Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 11:43 PM

2,236 posts, read 2,959,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Yeah, it's a baby boomer term, learned from the previous generation (Depression Babies), who were to blame for all of the troubles of our generation (Baby Boomers), who are to blame for all of the trouble of the current generation (Generation X)...
Isn't that called kicking the can down the road?

As I see it, the problem with Generation X is that their music really sucks and they get their news from reddit.

Check this out on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/search?q=baby+boomers

Sound familiar??? Sounds like they're Evangelising.

Last edited by eccotecc; 02-22-2015 at 12:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 02:28 AM

18,812 posts, read 32,244,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccotecc View Post

As I see it, the problem with Generation X is that their music really sucks and they get their news from reddit.

reddit.com: search results

LOL. When my mother was angry with me, she would say, "I hope you have a daughter just like you!" And I did.

You see, this will be the turning point for Generation X. When their kids grow up and blame everything on Generation X.

Every generation does this. It's human nature and an easy way out.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:43 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,524,718 times
Quote:

reddit.com: search results

Maybe they just know how to work the interwebs.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:10 AM

19,097 posts, read 16,465,254 times
Quote:
LOL. When my mother was angry with me, she would say, "I hope you have a daughter just like you!" And I did.
When my mother was angry with me, she'd call me by my first AND middle name. Using the middle name when being summoned meant you were in BIG trouble.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:18 AM

21,564 posts, read 16,062,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
When my mother was angry with me, she'd call me by my first AND middle name. Using the middle name when being summoned meant you were in BIG trouble.
Is your middle name "Snapper" - and your first name "Whipper", by any chance?

Old 02-22-2015, 03:28 AM

19,097 posts, read 16,465,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Who told???

Old 02-22-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:

You see, this will be the turning point for Generation X. When their kids grow up and blame everything on Generation X.

Every generation does this. It's human nature and an easy way out.
My Mother said the same thing but a son. I'm sure my Grandmother told my Mother the same.

I do have to say that my son is a Gen X and I'm very proud of him. He got a good education, worked hard while in college and graduated without debt, chose a career path that's in demand, and now earns 6 figures while living in Petaluma. He did this all on his own, so it can be done. There was no whining and he got to work, down to business, and is living the life he wants to live. I know many of his friends are also doing well at 26. I guess it depends on who a person wants to associate with and what they want to buy into or believe.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Mutt,

You never cease to humor us.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:14 AM

1,156 posts, read 978,173 times
Quote:
My Mother said the same thing but a son. I'm sure my Grandmother told my Mother the same.

I do have to say that my son is a Gen X and I'm very proud of him. He got a good education, worked hard while in college and graduated without debt, chose a career path that's in demand, and now earns 6 figures while living in Petaluma. He did this all on his own, so it can be done. There was no whining and he got to work, down to business, and is living the life he wants to live. I know many of his friends are also doing well at 26. I guess it depends on who a person wants to associate with and what they want to buy into or believe.
26 is not a gen x'r. Far from it. They are called millennials.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
26 is not a gen x'r. Far from it. They are called millennials.

My mistake, I stand corrected. Sorry about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California