Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 04:40 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
I don't know why you seem to think your so neutral when it comes to discussing CA's issues. You lean very heavily to the negative side probably about 9 times out of 10.

No one likes a pessimist.
Your observation matches my impression: negative 10:1

But I disagree with your assessement that "no one likes a pessimist". The current state of political pandering nationally says otherwise . Kinda sophmoric though, ain't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 04:43 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
I don't know why you seem to think your so neutral when it comes to discussing CA's issues. You lean very heavily to the negative side probably about 9 times out of 10.

No one likes a pessimist.
Please note, I am always happy to respond to any post done in a polite manner. Those from arrogant and insulting idiots are being ignored more and more, as a waste of time.

I post what is true. I encourage people to move to CA. I suppose most posts contain some negative as most here post positives and that limits the info others get. Plus to some extent I am frustrated. I love CA but its crowding and stupid governance finally drove my wife to want to leave and ... I love her and want her happy, so ...... I would hope others do not face the same situation and seriously consider the consequences, not just the "weather". Both of us born and raised in SoCal.

Now i try to provide the good and bad so those considering moving to CA have a balanced view. Many posts, both for and against living in CA, are full of what comes out of the North end of a horse that is walking South.I try to avoid such posts, while posting what is real, as I did on that stupid attack on TN, that really exposed CA as the same, a little better and a little worse. In other words a waste of time and a distraction from the real issue CA VS TX. Oh, I also lived in TX so I am familiar with the good and bad there as well.

Oh yes, it is also fun at times, as the TN forum is generally boring. Not many complaints there.

I also post on the FL forum as I am considering a move there as well.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:12 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
.. Then explain to me why so many businesses left and are leaving for Texas.
Haha sorry HOSS but those moves amount to bread crumbs nowadays. California is now kicking Texas' can.

New Jobs Added, Dec 2014-Dec 2015
California +459,400
Texas +166,900

Regional and State Employment and Unemployment Summary

Old 01-30-2016, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Please note, I am always happy to respond to any post done in a polite manner. Those from arrogant and insulting idiots are being ignored more and more, as a waste of time.

I post what is true.
No, you really often post untruths that you believe. And I, for one, sometimes respond correctively. In any case, I, for one, am not seeking any response whatsoever from you when I do. Not looking to engage you in dialogue.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:50 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

I post what is true. I encourage people to move to CA. I suppose most posts contain some negative as most here post positives and that limits the info others get. Plus to some extent I am frustrated.
I love CA but its crowding and stupid governance finally drove my wife to want to leave and ... I love her and want her happy, so ...... I would hope others do not face the same situation and seriously consider the consequences, not just the "weather". Both of us born and raised in SoCal.

Now i try to provide the good and bad so those considering moving to CA have a balanced view. Many posts, both for and against living in CA, are full of what comes out of the North end of a horse that is walking South.I try to avoid such posts, while posting what is real, as I did on that stupid attack on TN, that really exposed CA as the same, a little better and a little worse. In other words a waste of time and a distraction from the real issue CA VS TX. Oh, I also lived in TX so I am familiar with the good and bad there as well.

Oh yes, it is also fun at times, as the TN forum is generally boring. Not many complaints there.

I also post on the FL forum as I am considering a move there as well.
expat, this is a serious question, what California governance drove your wife to want to leave? Not everything the state government does pleases me, not at all, but nothing (for me) rises to the level of leaving just because of them (I don't have a real fondness for any governments, to be honest). But, this state belongs to the 38 million of us that live here, not the 40 State Senators and 80 State Assembly members.

I feel the same way about the federal government. I have no inclination of leaving the US either.

Old 01-30-2016, 06:57 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Haha sorry HOSS but those moves amount to bread crumbs nowadays. California is now kicking Texas' can.

California +459,400
Texas +166,900

What industries are producing those jobs in California vs Texas?

Old 01-30-2016, 07:00 PM

444 posts, read 665,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
expat, this is a serious question, what California governance drove your wife to want to leave?
Maybe it's the state's policy towards sour grapes??

Old 01-30-2016, 08:25 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Texas has to steal businesses because Texans are yet to excel at developing a home grown business environment. Texas is like the baseball team that grabs a lot of free agents and then watches a team full of of homegrown players win the world series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

California +459,400
Texas +166,900

Then can you tell me why top, big, major, important and like vital corporations like toyota, raytheon, pacific union and too mant others are going to Texas from California and not the other way around? And not only to Texas.

You think every corporation LOVES paying California taxes??? And the other ****?? LOL

Last edited by owl6969; 01-30-2016 at 08:53 PM..

Old 01-30-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
What do you say about like top, big, major, important and like vital corporations like toyota and such going to Texas from California and not the other way around?

You think every corporation LOVES paying California taxes??? lol
Umm, those numbers pretty much say it all, owl.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:49 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,471 times
Quote:
What do you say about like top, big, major, important and like vital corporations like toyota and such going to Texas from California and not the other way around?

You think every corporation LOVES paying California taxes??? lol
Of course not. And like what about like major corporations like Toyota and such?

The very few companies that actually left for Texas (because we can put more money in our pockets somewhere else, and a decent enough, but not highly educated workforce will do just fine), will be replaced by higher tech, and higher paying jobs.

Now, if you want to talk about the ever growing gap between the lower and upper classes, that's one thing, but this tired old useless argument of "businesses fleeing in droves" crap is not working anymore. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California