Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 04:40 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
Interesting anyone heard about the Home school incident.

I guess there are always some big exceptions.

Though I am puzzled about how anyone can operate a private school in CA based on what I learned from the story.

I always thought home school at least in CA is an option offered by the school district to parents of school aged children who want to see an alternative to mass schooling. They are not actually independent schools. Each family enrolled in a home schooling program are assigned an adviser who helps guides parents and offer suggestions an supervision as well as access to certain educational materials such as textbooks and media materials from the district. Though its not like the home is actually turned into a private school and operates as one where the public can enroll as students.
I am hoping those new proposals i.e requiring intrusive school building style fire inspections don't affect the many homeschoolers around the state under the program I just explained.
private schools seems to have no regulation at all.

for home school, in our district, you still have to enroll in virtual e-school or online school offered by the district. you can go back anytime to the school assigned to your kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 04:57 PM

7,034 posts, read 14,474,847 times
I agree that California is facing a lot of problems stemming from their overregulation and overcrowding but a lot of those problems aren't unique to California and yet, it seems far more people pick on California than, say, New York.

Old 02-28-2018, 08:58 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hmmm. If you'd been paying attention to the world around you and our history ... um, you'd realize we human “individuals” aren't a bunch of “supreme” anythings ... except arses. But don't let that stop you from pretending otherwise ... it's funny to watch.

As far as who gets to define what's unconstitutional: that's what courts do. Not you. Challenge away ...
America is founded on individualism, not collectivism, that's what is meant by the supremacy of the individual. If you had any grasp of our political founding this wouldn't confuse you so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California