Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 09:28 AM

4 posts, read 12,660 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any idea how bad the commute from Manteca to Livermore would be?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 10:57 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,039,328 times
Traffic is very heavy on the stretch of hwy 205/I-580 from Tracy to Livermore. Lots of people commute from Tracy/Lathrop/Manteca etc. to the Bay Area for jobs. I'd never want that commute, but many people do it. I have co-workers who commute from Tracy to Fremont and one even as far away as Stockton. It's a horrible commute.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:51 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyilesfan View Post
Does anyone have any idea how bad the commute from Manteca to Livermore would be?

Thanks for your help!

What's the worst commute you can imagine? Its about like that unless you can take the commuter train. I work with a lot of people that ride that train - I think they're nuts but they do it. Some people even live out in Stockton and commute down to the SJ area. Manteca to Livermore is probably not usually less than an hour although some days are better than others, the freeway moves only 10-15mph (and often stops entirely) from about 6-930AM. Its painful.

Just FYI the 580 corridor is ranked as being the top two worst commutes in the Bay Area...once in the morning and again in the evening.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:26 PM

9 posts, read 12,892 times
The 580 commute from the Valley is very, very bad. I would catch a glimpse of it in Dublin (would get on the freeway for about 2 miles before heading north on 680).

I am talking mornings and afternoons (duh)...people who commute from the valley typically spend about 4 hours a day total sitting in traffic. I dont understand how they do it. I know that jobs are in the bay area, and it is much cheaper to live in the valley, but I could never justify spending 20 extra hours a week to save some money. Bart doesnt even go past Pleasanton...so even if you were to take Bart, youre sitting in traffic for well over an hour just to get to the station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California