Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 10,854 times

Advertisements

I drove through Spring Valley Road out near Clearlake Oaks in Lake County and noticed a HUGE number of houses up for sale.

What's wrong with that area? Seems pretty quiet, but every other house has a "For Sale" or real estate sign in the yard.

That area, as I've heard, has a campground and creek close by.

It's not so run down like some parts of Clearlake City, so I wouldn't mind living there. But with all those signs...hmmm is something going on that people not from there don't know? Is there eminent flooding, quake, volcano eruption coming soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 05:03 PM

433 posts, read 2,355,993 times
Probably lots of second homes from the Bay Area and Sacramento. People are pulling in financially now with the severe contraction in real estate and mortgage conditions.

For sale signs are great for getting an outstanding price. Treat it as a bonus. You might have to deal with some problems associated with empty homes etc though. The brave ones get rewarded at the bottom. Most other people wait until real estate is hot again and pay much more. Ask more than one local realtor and the people living there. You have to get out on the street to get a true pulse.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:38 PM

324 posts, read 1,706,826 times
There are also a ton of For Sale Signs up in Hidden Valley Lake, in Lake County. I think what happened there is that they may have over built. It is a commuter town for sure, some people tire of the commute after a few years and move closer to SoCo. It is beautiful and peaceful up there too though. It's gorgeous with all the snow on the mountains right now.

I haven't heard of any volcanos or nuclear plants! ha If you don't care about Malls and convienent shopping than go for it.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 10,756 times
Default Spring Valley

Spring Valley is our hidden jewell!! Just 4 years ago people bought up spring valley and put homes in to sell or flip! Others have been there a long time and wanted to sell to take advantage of the real estate boom, most are trying to get out of their sub prime loans. But for the most part investors who built homes on vacant property are trying to get out from under them and thats why there are so many homes for sale. Just five years ago there werent half the homes that are there now. It is true country living out there!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:24 AM

25 posts, read 68,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taperx View Post
Spring Valley is our hidden jewell!! Just 4 years ago people bought up spring valley and put homes in to sell or flip! Others have been there a long time and wanted to sell to take advantage of the real estate boom, most are trying to get out of their sub prime loans. But for the most part investors who built homes on vacant property are trying to get out from under them and thats why there are so many homes for sale. Just five years ago there werent half the homes that are there now. It is true country living out there!
Where did you buy your home at that was in a good area? There a ton of negative threads on this forum about this city. I have an interview this week there and want to get out of Ohio.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:43 AM

1 posts, read 9,536 times
Nice to hear about Spring Valley. I will be going this week to check out a property my client wants to list their. I have never seen the area so I am going up to check it out. Looks beautiful on the internet so I will see, Are you still thinking of moving to Calif? 4 acres, I may want it for myself! If any one knows of any problems with the area please let me know. Thanks!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:54 AM

3 posts, read 21,896 times
Spring Valley is only 15 minutes from Walmart and Safeway in Clearlake, but people think of it as being isolated and in "the sticks". I imagine that is part of the reason why people do not buy there as often. There are no more houses for sale in Spring Valley than there are in Clearlake right now.
Spring Valley is gorgeous and I am currently buying a home there. There are Home Owners dues (>$100/year) and the homes are well maintained.
If you have kids, the elementary school in the Oaks is called Eastlake Elementary and it's a GREAT school. It is now K-8th grade.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 PM

35 posts, read 339,268 times
Default more hidden valley(calif) lake info ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calif View Post
There are also a ton of For Sale Signs up in Hidden Valley Lake, in Lake County. I think what happened there is that they may have over built. It is a commuter town for sure, some people tire of the commute after a few years and move closer to SoCo. It is beautiful and peaceful up there too though. It's gorgeous with all the snow on the mountains right now.

I haven't heard of any volcanos or nuclear plants! ha If you don't care about Malls and convienent shopping than go for it.
The houses are so affordable in Hidden Valley Lake, you really think that there is SOMETHING that is keeping people from snatching them up. Is there no internet?, is it out in the middle of nowhere? Are they "exclusive"...are they elite-ist in some way...or perhaps is the weather foul in the winter? I know 3 people who would move in a second if it didn't seem so odd!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 PM

27 posts, read 108,713 times
The reason homes in Hidden Valley Lake are so cheap is because the Assessments and HOA fees are horrendous. The cost to live there is very high. Most Realtors will not share that with you. However you can call the Hidden Valley Lake HOA and they will give you the yearly dues. You would also need to call their sewer dist. which is separate and ask for their assessment. Lastly, call the Lake County Tax collector and ask what the assessment are on the tax bill for the area.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 8,141 times
Hidden Valley Lake and all of Lake County is HOT all summer. Well into the 100s. Also lots of ticks. Also very seismic. Also the water is contaminated by an old mercury mine. Also a huge meth problem. Don't choose it based on internet pics alone! Spend some time there first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California