Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:08 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
The "don't make the Muslims mad lest they become murderers" argument is always the most entertaining bourgeoisie argument. Keep the over-privileged and out-of-touch-with-reality entertainment coming.
Marx much?

Old 01-25-2016, 03:45 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Kasich is to the GOP what Jerry Brown is to the Dems - an experienced "old pro" who has handled the challenges of his state as well as anyone who could get elected there.
Right. I don't agree with some of Kasich's positions, just as I don't agree with all of Jerry's, or Obama's, or any other politician's. What I like about all of the aforementioned very different leaders is they are reasonably sane and mature and pragmatic and rational about their jobs - which is to serve the interests and requirements of all citizens as best can be accommodated through balancing realistic options.

Problem with that sensibility in today's GOP is that the constituency has devolved into a pre-school level recess yard of petulant, tantrum-throwing brats who feel they are entitled have everyone subscribe to whatever mindlessly infantile vision they form out of the fears they are fed by their faux-super-hero keepers.

Old 01-25-2016, 04:52 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,740,991 times
I heard that Bloomberg may enter the race.
I'd much prefer a democratic president and if mayor bloomberg were the republican nominee all bets are off but i'll take great satisfaction if Bloomberg does run and wipes Trump off the face of the political map which i'm assuming he can do.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:18 AM

Default For Trumpism, against Trump

Here you go Trumpeters, a good article that supports your issues and interests - but reveals your candidate to be a dangerously false prophet.

For Trumpism, against Donald Trump

Old 01-26-2016, 09:53 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,718 times
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Old 01-26-2016, 04:26 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
First major poll after the Palin endorsement shows Trump getting stronger ratings than ever. He seems to be in a pretty solid position at this critical time going into Iowa:

One week before the first votes of the 2016 campaign are cast, Donald Trump has solidified his standing nationally, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll. Republicans see Trump as the strongest candidate on major issues and by far the most electable in the large field of GOP hopefuls.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...dc6_story.html

Old 01-26-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Trump ... seems to be in a pretty solid position at this critical time going into Iowa:
Uh oh. That's a tough way to campaign.
My suggestion? ExLax.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:12 PM

Default A couple new endorsements for Kasich

A few more acknowledgements of sanity hidden in the middle of the GOP pack of lunatics:
Quote:
Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, whose campaign has seen some positive signs in New Hampshire, has been endorsed by two more newspapers in the region, The Boston Globe and The Concord Monitor.
Mr. Kasich’s latest endorsements cited his experience in elected office, but also the tone he has taken in his campaign. The Globe, which endorsed Mr. Kasich on Monday, called him “an important voice of sanity in this year’s field.”

“By voting for Kasich,” the newspaper wrote, “New Hampshire can reward a candidate whose politics have been largely positive — and rebuke those candidates who have spent their campaign appealing to voters’ fears and biases.”

The Monitor took a similar approach, writing on Tuesday, “He is an old-school, pragmatic leader of high character and decency who doesn’t want to waste valuable time – his or voters’ – by wallowing in the political muck of the moment.”

The newspaper added that a general election contest between Mr. Kasich and Hillary Clinton “would elevate the debate to a level we haven’t seen in a long time.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California