Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 08:16 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
you know what's funny? you're the best example of biggest post hoc ergo propter hoc.

'California is the most amazing state and so therefore it's an awesome idea for california to secede'

too bad financial savviness isn't judged by self important responses
Except bob - wait, I have to stop laughing - I never said, or implied, any such a thing. In fact, I think the concept is hilariously ludicrous.

Speaking of how you just pull stuff out of your - um, hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 08:18 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieModan View Post
It truly boggles my mind that there is not a large succession movement in California. California is the richest state in the US, the country's locomotive and pays more tax to the federal government that any other state. And what do we get for our taxes? We get idiots going into Syria, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people (including brave American soldiers), and bankrupting the country in the process. The southern rednecks are too stupid to realize that the reason the world hates the US and the reason terrorists want to blow up the US is because the republicans have a history of doing stupid things like the war in Iraq. If we didn't do things terrorists would not be after us. Why should the hard earned money of the blue states goes to sustain the redneck parasites from the south/southeast?

Imagine how much better we could make the schools, infrastructure, environment, economy and other things in California if we invested all of the tax money the Federal government steals from us to blow up Iraq and sustain the red states, instead invested that money in making California a better place.

California should not sit back and watch the rest of the country drag us down with them. We Californians should rise up, demand our independence, and create a much better California.

PRO CALIFORNIA FIANT EXIMIA

NON DVCOR DVCO

EUREKA
I just wish you would do it and quit talking about it. I don't think the rest of us would miss you as nearly much as you think.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:19 PM

595 posts, read 560,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
bob, give it up on the "per capita" thing unless you know when it's applicable and meaningful.
California is the biggest contributor to the nation's treasury. Period.
California receives considerably less federal spending than it contributes. Period.
California has the world's eighth most powerful economy. Period.
The size of population in these factors and functions is totally irrelevant to contribution / consumption.
So what is exactly your point here under a thread called 'Should California Secede from US?'

Quote:

What is your issue with false portrayal of the state?
Are you unhappy here? If so, why not leave?
If you want to change something, use accurate foundational positions.

If you want, for example, to discourage people from continuing to overpopulate the state - which is its SOLE root problem - then show how overpopulation is making California a poor choice as a place to live. In which case you will also need to focus on the coastal urban areas.
you seem to get very defensive

LOL yes i'm trying to falsely portray California using wikipedia stats.. seriously way too much time to read into things

Keep in mind that my first response was to this post by the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieModan View Post
California has a nearly 2 trillion dollars GDP, it's actually the 8th economy in the world and the state that pays the most and receives the least from tax funds.

Last edited by bigboibob; 12-23-2014 at 08:43 PM..

Old 12-23-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
So what is exactly your point here under a thread called 'Should California Secede from US?'

you seem to get very defensive

LOL yes i'm trying to falsely portray California using wikipedia stats.. seriously way too much time to read into things
Bob. As I have written to you numerous times before, I am a truth and logic cop. I issue tickets for logical fallacies and other stupid misrepresentations. When you post absurd statements and make illogical conclusions, I issue you a ticket. Nowhere in any of the process of writing these infractions do I declare any other personal mission than correcting for truth of erroneous statements. Of which, you make a LOT. More, I dare say, than just nearly any other single poster in the past month.

I do enjoy my work. And no, lol, not in the slightest defensive

And finally bob, if you are trying to portray California using Wikipedia stats, you have understand what stats mean in relation to the topics you attempt to apply them to. You don't. Ever. In the slightest. I am not the only one laughing at you daily here.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:52 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,563,422 times
I'd much rather just let the South go.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind that my first response was to this post by the OP.
Bob, it doesn't matter a fig what you were responding to first. What matters is what you write when you post. You draw mind-boggling conclusions out of your - hat. Truly astounding stuff. Over and over. Your racial conclusions are particularly notable, btw.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Bob. As I have written to you numerous times before, I am a truth and logic cop. I issue tickets for logical fallacies and other stupid misrepresentations. When you post absurd statements and make illogical conclusions, I issue you a ticket. Nowhere in any of the process of writing these infractions do I declare any other personal mission than correcting for truth of erroneous statements. Of which, you make a LOT. More, I dare say, than just nearly any other single poster in the past month.

I do enjoy my work. And no, lol, not in the slightest defensive

And finally bob, if you are trying to portray California using Wikipedia stats, you have understand what stats mean in relation to the topics you attempt to apply them to. You don't. Ever. In the slightest. I am not the only one laughing at you daily here.
like a fake mod?

Old 12-23-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
like a fake mod?
No, like a logician.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
I'd much rather just let the South go.
true that they are and have been net negative resources

Old 12-23-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
true that they are and have been net negative resources
Well, there you go bob. True. I knew you could do it!
No ticket!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California