Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 10:27 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
How about Burnie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Pray tell..

LOL Love it!

Old 01-07-2016, 10:51 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Yep, that's what I took from that. I don't know what you're referring to specifically.
If you looked at the context of my post (i.e. looking at the post I was responding to), it would make sense. I was merely commenting how living in the Bay Area makes it difficult to get a sense of the makeup of the rest of the country well. I suppose that's ignorance to what the rest of the country "believe".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The problem is you take it all too seriously. It's all a game to get people riled up emotionally, and we're all being played off against each other.
I completely agree that we're being played by Trump as I do think he's just saying what he thinks people want to hear.

That's fine, I guess - what's disturbing to me is the amount of people that buy into his malarkey - much of which is frankly very un-American, which is funny coming from people that most likely are part of the party that is supposedly very pro-American (i.e. "make America great again" nonsense).

If you asked me how I felt about the Democratic party and its candidates, I wouldn't like everything about that party (I'm an independent) or its candidates - but it's definitely the lesser of two evils for me, especially if Trump pulls out a nomination.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:49 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
If you looked at the context of my post (i.e. looking at the post I was responding to), it would make sense. I was merely commenting how living in the Bay Area makes it difficult to get a sense of the makeup of the rest of the country well. I suppose that's ignorance to what the rest of the country "believe".

I completely agree that we're being played by Trump as I do think he's just saying what he thinks people want to hear.

That's fine, I guess - what's disturbing to me is the amount of people that buy into his malarkey - much of which is frankly very un-American, which is funny coming from people that most likely are part of the party that is supposedly very pro-American (i.e. "make America great again" nonsense).

If you asked me how I felt about the Democratic party and its candidates, I wouldn't like everything about that party (I'm an independent) or its candidates - but it's definitely the lesser of two evils for me, especially if Trump pulls out a nomination.
Exactly. Trump is NOT even an option for me. I might actually consider a Rubio or a Jeb Bush over Hillary Clinton, but Donald Trump is a fearmongering, divisive, embarrassing bully whose rhetoric is dangerous.

Id vote for any major candidate from either party before Trump.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:14 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:
I completely agree that we're being played by Trump ...

That's fine, I guess -
No. It really isn't "fine". It's destructive like feeding the squirrels in your yard that then invade your attic.

And yes, I chose the squirrel metaphor specifically for a reason.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I don't know a single person who is even considering supporting Trump. We'll see if the rallies etc translate into VOTES
Just PMed you because it looked like the thread was closed, but now it is opened up. I agree with you. I do know one person that will probably vote for him. It is my stupid brother. He fits into the group who are supporting him and lives in a very small town not too far from Shasta. Other than that, everyone I know and many are conservatives think this is a joke and he is an embarrassent to our country.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No. It really isn't "fine". It's destructive like feeding the squirrels in your yard that then invade your attic.

And yes, I chose the squirrel metaphor specifically for a reason.
Sorry, what I meant by that that is: I don't think what he is saying is "fine" just that my problem isn't so much with him "saying what people want to hear" (he's just playing the game - and that's what I mean by "fine"). My main problem is rather the fact that the stuff he's specifically saying is actually stuff that people want to hear! That part is a bit frightening!

Old 01-07-2016, 12:58 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Exactly. Trump is NOT even an option for me. I might actually consider a Rubio or a Jeb Bush over Hillary Clinton, but Donald Trump is a fearmongering, divisive, embarrassing bully whose rhetoric is dangerous.

Id vote for any major candidate from either party before Trump.
Rubio is no moderate. He wants to give the military an extra 1 trillion, thinks women who are raped should not have access to an abortion, and wants to overturn LGBT rights. He just seems more sane if you aren't paying attention. He's also part of the elitist class of Cuban-Americans who's families were able to leave the island and make a better life for themselves. Yet they believe the embargo should remain intact, denying the rest of their countrymen the same opportunities. He's on record claiming he'd repeal Obama's policies on Cuba if elected. With all the hypocrisy already ingrained in party politics, this particular one is a real pet peeve of mine. Cuban-Americans using their hard on for hating Castro as justification for turning a blind eye to those left behind.

Old 01-07-2016, 12:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Sorry, what I meant by that that is: I don't think what he is saying is "fine" just that my problem isn't so much with him "saying what people want to hear" (he's just playing the game - and that's what I mean by "fine"). My main problem is rather the fact that the stuff he's specifically saying is actually stuff that people want to hear! That part is a bit frightening!
Every politician does that and is doing it.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:05 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
Rubio is no moderate. He wants to give the military an extra 1 trillion, thinks women who are raped should not have access to an abortion, and wants to overturn LGBT rights. He just seems more sane if you aren't paying attention. He's also part of the elitist class of Cuban-Americans who's families were able to leave the island and make a better life for themselves. Yet they believe the embargo should remain intact, denying the rest of their countrymen the same opportunities. He's on record claiming he'd repeal Obama's policies on Cuba if elected. With all the hypocrisy already ingrained in party politics, this particular one is a real pet peeve of mine. Cuban-Americans using their hard on for hating Castro as justification for turning a blind eye to those left behind.
Thanks for the info. If this is true, then I couldnt vote forRubio either.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Every politician does that and is doing it.
Sure, that's why I said it was "fine" - he's totally welcome to do that. That doesn't make it any less embarrassing (for me, at least), though, that people do actually want to hear/agree with some of the vitrol that he spews.

It'd be one thing if he was saying all of the stuff he's saying (stuff that he thinks people want to hear), only to be shut down by Americans all across the country (outside of maybe a small niche of people). It's the fact that of all the politicians out there on the Republican side, he seems to be getting a ton of (arguably the most) play for what he's saying...and a unnerving amount of people are agreeing with it, it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California