Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 01:26 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Wonder if these folks out in Jesusland are aware of how many Jesus people reside in CA? Lots, actually.
No, CA is just movie stars, beach, fruits, nuts, and liberals. Everybody knows that.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:46 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
Which States are those? Last I checked only Michigan lost population between last census and the previous one. And not by much: only -54,000.

A slightly better measure would be to look at internal migrations within the US. California has a much higher birth rate than most states. Are native Californians leaving and not being replaced by residents from elsewhere? That's what to look for. Some indication that that's exactly what's happening.

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/b...c2010br-01.pdf
Good read by the way. Western states growing rapidly, with Texas and California seeing the largest numerical increases and with Nevada and Arizona seeing the highest percentage increases.
I'll be another Michigander in due time moving out of this state towards California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 11:02 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Sure beats my "throw me into a hole in Eastern Washington" plan I have for myself.
Would that be the famous Mel's Hole?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mel's Hole is, according to an urban legend, an allegedly "bottomless pit" near Ellensburg, Washington. Claims about it were first made on the radio show Coast to Coast AM by a guest calling himself "Mel Waters."

Supposedly Mel measured the hole to be more than 15 miles deep and the ability to restore dead animals. This was back when Art Bell was still doing Coast to Coast. It was a great show. I heard it live. What a hoot! If you want to listen to the whole show, it's on youtube:

Old 03-05-2015, 11:14 PM

No, just a literal hole I can lay in, they cover it with dirt/etc.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:13 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
Coast to Coast AM was great when Art Bell was doing it. Now the new guy supports the idea that "9/11 was an inside job" which is embarrassing because the new guy is Navy and Art Bell is Air Force.

The other lame thing about C2C is that their science advisor is Richard C Hogaland who thinks NASA is hiding evidence of an alien civilization on Mars and the Moon. I think their occasional guest from Reason magazine should be the science advisor.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:05 AM

5,151 posts, read 4,529,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Yes David, Colorado is a beautiful state too. Our Country has lots of pretty places. There's something for everyone. When my husband and I were in our twentys, we bought an RV and travelled all around the US for two years. We met wonderful people and saw nice scenery everywhere we went (OK, maybe not in Barstow). There's lots of other places I could live and be content, but I like where I am for now. If I were wealthy, I'd live in the Morro Bay area, but I can drive there in a day and still keep my mules here.
OMG, you don't like Barstow??

Old 03-06-2015, 01:43 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
No, CA is just movie stars, beach, fruits, nuts, and liberals. Everybody knows that.
And everybody's gay. They know that, too.

Oh yeah, we're all going down into a ring of fire as well. But that's probably more fun than Mel's Hole.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:48 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
OMG, you don't like Barstow??

lol! Not so much. Is it shangri la for you? I love the desert, but Barstow just doesn't do it for me.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:49 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,283,984 times
Quote:
Wonder if these folks out in Jesusland are aware of how many Jesus people reside in CA? Lots, actually.
Jesusland is alive and well in parts of CA. All you need to do is go visit Fresno or Bakersfield.

In fact, Jesusland is king all over the US, once you leave the urban city cores and college towns.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
And everybody's gay. They know that, too.

Oh yeah, we're all going down into a ring of fire as well. But that's probably more fun than Mel's Hole.
Yes, when the **** returns, he'll s***** California and all of its s****** first.

I guess we can't really fault the Cali (sic) haters (yes, that's what EVERYBODY calls it). Just like many of us think outstate America is full of uncultured bumpkins, they have no other choice but to believe CA is exactly as it's portrayed on TV and Fox News.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California