Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 12:17 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,256,183 times

Advertisements

I'm half Hispanic (Mexican) and half White (Irish), and I like myself.☺
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 07:41 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,398,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
I see no reason for your history lesson. Latino_Esq's post was not at all Reconquista in tone, it was pretty much straight up we work hard and are grateful to be in this country, the USA. White ingenuity? You mean like racially restrictive covenants to property and separate but equal institutions?
No! Sorry 'bout the irony deficiency.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:45 AM

451 posts, read 560,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And before that, Spanish and before that, Indian. But thankfully, it was developed by white ingenuity with help from Mexican and Chinese labor or it might be like Tijuana, Juarez, etc. today. Reconquista, y'all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
I see no reason for your history lesson. Latino_Esq's post was not at all Reconquista in tone, it was pretty much straight up we work hard and are grateful to be in this country, the USA. White ingenuity? You mean like racially restrictive covenants to property and separate but equal institutions?
Yes, that's pretty much why I chose not to respond to his ignorant post. There really should be restrictions in this forum as to the age of members. I don't believe 12 year olds can handle analytical discussions.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:00 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,325,602 times
One does have to wonder what the USA would be like had it not been for the labor of Blacks, Latinos, Chinese and other whites (Irish). Not sure if I'd call that "ingenuity". Sort of sets the bar low but that's a different conversation.

Secondly, Curmudgeon is not at all young. He's the oldest thing we've got on these forums. He killed the last Woolly Mammoth.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:46 AM

21,672 posts, read 16,211,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Secondly, Curmudgeon is not at all young. He's the oldest thing we've got on these forums. He killed the last Woolly Mammoth.
Hey! I resemble that remark. IF he's older than me, it's by mere months!
Not sure who's taken down more mammoths and saber-tooths.

But Old Trader's got us both beat by a mile.

Old 02-03-2015, 10:51 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,446,081 times
That awkward moment when you realize many Latinos are white.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:13 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,398,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
One does have to wonder what the USA would be like had it not been for the labor of Blacks, Latinos, Chinese and other whites (Irish). Not sure if I'd call that "ingenuity". Sort of sets the bar low but that's a different conversation.

Hmm! Seems to me that I spoke to the very necessary labor components. The "Reconquista" remark was made tongue-in-cheek; thus the following "irony deficiency" observation. As for the rest, while not politically correct and despite the ad hominem remarks, I am firmly of the opinion that if the "we were here first," which they weren't, contingent had prevailed neither the country nor the economy, such as it is, would have achieved the relative strengths of today.

Saber tooth tigers were real sport!

Not just old but significantly Polish. A limiting combination to be sure.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:35 AM

21,672 posts, read 16,211,923 times
Quote:

Not just old but significantly Polish.
Oh my. A significantly fertile new field to plow in future postings

Old 02-03-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark. IF he's older than me, it's by mere months!
Not sure who's taken down more mammoths and saber-tooths.

But Old Trader's got us both beat by a mile.
Nah, he's got you beat. He was born at the height of the last ice age, you came along just as it ended; barely making the crossing of the Bearing land bridge before if went under water.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Hmm! Seems to me that I spoke to the very necessary labor components. The "Reconquista" remark was made tongue-in-cheek; thus the following "irony deficiency" observation. As for the rest, while not politically correct and despite the ad hominem remarks, I am firmly of the opinion that if the "we were here first," which they weren't, contingent had prevailed neither the country nor the economy, such as it is, would have achieved the relative strengths of today.

Saber tooth tigers were real sport!

Not just old but significantly Polish. A limiting combination to be sure.
Well, we agree on that and I make a lot of Mexicans mad when I say this but those pesky facts seem to indicate that they indeed were not here first but second to last, just before the USA. And Mexico only had California for 26 years or something like that. If the USA gives it back, then they give it back to Spain, Spain gives it back to the natives and we eliminate all the bickering and you and Tulemut can remain and teach the natives some of your old hunting skills
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California