Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 12:39 PM

178 posts, read 227,672 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me some information on these apartments? I would appreciate the most positive things you can say, but am open to hearing of any cons about the apartments?

The reason I need to find out, is I haven't even seen the apartments, and I am being seriously considered as a new tenant. I want to make the right choice, and any help is so appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 12:48 PM

174 posts, read 221,174 times
nomoresnow would probably know something about them. I don't know if you've googled the apartments to see if there are any reviews. I've done that and found it helpful.

I know what you mean about considering moving to a place site unseen. I'm in the same boat. But I'm considering a senior complex in the desert.

Good luck to you...

Old 12-04-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhummingbird View Post
nomoresnow would probably know something about them. I don't know if you've googled the apartments to see if there are any reviews. I've done that and found it helpful.

I know what you mean about considering moving to a place site unseen. I'm in the same boat. But I'm considering a senior complex in the desert.

Good luck to you...
Thanks so much, just hearing from someone that understands is so helpful I've seen the outsides of the place on Google Earth, very nice, and look newer. There is a community center, then behind it the apartments, all one place, Redwood Cove.

Best wishes on your place in the desert I do like being closer to my homestate as I am in Eureka now, and do not want to live here. I will look for nomoresnow, but if he/she lives there, I think they do get snow, lol!!

Old 12-04-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
Thanks so much, just hearing from someone that understands is so helpful I've seen the outsides of the place on Google Earth, very nice, and look newer. There is a community center, then behind it the apartments, all one place, Redwood Cove.

Best wishes on your place in the desert I do like being closer to my homestate as I am in Eureka now, and do not want to live here. I will look for nomoresnow, but if he/she lives there, I think they do get snow, lol!!

I know what you mean. It's helpful to know one is not alone on what can be a difficult journey. I also use google earth and find it helpful. It's hard making decisions when you can't see the inside of a place!

It's too bad there isn't any way to at least see pictures of the inside. I googled the apartments. The outside sure looks nice!

The desert would be a change for me. I lived in San Bernardino years ago (more like decades ago) and liked the climate but I do worry about the sparseness of the desert compared to where I'm living now. However it would be better for my health.

I hope you can find pictures of the inside or that NoMoreSnow will find this post!

Old 12-05-2015, 11:27 AM

Thanks Red,

The lady wasn't that friendly that called me both times, so I was a little hesitant to ask too many questions. Beggars can't be choosers (to some extent anyway). What I mean is, I am living in a house full of people, very cramped and so want my own place again. Then rent is so high, both in CA and OR (Oregon being my home-State) that I can't afford it. My retirement is too low, yes my fault although some of it I had no control over.

Anyway, I will be darn lucky to have "anyplace" of my own (rental apartment) so I just prayed and figured wherever I came up on a list first, and they wanted me, I'd go. Crescent City just happened to be the first to call.

Old 12-05-2015, 11:30 AM

I just saw there about 10 "nomoresnow" on here, only with a number after their name?? Do you happen to know which is the one you are thinking of Red? Thanks again for all you help

Old 12-05-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountry View Post
I just saw there about 10 "nomoresnow" on here, only with a number after their name?? Do you happen to know which is the one you are thinking of Red? Thanks again for all you help

Oops I left out two words---the user name is 'nomoresnowforme'. Sorry about that! And I'm happy to help. I think those of us in these type of situations can be of great help to each other in terms of sharing tips and info.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhummingbird View Post
Oops I left out two words---the user name is 'nomoresnowforme'. Sorry about that! And I'm happy to help. I think those of us in these type of situations can be of great help to each other in terms of sharing tips and info.
For sure, and thanks for the username. I thought I would write them a quick pm and see if they are around Thanks again Red

Old 12-05-2015, 10:40 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,476,200 times
Hi there! I just sent you a PM. I also had a bad experience with the manager of those apartments. I think the apartments are probably nice, but I've never seen them. Life is too short to deal with a grumpy manager, when you don't have to. I sent you a bunch of info on other options.

My question is, why don't you like Eureka? I've considered moving there to have more to do.

Man, has it been windy! Same in Eureka? The wind is so strong tonight, it's actually moving my window blinds and my window is closed! I need to let my dog out before bed and I bet she's going to say forget it! Or she'll blow away in the wind to Oz. LOL. And the rain is blowing sideways! There is no drought up here, that's for sure.

Old 12-06-2015, 09:50 AM

Hi and thank you for writing to me! Was the manager's name Ginny? That is who is there now. She runs hot and cold seems like to me. Usually I rarely come in contact with a manager unless I am dropping off rent etc. I don't know though, never lived in subsidized before. Do they bother you, come to your door etc.?

Eureka is depressing to me, with all the slum-lord houses, homeless people. I don't like the traffic either since the 101 runs right through town. There are more things to do, well, depending on what you want to do I guess Maybe see you around today, Denise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California