Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 07:08 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

OUTSTANDING! The nearest real city to us - 65 miles away - is ranked right by Sacramento, way close to the bottom. That should keep out Califoreigners who will do nothing but moan and groan, whine and cry because there are no Trader Joes, Whole Foods or In-N-Out Burgers anywhere near here.

Ya gotta pity people who leave where they are because they no longer like it, move to a new place then expect or want to change it to be just like the place they left behind. But we don't want 'em messin' with these here Ozarks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 07:32 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
CA has 5 of the top 10 worst cities to find a job, but only 1 in the top 10 best for finding a job. Please tell us again how CA is back and adding soooooo many jobs

2015′s Best & Worst Cities to Find a Job | WalletHub®

I got so confused seeing the data after reading your post because what you said is basically opposite of what the data says.

And then I realized, "Oh, this is just another slight-of-hand truthiness."

From the data you linked:

1. Four CA cities in the top 20 for best cities to find a job.

2. One CA city in the top five for "highest job opportunities"

3. Two CA cities in the top five for "highest employment growth."

4. Four CA cities in the top five for "highest median starting salary."

So WTF are you talking about??!!!

Oh wait, I see it - you are focusing on Fresno, Bakersfield, etc as if somehow they are indicative of the whole CA. Sure, make perfect sense.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
And folks buy way more econoboxes than luxury cars. Does that mean econoboxes must be better cars?

Old 01-08-2015, 10:11 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
And folks buy way more econoboxes than luxury cars. Does that mean econoboxes must be better cars?
They pull up those econoboxes to McD's drive thru...does that mean "billions served" make Big Macs the best burger?

Old 01-08-2015, 10:36 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,657,106 times
I just moved back to Southern California from the Phoenix area, and I see that Gilbert, Chandler, and Scottsdale, AZ rank 3, 6, and 9, respectively, on that list in terms of overall job market vitality.

Yeah, those cities have strong job markets -- if you consider the "4 R's" (real estate, recruiting, retail, and rental cars) lucrative industry with significant potential for career advancement and upward mobility.

Please, spare me.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:42 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,511,864 times
I hustled decent jobs in Fresno and Merced when their unemployment rates were in the teens. If you have initiative you can find work almost anywhere. Regardless, that list shows what we all know - the coast is better than inland areas (as usual) and the Bay Area is a pretty hot job market. The OP seems to want to just look at it from a glass half empty perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California