Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2015, 05:13 PM

4,504 posts, read 4,615,442 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't call In-N-Out the worst burger joint ever, but they have such little variety in their food choices, eating there fairly regularly can get old and tiresome real fast, almost to the point you don't want to go there at all.

If I was going to be a semi-regular customer, I don't think I could eat there more than once a month.

I have the same issues with P-Terry's in Austin. They remind me of In-N-Out, good burgers but little variety. It use to be my favorite burger joint and I would eat there at least once a week. It got old fast. Now I go there about once every two months.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:46 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,547,620 times
I finally “got” In-N-Out one night when I was driving back from a concert and it was 12:30 AM. I was tired and starving and didn’t want anything too spendy or too time-consuming, and needed something that was open to begin with. I can’t do most chain fast food restaurants because I get reactions to the weird stuff they put in their food (including McDonald’s, Carl’s Jr., even Foster’s Freeze). I had respected In-N-Out because I’m aware they make everything fresh and treat their employees well, but hadn’t been there in years. But it looked like the best option at the time, and it was right off the freeway.

So I stopped, and I got a double-double, protein style with fries, and was rang up by a friendly and competent cashier. It was exactly what I needed. All their food tasted like food, I did not get any bad reactions to it, it set me back about $5 (although prices have gone up a couple quarters since), and I was finished and on my way in ~10-15 minutes. And it was then that I knew anytime I wanted fresh, good-quality, cheap, quick food with friendly service at almost any time, I need look no further than In-N-Out.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:39 PM

4,504 posts, read 4,615,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
I finally “got” In-N-Out one night when I was driving back from a concert and it was 12:30 AM. I was tired and starving and didn’t want anything too spendy or too time-consuming, and needed something that was open to begin with. I can’t do most chain fast food restaurants because I get reactions to the weird stuff they put in their food (including McDonald’s, Carl’s Jr., even Foster’s Freeze). I had respected In-N-Out because I’m aware they make everything fresh and treat their employees well, but hadn’t been there in years. But it looked like the best option at the time, and it was right off the freeway.

So I stopped, and I got a double-double, protein style with fries, and was rang up by a friendly and competent cashier. It was exactly what I needed. All their food tasted like food, I did not get any bad reactions to it, it set me back about $5 (although prices have gone up a couple quarters since), and I was finished and on my way in ~10-15 minutes. And it was then that I knew anytime I wanted fresh, good-quality, cheap, quick food with friendly service at almost any time, I need look no further than In-N-Out.
You should send what you posted to the head of In-N-Out Burgers. I bet they would put you in a commercial. They could not ask for a better testimonial. I thought it was so good that you deserve rep points, so that's what I did.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:54 PM

566 posts, read 503,856 times
I used to like 5Guys, but no more. Their buns are soggy, and the burger falls apart and stains your fingers and shirt, etc. Oh, and the double patty and some over seasoned cajun fries + bad soda could live without.

I'd go for fresh made hamburger at a diner any time over 5Guys or In-n-out.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:08 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
"if you like that place u probably failed restaurant knowledge 101."

Must of missed that class in college,
https://www.cpp.edu/~collins/

Old 06-14-2015, 10:06 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhult View Post
There's nothing fast about fatburger. It's order, sit down and wait.
On the other hand at all of my local In n Out's I get in the slow lane blocking traffic as the line stretches down the street. Then order from the nice young man at the mouth of the mini mall's parking lot, continue to block the other customers of the mini mall from leaving and parking as I eat the exhaust fumes sitting behind the fifteen cars who have ordered and are in line. Or I can sit in the relatively empty Fat Burger as they cook. Time wise it is a wash. I just don't have the illusion of movement as I become the 12th, 11th, 10th...car waiting to go pay

Old 06-15-2015, 01:21 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
^^^complete and udder BS and u know it

Old 06-15-2015, 02:20 PM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
It's a burger nothing magical, nothing more nothing less. They aren't as good as a sit down place and are much better than the big chains. Personally, I like them a lot and it's close by the house. My favorite burger joints have a line out the door or are expensive so I & O works for me.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:51 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I wouldn't call In-N-Out the worst burger joint ever, but they have such little variety in their food choices, eating there fairly regularly can get old and tiresome real fast, almost to the point you don't want to go there at all.
I think this little variety in food choices caters to those people who know that they want a burger and only a burger. They go in and have a choice between a single burger, a double-double, a 3x3, a 4x4 and so on and so on, with or without cheese, Yes or no to onions, what flavor of soda.

Simple simple menu to get them in and out. I eat food from mcdonalds and in n out.

I hate to be behind the person who doesn't know what they want at mcdonalds.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:39 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,444 times
Do fast food employes laugh every time a customers drives in and say "let me get a #1".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California