Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 01:16 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,313,597 times

Advertisements

Ahhhh, I remember the days in 1968 when I was learning to fly at San Jose Municipal airport. Take off for touch and goes and can't see the traffic in the pattern at 800 feet for the smog. Break out of the smog layer at 2000' and see a long ways. That darn EPA and those progressive laws about air pollution. What will they think of next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 07:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

I'm all for being enforce tally conscious, but let's at least do things that actually make a difference and are financially reasonable.
It is Ok, CA just passed another regulation. Makers of car care products have to list every ingredient on the label and their web site. There go trade secrets and ................. nobody will read the labels. I know of two companies already that are planning on not selling in CA, so their secrets are maintained and ...they are some of the best products on the market. So CA gets 2nd or even 3rd best, but hey CA is trying to let people know what is in a product (Hazardous or not). It used to be an issue with China stealing trade secrets, now CA just gives it to them, and everyone else.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:28 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
It is Ok, CA just passed another regulation. Makers of car care products have to list every ingredient on the label and their web site. There go trade secrets and ................. nobody will read the labels. I know of two companies already that are planning on not selling in CA, so their secrets are maintained and ...they are some of the best products on the market. So CA gets 2nd or even 3rd best, but hey CA is trying to let people know what is in a product (Hazardous or not). It used to be an issue with China stealing trade secrets, now CA just gives it to them, and everyone else.
We wouldn't want to know what chemicals are in the things on our shelves at home, would we?

Old 05-10-2015, 09:19 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Just when you thought Calif. couldn't do anything else to destroy more jobs...California Gov. Jerry Brown issued an executive order Wednesday committing California to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 40 percent below 1990 levels by 2030.
The opposite has occurred. The solar power industry is the fastest job growth industry in the U.S.:

"Solar Industry Creating Jobs Nearly 20 Times Faster than Overall U.S. Economy"

"WASHINGTON -– The solar industry reports job growth 20 times higher than the rest of the U.S. economy, according to a new analysis. As of 2014, there were nearly 174,000 jobs in the solar industry, according to the report from the nonprofit Solar Foundation. That represents 86 percent employment growth since the organization began tracking job figures in 2010."

Old 05-10-2015, 05:07 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The opposite has occurred. The solar power industry is the fastest job growth industry in the U.S.:

"Solar Industry Creating Jobs Nearly 20 Times Faster than Overall U.S. Economy"

"WASHINGTON -– The solar industry reports job growth 20 times higher than the rest of the U.S. economy, according to a new analysis. As of 2014, there were nearly 174,000 jobs in the solar industry, according to the report from the nonprofit Solar Foundation. That represents 86 percent employment growth since the organization began tracking job figures in 2010."
When the government pumps billions into the industry it will grow. I wonder what growth we would see without all that money both on the research side and the purchasing side.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
We wouldn't want to know what chemicals are in the things on our shelves at home, would we?
Did you read "Non Hazardous"????

Plus most people don't read labels or have any idea what the chemcals are or ... they would not eat about 75% of the food sold and would avoid virtually every fast food place. Note; chemicals you use every day and are non hazardous are in some of these products, but their competition does not know this and .... it hurts no one not to know the specifics.

But hey give China, Mexico, Vietnam, Malaysia, Bangladesh, etc. the info for free and ......... hurt US companies.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:48 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Did you read "Non Hazardous"????

Plus most people don't read labels or have any idea what the chemcals are or ... they would not eat about 75% of the food sold and would avoid virtually every fast food place. Note; chemicals you use every day and are non hazardous are in some of these products, but their competition does not know this and .... it hurts no one not to know the specifics.

But hey give China, Mexico, Vietnam, Malaysia, Bangladesh, etc. the info for free and ......... hurt US companies.
There are no 'secret ingredients' in household products, they just claim that on the TV infomercials to sell overpriced junk to low information buyers

Old 05-11-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There are no 'secret ingredients' in household products, they just claim that on the TV infomercials to sell overpriced junk to low information buyers
This is Car Care Products and yes there are secrets in them. Non haz secrets.

Reading about the actual subject helps. I know as I am involved in the Industry through one of 3 business I own. I talk to other such business every day. Yes overpriced junk is what CA will get and the good stuff will not be there.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:29 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
Quote:
This is Car Care Products and yes there are secrets in them. Non haz secrets.

Reading about the actual subject helps. I know as I am involved in the Industry through one of 3 business I own. I talk to other such business every day. Yes overpriced junk is what CA will get and the good stuff will not be there.
So you are representing the capitalists. We get it. Public knowledge of what's in the products they buy is not trumped by the lust to maximize profits. Counting on, and indeed fostering consumer ignorance is a corporate malfeasance that should be discouraged, not encouraged.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:36 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
This is from your first link,

China plans tougher pollution limits and heavier penalties in a revision of its air pollution law, state-run news agenc

Are you really hanging your hat on "China plans" and "state run news agency"?

I'm sure you would never accept something from Fox News but you are going to accept something from the news agency that is ran by China? A government ran news agency could runs story saying water is wet and I would doubt it to be true and I would need to reconfirm for myself that water hasn't changed since the last time I took a drink.

Do I trust everything that comes from the Chinese state run media? No.

But is China really doing something to curb pollution? Yes.

One thing about China that you don't seem to understand, is that China actually does care about their environment. If anything, they are continually shifting and adjusting their policy. You can't just predict their action based on what they did a few years ago. They also are not close minded and set in ideology like most conservatives in this country are, who does things more to spike people than for any practicality.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California