have gone through extensive backgrounds.. testing.,, observation by others .and evaluation ....can someone slip through ,, sure.... a very low percentage...but not zero... perhaps one day the computer will pick us... monitor us.... evaluate and screen and process us on an ongoing basis
Chp is excellent at what they do.. traffic.., thank god they handled that for me....
Also let's get a conviction before we shred the guy...if he's guilty...do him.,
And trust me he will get done,, coppers who get convicted of crimes lose a lot more than other people

As it should be
I'll apologize in advance. "There's not a single police officer who didn't fail the firefighter's exam first"

One of my best friends retired as chief of a large police department in the bay area recently. I'm certainly not an LE hater, but we fire guys had to give our public safety brethren some light hearted grief from time to time.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:28 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I'll apologize in advance. "There's not a single police officer who didn't fail the firefighter's exam first"

One of my best friends retired as chief of a large police department in the bay area recently. I'm certainly not an LE hater, but we fire guys had to give our public safety brethren some light hearted grief from time to time.
No offense taken fireman
When fire routinely and holistically embodies real backgrounds on their employees then I'll have more faith in the quality of candidates. Currently cal fire still employs felons in its ranks and it makes me angry their union isn't jumping up and down for (expensive) backgrounds for all employees... not just investigators ... I wish they would mandate at least EMT for all employees so that some rudimentary livescan with continuous reporting is done. Most city fire agencies do backgrounds on their candidates because of potential liability . I would also say most agencies fall short on ongoing backgrounds which is where I see the future. Currently we are required to go through regular drug testing...DMV reporting.. financial disclosures on an ongoing basis with further testing for cause. We go through monthly ethics training..something this idiot forgot.
Ten years ago many California agencies reduced their standards because of political pressure ... inability of the general public to pass the strict standards and legal challenges to the standard all have potentially allowed some into the ranks that historically never would be allowed ... we found many soldiers who served honorably couldn't pass basic backgrounds... it was challenged ...
Do any of us who went through more stringent processes approve ..no way..
Many applicants today have used drugs or committed minor crimes or have questionable driving histories... all historic immediate disquals... today maybe not and problematic... as we see ethics starts long before public service.

Again...if what is alleged was done and it sounds like the idiot has confessed he should be done... and those he implicated should be disciplined or done. I also invite the posters who use drugs or post their life importance with drug or alcohol use to please apply and see how it goes for you...
I have always taught my trainees...every action you take has your freedom and house payment attached..think wisely. Women..money.. and substance use is what gets public safety people in trouble...
One day a robot will respond... thank god I'll be gone

Last edited by notmeofficer; 10-28-2014 at 07:37 AM..

Old 10-28-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Again...if what is alleged was done and it sounds like the idiot has confessed he should be done... and those he implicated should be disciplined or done. I also invite the posters who use drugs or post their life importance with drug or alcohol use to please apply and see how it goes for you...
Oh what a chuckle I've been invited to try to become a cop.
*thinking*.
Nope. I'll pass.

As for the scumbag accusation against this (these) cop(s)?
Cheeze - um sounds like regular people only wearing uniforms. Weakness wherever we turn in life. How surprising. Not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California