Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 04:23 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It's going to be a major nuisance just going grocery shopping now. Just imagine having a large cart full of items that you'll have to either 1.) load and unload in your trunk and house as individual loose items or 2.) have to purchase a bunch of reusable bags and not forget to bring them with you when going grocery shopping...
Well, that does it for most folks. Now they're going to flee in droves with that smart guy Phil Mikelson to Florida for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 05:11 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, that does it for most folks. Now they're going to flee in droves...
Really. Imagine having to keep some recyclable bags in the trunk of your car...the outrage!

Old 12-30-2014, 05:12 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
With 900 new laws coming in January, I'm sure I will be a criminal. I'm bound to do something they don't want me doing.
You already are a criminal. Odds are just about every citizen has broken some law at one time or another unwittingly.

Or you could be some inmate.

Old 12-30-2014, 05:30 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Really. Imagine having to keep some recyclable bags in the trunk of your car...the outrage!
Or to be 'forced' to pay an extra 10¢ for a plastic bag in case you don't wanna bring your own (oh the horror, oh the humanity…)!!!

Old 12-30-2014, 05:35 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You already are a criminal. Odds are just about every citizen has broken some law at one time or another unwittingly.

Or you could be some inmate.
How did you know!!?? The rec room here in Chowchilla is equipped with computers.

Seriously, I think you're right, though. With so many new laws every year, it would take months to learn all of them. 'Course, a lot of them apply to business and not the regular joe like you and me.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:45 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
How did you know!!?? The rec room here in Chowchilla is equipped with computers.

Seriously, I think you're right, though. With so many new laws every year, it would take months to learn all of them. 'Course, a lot of them apply to business and not the regular joe like you and me.
Sadly, no match for Corporate America's loopholes, especially in terms of paying their fair share of taxes!
Oh, but don't ruffle their tawny feathers in CA, or they might take their ball and go to flyover or China.

Old 12-30-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Sadly, no match for Corporate America's loopholes, especially in terms of paying their fair share of taxes!
Oh, but don't ruffle their tawny feathers in CA, or they might take their ball and go to flyover or China.
I have an idea. Let's file to incorporate ourselves and our personal assets and we can have the same loopholes. Couldn't we?

Old 12-30-2014, 11:25 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times
Quote:
I have an idea. Let's file to incorporate ourselves and our personal assets and we can have the same loopholes. Couldn't we?
I could peel off a few dozen write-offs right now, but I don't think I'm quite near that vaunted bracket to get away with it.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
I could peel off a few dozen write-offs right now, but I don't think I'm quite near that vaunted bracket to get away with it.
I know. I have a few myself but I don't think I'd want all that money anyway. The more money you have, the bigger the headaches. Then again, maybe that's why there's Tylenol.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:54 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, that does it for most folks. Now they're going to flee in droves with that smart guy Phil Mikelson to Florida for sure.
A plastic bag ban is a nuisance. No one is going to flee the state over something like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California