Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:36 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I posted what MY experiences were in Texas and how I felt. I wasn't the hater - I was the HATED. If you've noticed - I haven't set foot in the Texas forums in about a year. So, why are you here in the California forums if not to stir up the crap??? Let's face it - you aren't bringing the love into these forums!
I lived for 2 years in San Diego, the most boring of my life and I have been sharing my experiences. Most of California is great (Bay area, Humboldt, Sierra Nevada, Inyo, Yosemite) but I happened to pick the worst place in the state. I am not hating, just trying to point out stuff certain California "cheerleaders" forget to mention!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 07:03 PM

489 posts, read 1,914,171 times
Question Clarification please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
...I'm in favor of gay rights as long as they're not obnoxious in public...
So what is your definition of obnoxious? Please tell me your not one of those people that think that because me and my partner hold hands in public on occasion or make the seldom quick peck on the lips that we're being obnoxious. If that is so, then you aren't truly in favor of gay rights. If you were then you would believe homosexual couples should be allowed the same rights as a heterosexual couple. I'm not blaming by any means (I don't even know you), I'm just saying since you didn't clarify what obnoxious is.

UB50 and Twinkle Toes.... You two make me laugh SO hard I love it!

I have to say the majority of people think that Californians are snobby or whatever you want to call it is because of how TV portrays it. I met numerous people in the years I lived in ND that hated Californians based solely on what they have seen on TV. If we only believed what was on TV then we would assume Seattle kids are all suicidal, Texas residents all have a twang to their voice and ride horses in their spare time, Minnesotans end all sentences with "you betcha", all southerns in-breed, all Floridians flash their....um....goods to any available camera. Get the idea? TV over dramatizes everything.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:33 AM

667 posts, read 2,300,217 times
Good post BREAOC.
You make a good point.

I must say, though, that I've never heard of Seattle kids being suicidal & that southerners are inbred. Hillbillies maybe & us folk from Louisiana are definately in favor of the term 'coon*****' but the inbreeding thing I've just never heard of.
And I thought all people from Texas DID ride horses in their spare time! JJ!!

Last edited by collected_eve; 01-28-2008 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: I did it wrong...

Old 01-28-2008, 04:08 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,169,865 times
Oh, this hating on people happens on so many forums, and it's not directed only at Californians. I was reading the Illinois forum a few weeks ago to find something out about Galena, a cool little town that a friend of mine is from, and the big thing there was about how people from Wisconsin were all dumb, unsophisticated idiots compared to people from northwestern Illinois. It was a really rancorous exchange, too. I mean, how big of a difference can there be? It would have been funny if it weren't so sad that people insist on seeing in black and white instead of shades of gray.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:59 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbug View Post
Oh, this hating on people happens on so many forums, and it's not directed only at Californians. I was reading the Illinois forum a few weeks ago to find something out about Galena, a cool little town that a friend of mine is from, and the big thing there was about how people from Wisconsin were all dumb, unsophisticated idiots compared to people from northwestern Illinois. It was a really rancorous exchange, too. I mean, how big of a difference can there be? It would have been funny if it weren't so sad that people insist on seeing in black and white instead of shades of gray.
The hating has gotten out of hand. I truly believe the wrong people are running for president. What we all need is someone who is a lover - not a fighter. Someone who tries to bring the people together - not divide everyone. Someone who is not hatin' but appreciatin'. The man who should be president is none other than ...........

Rodney "Can't we all just get along" King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 05:46 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:

Rodney "I just won't follow the cops' directions" King
Rodney "I just beat the sh*t out of my wife" King
Rodney "I'm on my sixth drunk driving conviction" King
Rodney "Gimmie the money you MF fool, or I'll whack you with this MF tire iron" King
Rodney "I need another hooker and I need him now" King

The Arrest Record of Rodney King

Old 01-28-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Rodney "I just won't follow the cops' directions" King
Rodney "I just beat the sh*t out of my wife" King
Rodney "I'm on my sixth drunk driving conviction" King
Rodney "Gimmie the money you MF fool, or I'll whack you with this MF tire iron" King
Rodney "I need another hooker and I need him now" King

The Arrest Record of Rodney King
Hey - he aint perfect but he's spreading the love!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:21 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
The hating has gotten out of hand. I truly believe the wrong people are running for president. What we all need is someone who is a lover - not a fighter. Someone who tries to bring the people together - not divide everyone. Someone who is not hatin' but appreciatin'. The man who should be president is none other than ...........

You are pretty funny, we should all get along It is ok to bash other places and call it "telling the truth" but when an ex California resident also tells the truth he is hating. Sounds pretty hypocritical don't you think? Oh wait that's right you live in CaliforniacQuotes from a good movie "I want the truth!" (California uniformed person) "You can't handle the truth!" ( realistic HAPPY ex California residents)

Old 01-28-2008, 10:40 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,025,188 times
Sweetclimber - this thread could go on and on. You are never going to win an argument with a zealot!

Old 01-28-2008, 11:33 PM

This is just turning into a pissing contest. I have lots of vinegar, but alas, not much **** left, as I just went the bathroom. But don't let me stop you guys - **** away!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California