Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 10:55 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I remember when I lived in LA, it was a 60-second walk from my apartment to In-N-Out. It was very dangerous.
But worth a Double-Double.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:52 AM

1,289 posts, read 938,145 times
Originally Posted by jambo101
I dont need to try an In-N-Out burger to know what it tastes like

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
This piece of wisdom verily exemplifies this and most other burger threads. Well done!
You made me laugh out loud!

Old 08-17-2015, 08:42 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
What?????

What do you think its going to taste like?=
http://cdn.foodbeast.com/content/upl...ble-double.jpg

And how much of a line up are you willing to endure just to get one?

Old 08-17-2015, 09:54 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What do you think its going to taste like?=
http://cdn.foodbeast.com/content/upl...ble-double.jpg

And how much of a line up are you willing to endure just to get one?
I know what an In-N-Out burger tastes like because I've been eating there since I was a child. I don't have to imagine what it tastes like. I've waited in long lines, I'd do it again.

Serious question though, why are you here, making these comments if you've never had In-N-Out? I'm trying to understand.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
I know what an In-N-Out burger tastes like because I've been eating there since I was a child. I don't have to imagine what it tastes like. I've waited in long lines, I'd do it again.

Serious question though, why are you here, making these comments if you've never had In-N-Out? I'm trying to understand.
Why am i here? Its a discussion board,i got nothing better to do but try to figure out what the fascination is with something as ordinary as a hamburger.555 posts so far , i'm starting to wonder if In-N-Out might not be putting some addictive chemical in their product as this obsession with a burger defies logic..

Old 08-17-2015, 10:35 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times
When we visit for a week trip out west next month we plan to eat at in & out before catching flight home. Interested to see what some love/hate. We have been to 5 guys and not impressed really, have several around us including the midwest chain White Castle which I hate. Eh its all just fast food, I dont expect much really.

I just tried jack in the box, the tacos are so nasty, half of shell hard and other soggy. Meat was also bland. I did really like their sides though, fries and curly fries were great! Agian, its fast food and I think tacos were like 50 cents each.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:38 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
Quote:
Why am i here? Its a discussion board,i got nothing better to do but try to figure out what the fascination is with something as ordinary as a hamburger.555 posts so far , i'm starting to wonder if In-N-Out might not be putting some addictive chemical in their product as this obsession with a burger defies logic..
Discussion is one thing, but when one starts making claims and stating opinions about something they've never experienced, that's when I start to question, like I'm doing now.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:49 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
When we visit for a week trip out west next month we plan to eat at in & out before catching flight home. Interested to see what some love/hate. We have been to 5 guys and not impressed really, have several around us including the midwest chain White Castle which I hate. Eh its all just fast food, I dont expect much really.

I just tried jack in the box, the tacos are so nasty, half of shell hard and other soggy. Meat was also bland. I did really like their sides though, fries and curly fries were great! Agian, its fast food and I think tacos were like 50 cents each.
Those 2 for 99¢ tacos are the best thing JITB has!

Old 08-17-2015, 10:57 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,779 times
This thread is still going on? Hah!

I know I've posted in here a few times already. And I think I've posted the same defense:

You're not getting a fresher, more consistent, fast food burger anywhere... at least in SoCal. Plus the service is almost always great. When it's not great, its good.

There were literally 20 people working their tails off when I last went.

Is it worth an hour wait...sometimes if I'm really in the mood for a Double-Double. But I usually try to go off hours.

Is it the best burger ever. No, but its darn good.

BTW I haven't read through the whole thread, but a lot of the posters are defending the joint from someone who said it was the "worst burger joints." And that statement is just objectively false.

If you're hating In-N-Out you're hating the hype of the establishment; there's no way you can hate the actual burger.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:05 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Why am i here? Its a discussion board,i got nothing better to do
So you admit you are wasting everybody's time, including your own, with irrelevant posts about nothing, since you have no experience with the subject at hand?
Are there not enough Comment sections all over the net for this purpose?
There are approaching 600 posts on the I&O matter in this thread alone. What more could be said on why people like it?

Last edited by bigdumbgod; 08-17-2015 at 12:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California