U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 03:04 PM

18,700 posts, read 26,586,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Every place needs a SWAT Team. Especially places with lots of big, flying insects. Like in Florida.
Ha ha. Bugs so big you need automatic weapons!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 03:05 PM

17,585 posts, read 10,038,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Ha ha, I know. I'm a dork. But, hey, you gotta love that web page, eh?

LOL.

Okay, here's a new one. I opened my window for some fresh air and I can hear seals barking.

And it's warm enough to have my window open.

love love love
Well, congratulations anyway. I just drove through the other day in the rainstorm. Didn't hear any seals barking but maybe that's because my own dog was doing that duty out the window, lapping at the rainfall?

Old 12-05-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Ha ha. Bugs so big you need automatic weapons!
That's the way we did it in Minnesota when I was young. What do you think prepared me for being a door gunner in the war?

Old 12-05-2014, 03:48 PM

5,239 posts, read 7,175,045 times
I been using Blekko rather than Google. Using Bing and putting in the item as you did, the first entry is for the Crescent City, CA PD. Then to the right there is a small map and in large letters Crescent City Police Department with address and phone below the map. So this doesn't appear to be the fault of the search engine. At least it worked fine for me. Blame it on Bing, that does have a ring to it though.

I think the photo on the Florida page is just stupid. What kind of Chief would put a large photo like that as the signature for his department. He must not be too bright. Why they have a SWAT team? Poor area, quite a bit of crime for it's size, drug crimes and such. And seizures by stuff they want. Here's an article about some arrests made recently in that county.

8 arrested, 6 wanted for sale of narcotics, Putnam Co. deputies say | News - Home

Old 12-05-2014, 04:43 PM

18,700 posts, read 26,586,092 times
Quote:
That's the way we did it in Minnesota when I was young. What do you think prepared me for being a door gunner in the war?
I thought you all shot potatoes out of home made launchers out there...still good practice though, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
I been using Blekko rather than Google. Using Bing and putting in the item as you did, the first entry is for the Crescent City, CA PD. Then to the right there is a small map and in large letters Crescent City Police Department with address and phone below the map. So this doesn't appear to be the fault of the search engine. At least it worked fine for me. Blame it on Bing, that does have a ring to it though.

I think the photo on the Florida page is just stupid. What kind of Chief would put a large photo like that as the signature for his department. He must not be too bright. Why they have a SWAT team? Poor area, quite a bit of crime for it's size, drug crimes and such. And seizures by stuff they want. Here's an article about some arrests made recently in that county.

8 arrested, 6 wanted for sale of narcotics, Putnam Co. deputies say | News - Home
I just checked and I'd switched the default search to Swagbucks (ha ha busted - yes, I am a Swagbuck junkie), which I think now uses Yahoo search? I get SB for using Bing for so many searches, then I switch to SB search for more SB - yes, the life of a retiree...

So, I apologize to Bing. I do like the ring of "Blame it on Bing" though.

As far as hard as* police departments - I like them. I'm never the person who is afraid of being swarmed by SWAT teams, and prefer those type of people to be afraid of living in my town. And I'm a Democrat. Go figure. Maybe it's because I'm half Irish and my lineage is rife with cops.

The French side is rife with nuns, but we won't go there.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I thought you all shot potatoes out of home made launchers out there...still good practice though, eh?
Spud cannons are the bomb, yes!

Old 12-05-2014, 06:05 PM

13,616 posts, read 11,741,146 times
Nice to see you're settling in. I hope this new city turns out to be a good one. I remember your enthusiasm for Redding and that went downhill after summer. 'Course, the heat bothers me too so I can see why you'd want to get out. I hope you won't find the gloomy gray skies too disappointing. Just in case, start taking Vitamin D3. It helps immensely. Good luck in your new home.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:01 PM

23,599 posts, read 33,339,210 times
Quote:
Spud cannons are the bomb, yes!
Worked better than the 4-deuce mortars we tried!

Old 12-05-2014, 07:04 PM

23,599 posts, read 33,339,210 times
Quote:
Okay, here's a new one. I opened my window for some fresh air and I can hear seals barking.

And it's warm enough to have my window open.

love love love
Does you dog bark back at them and how does it like the cooler weather?

Old 12-05-2014, 07:16 PM

5,178 posts, read 4,178,436 times
Quote:
Things to love about Crescent City: hwy 101, north and south exits
When my wife gets home tonight i will ask, but I vaguely recall her telling me that several
da's were fired for corruption over the past few years.

PS TellMutt, there is an eastern route out as well :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California