Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 08:43 PM

925 posts, read 1,065,502 times

Advertisements

Many parts of the IE are far from bland. Since many cities have a long history and have lots of culture. If you want bland go to the South Bay of LA or OC. Never seen so many strip malls. It was mind numbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 10:24 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildingsR'Us View Post
Everybody has a different idea of "beauty" when it comes to scenery and nature. My question is does San Bernardino/Riverside county get neglected because it's "ugly"? Or because people imagine of the horrifing commute to job centers in LA, Orange County so they tease it?

The three tallest mountain peaks in Southern California are all concentrated together within 30 miles apart in the Inland Empire. Temecula, Redlands, & Rancho Cucamonga have alot of grape vineyards and wineries. Although not exactly Napa Valley level, there is still a lot to choose from and surrounded by surreal landscapes. Riverside and Redlands have citrus/orange/lemon tree fields. The Western IE cities have alot of history and importance to the Los Angeles economy back when the Pacific Electric Railway (The Red Cars) connected 70 miles east of Downtown. The Network was amazing, i recommend you check out the map and you'll see how Greater Los Angeles wasn't developed around the Freeways.

Lastly, The IE today has alot of economic potential and land to experience endless growth. Alot were scared to invent back when the housing bubble burst in the 2008 recession, however things are much better now and i'm seeing warehouses being built in Ontario, Eastvale, Corona along the 15/10 corridor. Houses being built like crazy in Fontana and Redlands on once empty diry lots.

My point is beauty can be found anywhere as long as you explore alittle deeper.
I'd take IE over LA anyday. LA is the armpit of SoCal. Who would actually WANT to live there?

Old 01-05-2016, 10:52 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
I'd take IE over LA anyday. LA is the armpit of SoCal. Who would actually WANT to live there?
The millions of people that live there obviously want to live there as well as others such as myself. The armpit of California is Fresno, Bakersfield, or maybe Barstow, but definitely not LA.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:39 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,595,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
The millions of people that live there obviously want to live there as well as others such as myself. The armpit of California is Fresno, Bakersfield, or maybe Barstow, but definitely not LA.
I said armpit of SoCal..... At least as far as major metros are concerned. The extreme traffic literally makes the city unenjoyable.

Old 01-06-2016, 05:33 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
Yeah, I have. To say that Claremont is now a mini version of Old Town Pasadena is seriously pushing it. And Pomona doesn't have a very good reputation really at all with the central part being known for crime and poverty, other than the university...
Downtown Claremont actually IS a mini version of Old Town Pasadena. Have you been there lately? It's come a long way in the past decade.

Downtown Pomona is changing. You need to visit.

And let's not forget that what is now Old Town Pasadena used to be nothing but pawn shops. There's hope for every downtown area.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:16 AM

925 posts, read 1,065,502 times
Can't convince people who refuse to change their minds. LA and the IE both have great and interesting places to live. I count my blessings I live in the IE and enjoy the wonders of LA around the corner.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:11 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
Can't convince people who refuse to change their minds. LA and the IE both have great and interesting places to live. I count my blessings I live in the IE and enjoy the wonders of LA around the corner.
If someone wants to move to where there is no crime or poverty, try the moon.

Enjoy the IE, I lived there for 9 years.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:05 PM

5,982 posts, read 13,123,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGS91762 View Post
Many parts of the IE are far from bland. Since many cities have a long history and have lots of culture. If you want bland go to the South Bay of LA or OC. Never seen so many strip malls. It was mind numbing.
I sort of get what you are saying - a little. I find downtown Riverside far more charming than Torrance or Garden Grove.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:15 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,875,368 times
Bakersfield may have really hot summers,located inland, and has poor air quality at times,but trust me it's no armpit of a city...Bakersfield is just like any other mid-sized city and is one of a few places remaining in this state where you can actually afford a nice house in a nice neighborhood.

I've never lived in Fresno or Barstow,but there are far worst places to live in than Bakersfield,but everyone has there own opinion on what they consider as desirable or undesirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post

Old 01-06-2016, 02:21 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
Bakersfield may have really hot summers,located inland, and has poor air quality at times,but trust me it's no armpit of a city...Bakersfield is just like any other mid-sized city and is one of a few places remaining in this state where you can actually afford a nice house in a nice neighborhood.
I think Sacramento is pretty affordable compared to most other larger California cities as well. I could be wrong though. I've never lived there, but rents are pretty cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California