Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 11:34 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,331,793 times

Advertisements

Depends on where your income is "fixed" at. You could be bringing home $10k a month for all we know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 02:50 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,510,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Depends on where your income is "fixed" at. You could be bringing home $10k a month for all we know.
Did you bother to read the OP's post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Escapee View Post
How well can one live these days living on Social Security Disability & SSI in SoCal?

Old 04-20-2015, 01:36 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,331,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
Did you bother to read the OP's post?
Yes, and no where did he mention the amount of his "fixed" income. SSD and SSI can vary from person to person. Did you not realize that, or are you just a crap stirrer?

Old 04-21-2015, 08:08 PM

322 posts, read 779,095 times
Butte County (about 2 miles north of Sac) is pretty reasonable. I am a woman on benefits for everything because I didn't pay into social security enough to be comfortable, and although I have housing assistance, affording the veterinarian or car mechanic is always a challenge. I never travel or do anything fun other than an occasional movie. But it's not nearly as expensive as Southern California would be.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:33 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,697,627 times
Quote:
Yes, and no where did he mention the amount of his "fixed" income. SSD and SSI can vary from person to person. Did you not realize that, or are you just a crap stirrer?
C'mon, Seriously? The OP is talking about low income living on Social Security Disability & SSI. You don't need to be a genius to realize its not $10K/month, which you ask. That comment was either very daft or smart @ss, possibly both. He's simply stating the obvious. Do you really need to know the 'exact amount' to understand that its not a lot here?

Old 04-22-2015, 09:06 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
SSI is a supplemental income program to bring one's income up to a certain level. $892 If one is on SSI then one's income is $892 for 2015. If your income is higher than $892 you Do Not qualify for SSI. simple as that. The OP receives $892 per month-total.

SSI/SSP

Old 04-26-2015, 08:00 AM

42 posts, read 88,462 times
Thumbs up Replies Are Like A Box Of Chocolates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
C'mon, Seriously? The OP is talking about low income living on Social Security Disability & SSI. You don't need to be a genius to realize its not $10K/month, which you ask. That comment was either very daft or smart @ss, possibly both. He's simply stating the obvious. Do you really need to know the 'exact amount' to understand that its not a lot here?
My thoughts exactly.

Robert, the people who can answer the question already know what I'm talking about. MtnSurfer, Mr5150, BeauCharles, & Heartfocus already get it. And my profile says I'm a she...not a he.

Thisplacesucks, re "sarcastic" suggestions I saw some were more rural areas, but in my experience sometimes that's where the subsidized housing is that doesn't have 1 to 3+ year long waiting lists. Majoun may not know exactly what is or is not in those areas, & it doesn't hurt to search & get familiar with things. I've seen rural areas & smaller towns turn out to be diamonds in the rough.

BeauCharles, I am Ok with & really at home in the desert & currently live in one now. Not that I'd turn down a good opportunity in greener areas. The California climates I'd avoid are the ones with colder year round temps for health reasons. Heartfocus, your situation is like mine & your inside perspective really helps.

Thank you everyone who replied to sincerely try to help answer my question. It is greatly appreciated, & I very much value your input. : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California