Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 07:49 PM

335 posts, read 329,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He posted this for you like 4 times, not sure why you can't see it but I can

What the plummeting Hispanic birthrate means for the U.S. economy | Fusion
Guess oldglory doesn't want to respond to what he asked for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 08:46 PM

615 posts, read 665,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I never click on links but it sure dosen't look like Hispanics are declining around here. I walk by a elementry school playground and its all brown skin, and black hair.
+1

I wonder if some areas like "Ventura Avenue" (in Ventura, Ca) are just like Mexico. Caucasians are the minority, that is as clear as a bell. All the buildings are looking 3rd world country quality.

I think that article is way off base. Its only going to get worse, not better. Its been getting worse ever since I can remember (late 70's). And with that progression our rights and what was once nice or free has been trashed or now poses a charge to keep trashy people out. Who in the f#$% sake graffiti's all over boulders/rocks near a swimming hole out in the Las Padres National Forest? Mexicans. They don't give a f about our country nor anything else but themselves.

Old 06-27-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z05 View Post
I think that article is way off base. Its only going to get worse, not better. Its been getting worse ever since I can remember (late 70's). And with that progression our rights and what was once nice or free has been trashed or now poses a charge to keep trashy people out.
Perhaps you'd think more of other verifications
Quote:
the birthrate of immigrants fell the most of all subgroups in 2013. The crude Hispanic birthrate fell 2% from 2012 to 2013, the largest decline among any ethnic group. To be sure, this group’s birthrate was falling before the recession even began, but the economic downturn has amplified the trend
U.S. Birthrate Falls -- Again - Forbes
Or this one
Quote:
The U.S. birth rate dipped in 2011 to the lowest ever recorded, led by a plunge in births to immigrant women since the onset of the Great Recession. The overall U.S. birth rate, which is the annual number of births per 1,000 women in the prime childbearing ages of 15 to 44, declined 8% from 2007 to 2010. The birth rate for U.S.-born women decreased 6% during these years, but the birth rate for foreign-born women plunged 14%—more than it had declined over the entire 1990-2007 period.1 The birth rate for Mexican immigrant women fell even more, by 23%.
U.S. Birth Rate Falls to a Record Low; Decline Is Greatest Among Immigrants | Pew Research Center
Or this one
Quote:
A recent CDC survey reports that Hispanic total fertility rate (TFR) has fallen for an unprecedented eighth straight year, while the percentage of children born to Hispanic parents has fallen for seven years in a row.[LEFT]
Read more: No Hispanic Surge On The Horizon | The Daily Caller
[/LEFT]
Or maybe this
Quote:
“For the second straight year, Asians lead Hispanics in immigration,” said William Frey, demographer and senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. “The Hispanic declines in both immigration and births are largely due to the recession and its aftermath.”
Baby bust: US fertility rates hit all-time lows | Al Jazeera America
How much confirmation would it take?

Old 06-28-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmorphicDN View Post
Perhaps you'd think more of other verifications

Or this one

Or this one

Or maybe this

How much confirmation would it take?
Zero. I don't need confirmation. I need more information about those metrics.

Case in point, the gov says unemployment is really at 5.x%. Well that number is low because "long term unemployed" are not counted. If a person doesn't get a job in x amount of time, they fall off the radar.

Just because there are facts and figures that sound convincing enough to support the notion we have a receding hispanic population, doesn't make it true. Seeing is believing. We could be mislead just like the unemployment precent.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:52 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:

Case in point, the gov says unemployment is really at 5.x%. Well that number is low because "long term unemployed" are not counted. If a person doesn't get a job in x amount of time, they fall off the radar.

Just because there are facts and figures that sound convincing enough to support the notion we have a receding hispanic population, doesn't make it true. Seeing is believing. We could be mislead just like the unemployment precent.
lol that's funny. You can't argue with the data so you want to attack the methodology. That argument 'might' work if you had only been offered one source- but you were given FOUR, that reduces the possibility of the data set being invalid or the results an outlier to just about ZERO.

Last edited by 2sleepy; 06-28-2015 at 10:09 AM..

Old 06-28-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:

It is well known that certain mindsets don't need confirmation for their beliefs. Still, a particular curiosity about what you just replied leaps out at readers. Just who do you think is misleading you and why? The sources for the data are not from the government. They are from independent studies and professional surveys.

By the way, the government does count the long term unemployed and reports them as part of the total 'metric' in certain categories. There are multiple BLS unemployment categories, U-1 through U-6. All are publicly published for anyone's review and study and use at any time. No conspiracy there. That the government chooses one 'U' category over another to spin their press releases really has more to do with what they are trying to report. The different categories each have entirely legitimate applications in economics projections. Nothing's hidden from you except in your own mindset.

"Seeing is believing" is the world of carnival magic shows. You think people will trust your subjective 'eyeball' census more than scientifically run independent surveys based on what?

Old 06-28-2015, 01:30 PM

62,884 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:

Exactly! We get a local paper and the birth announcements are in it. Every week the majority of babies born at our hospital are of Hispanic surnames.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:37 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! We get a local paper and the birth announcements are in it. Every week the majority of babies born at our hospital are of Hispanic surnames.
oh.. that must be why you kept ignoring the links that were provided for your perusal, you were busy looking at newspaper birth announcements

Old 06-28-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmorphicDN View Post
It is well known that certain mindsets don't need confirmation for their beliefs. Still, a particular curiosity about what you just replied leaps out at readers. Just who do you think is misleading you and why? The sources for the data are not from the government. They are from independent studies and professional surveys.

By the way, the government does count the long term unemployed and reports them as part of the total 'metric' in certain categories. There are multiple BLS unemployment categories, U-1 through U-6. All are publicly published for anyone's review and study and use at any time. No conspiracy there. That the government chooses one 'U' category over another to spin their press releases really has more to do with what they are trying to report. The different categories each have entirely legitimate applications in economics projections. Nothing's hidden from you except in your own mindset.

"Seeing is believing" is the world of carnival magic shows. You think people will trust your subjective 'eyeball' census more than scientifically run independent surveys based on what?
Earth to Amorphic The first link (which now is requiring a login credential) is where i thought government data was used. The page had a trajectory showing the predicted number of hispanics 30 (ish) years out. That is what I was referring to.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Earth to Amorphic The first link (which now is requiring a login credential) is where i thought government data was used. The page had a trajectory showing the predicted number of hispanics 30 (ish) years out. That is what I was referring to.
Multiple sources / links were provided and the information is easy to find in any case on your own. You and oldglory have declared unfounded opinions as facts without bothering to determine truth, even though it could have been easily researched before firing your salvos. The earlier question remains unanswered by your response in any case. Who do you think is trying to hoodwink you and why do you think so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California