Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 07:06 PM

9 posts, read 12,240 times

Advertisements

My whole life I've wanted to visit DLR, but all I've gotten to do was visit WDW (WOW, that sounds SOOO snobbish, but I didn't mean it that way LOL). I don't know why, but my mom says she doesn't like CA, and says it's boring. I wouldn't know, because I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE. I especially need to go since I am hoping to go to college there! What are some other things to do in the Anaheim area that might convince her to take me there? (I'd have to imagine a round trip to CA by plane is about the same price as driving to FL and back from MI).

I'm sorry this sounds very snobbish like I don't appreciate what I have, but it wasn't meant to be like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 09:15 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
If you're a huge Disney fan, you shouldn't feel sorry about wanting to visit the original, one and only Disneyland.

Besides being the only park Walt Disney built, the park is in the middle of its 60th celebration. That should be enough reason alone. Cars Land at DCA is amazing. Also, the DLR has more rides than all four parks combined at WDW (seriously, this is true). Lots of people brush off the DLR due to size, but it packs a lot for parks that could probably fit in EPCOT.

If that doesn't convince her, nothing will. Might need to go by yourself or with a friend.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:56 PM

471 posts, read 600,829 times
A couple of things. Disneyland is way underrated by those who do not live in California and are familiar with the park.

I admit, I may be a bit biased, but I love both parks, and have seen both, but favor DLR.

The Disneyland experience is actually superior to many of the things you would have been familiar with in FL.

While too numerous to mention, many of the rides are the original/best version of themselves at DLR; more detailed, longer, have enhancements, and are kept up better in Disneyland than WDW. The loving attention they get has made many a FL cast member in shock especially mid level operations managers from FL visiting DLR for the first time. Remember that WDI (Walt Disney Imagineering is based in Burbank and they create the rides and shows that end up in every park. Most of the Imagineers are based near DLR)

Most people don't understand that WDW has 92 attractions across 4 parks. DLR has 88 across two, it is far more accessible and the entertainment density is very high. You can walk within minutes to a number of attractions.

The park is actually kept up better at DLR. A big reason, accountability, there are so many annual passholders that demand better upkeep vs the mostly once a year, once a lifetime visitors in FL.

The quality of the live shows/entertainment is better at DCA due to closeness to Hollywood and Disney Imagineering, which is in Burbank.

Disneyland has started its 60th anniversary and has some amazing new shows, Paint the Night, Disneyland Forever, and a new World of Color. You can check out some youtube videos of these shows and you will be impressed, they are fantastic.

Disney has invested billions to remake California Adventure and the results are very impressive.

Honestly, DLR (Disneyland Resort) is looking better than ever, and the differences between it and WDW have really never been greater.

Disneyland Forever Fireworks Show

World of Color Celebrate

Paint the Night

Last edited by GoldenZephyr; 07-12-2015 at 10:10 PM..

Old 07-13-2015, 11:19 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegaan View Post
My whole life I've wanted to visit DLR, but all I've gotten to do was visit WDW (WOW, that sounds SOOO snobbish, but I didn't mean it that way LOL). I don't know why, but my mom says she doesn't like CA, and says it's boring. I wouldn't know, because I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE. I especially need to go since I am hoping to go to college there! What are some other things to do in the Anaheim area that might convince her to take me there? (I'd have to imagine a round trip to CA by plane is about the same price as driving to FL and back from MI).

I'm sorry this sounds very snobbish like I don't appreciate what I have, but it wasn't meant to be like that.
You are assuming I have any idea what DLR or WDW is.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:25 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

When you get a real job and save the money you can go as often as you want to without your parents wasting their money.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:44 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
You are assuming I have any idea what DLR or WDW is.
The Disneyland Resort (DLR) and Walt Disney World (WDW).

Old 07-14-2015, 06:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

Take yourself there. That's the easiest way to do it and no arguments would be necessaryf or why DLR is better than WDW. And if you can't do it now due to finances, your parents won't "let" you go, other commitments, etc., then do it when you have the money and the time.

[]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: