Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:50 AM

471 posts, read 600,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If they are paid in cash how do they get earned income credits?
Because you claim just enough income to qualify.

You and I both know you knew that answer You're just playing now.

You can claim whatever income you want when paid in cash. You can make it as high or as low as you want.

It's called optimizing, and it's something that undocumented workers are quite good at.

There are tax and financial "professionals" who work exclusively with the community and know exactly what to do to get every dime of credit and benefit and help them structure their finances to get every available benefit. These "professionals" do very good business, and charge a nice cash "fee" for their services and know the game inside and out.

Since I am fluent in the language and culture, I know what goes on. Don't get me wrong, the people are a lovely and sweet as you can imagine. Hard working and family oriented.

You'd be astonished to see just how expansive the abuse is, but as I said, it's not seen as abuse, or cheating, it's simply a game and one that "advocates" for the community know how to play pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 09:04 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post

You can claim whatever income you want when paid in cash. You can make it as high or as low as you want.

It's called optimizing, and it's something that undocumented workers are quite good at.

There are tax and financial "professionals" who work exclusively with the community and know exactly what to do to get every dime of credit and benefit and help them structure their finances to get every available benefit. These "professionals" do very good business, and charge a nice cash "fee" for their services and know the game inside and out.

Since I am fluent in the language and culture, I know what goes on. Don't get me wrong, the people are a lovely and sweet as you can imagine. Hard working and family oriented.

You'd be astonished to see just how expansive the abuse is, but as I said, it's not seen as abuse, or cheating, it's simply a game and one that "advocates" for the community know how to play pretty well.
Yep, not to mention when they start claiming unverified dependents in other countries to up the credit.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:47 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:

If it's that rampant where you are, why don't you report the employers who are paying these people 'under the table' ?

Old 04-09-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If it's that rampant where you are, why don't you report the employers who are paying these people 'under the table' ?
hehehe, you are foolin' now aren't you.

I have, others have, the stories each week could fill an entire edition of the LA times.

It's "rampant" in every city, town, and neighborhood in the state. You and I both know it, everyone knows it. It's just that the left loves it. Think Cloward-Piven.

Reporting, hehehe, that's been done, and little to no action is taken.

Come on now, flouting the law takes place publicly and is encouraged.

I mean, illegal immigration, you know sneaking across the border, not entering with proper travel documents etc? If that biggie is ok, why would our gov't sweat all the other stuff.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:05 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
I don't care who they give healthcare to. I hope they include immunizations also.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:22 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I don't care who they give healthcare to. I hope they include immunizations also.
Interesting point. If they do immunizations should be required or denied healthcare. All we need are their anchor babies opting out.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Yep, when someone else is burdening most of the cost, its easy to be generous isn't it

Old 04-09-2015, 12:15 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:

I have, others have, the stories each week could fill an entire edition of the LA times.

It's "rampant" in every city, town, and neighborhood in the state. You and I both know it, everyone knows it. It's just that the left loves it. Think Cloward-Piven.

I mean, illegal immigration, you know sneaking across the border, not entering with proper travel documents etc? If that biggie is ok, why would our gov't sweat all the other stuff.
no, I'm not kidding, I reported an HOA in Reno that was hiring undocumented landscape workers to INS and while I don't think any legal action was taken, they got scared enough to stop hiring them. I see that as trying to fix the problem rather than just whining about it.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:30 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:

Yep, the other side is the large mount of illegals using fraudulent ssn to work in the legit service industry (chain eateries, hotels, etc.)

Old 04-09-2015, 03:40 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Yep, the other side is the large mount of illegals using fraudulent ssn to work in the legit service industry (chain eateries, hotels, etc.)
Hotels want that. They know who's illegal (hint: it's the ones who don't speak English). They're the ones allowing an open job market to illegals. Same with agriculture, and manufacturing. If there were no jobs for illegals, they wouldn't come. Why are employers allowed to employ them?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-09-2015 at 04:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California