Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 11:54 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,454,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If this petition had been accepted it would have given the nut job author an opportunity to advertise his petition on the media for months, if you don't see a problem with that occurring then I can't explain it to you
It was initially accepted, as they all are, and the author did absolutely nothing. Reviewing Secretary of State records shows that this same person has filed other initiatives in the past--and walked away from them with no action or effort to qualify them.

Advertising his petition in the media takes 1) money and 2) a media outlet willing to accept his advertisements. I don't think either existed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2015, 01:01 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingmenuts32 View Post
I am really tired of people generalizing that all Christians are the same and that anyone against gay anything is a Christian hater and all that. We believe that all people are made in the image of God and above all that we love all people. Just because we think that homosexuality is a sin, does not mean we hate homosexuals. Just like we don't hate speeders or crab eaters,. or smokers, or tatoo wearers. Goodness, I wish people would get off this. So maybe we don't want gay marriage flaunted in our faces. So why does everyone think it's OK to legislate against polygamy and not gay marriage. That question is NEVER brought up. It hurts no but the consenting adults.

I don't think this bill was anything but a publicity stunt and doesn't do anyone any good.
We know you guys believe we're all created in the image of your imaginary fantasy. Correct color, correct lifestyle, correct behavior, correct number of kiddies, correct job, correct minivan, correct congregation, correct speech, correct major, correct gender/race roles...whatever the groper in robes tells you is the way to be.
But do know that when one of your silly neophytes gets some press, you own it. The same "deity" seems to inform all of you, so maybe, if you can't hang with the more vociferous of your gang, you might want to rein them in a bit?

Old 07-19-2015, 06:23 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,043,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivingmenuts32 View Post
I am really tired of people generalizing that all Christians are the same and that anyone against gay anything is a Christian hater and all that. We believe that all people are made in the image of God and above all that we love all people. Just because we think that homosexuality is a sin, does not mean we hate homosexuals. Just like we don't hate speeders or crab eaters,. or smokers, or tatoo wearers. Goodness, I wish people would get off this. So maybe we don't want gay marriage flaunted in our faces. So why does everyone think it's OK to legislate against polygamy and not gay marriage. That question is NEVER brought up. It hurts no but the consenting adults.

I don't think this bill was anything but a publicity stunt and doesn't do anyone any good.
I don't think it's OK to legislate against polygamy. Women should be allowed to marry as many men as they can put up with.

Legislation against polygamy is pretty stupid, IMO.

Old 07-19-2015, 01:40 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
If I want to have better moisture retention in my garden's soil, should I go with sodomite or perlite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California