Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 8,734 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Currently I am in Detroit MI. Due to my Job transfer I have to move to Glendora CA. I have three years old kid. Could any one help me to for following questions..

How is city Glendora? And crim rate compare to othere city?
What is normal cost of leaving? And good apartment complex to leave?
What is percentage of Asian - Indian population around the place?
Howz school district, since my son is going to start pre-school soon?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited by imatch007; 04-22-2006 at 10:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2006, 07:37 AM

2 posts, read 12,478 times
I was born in Glendora in 1981, and moved to the east coast in 1996. When I left, Glendora was a really nice place to live. Crime was very low, the police had a strong, positive presence in the city, and the school district was really nice (Williams E.S., then Goddard M.S., then 1 year at G.H.S.). Overall I really enjoyed growing up there. An aunt and uncle of mine still work in Glendora, and from what they tell me, nothing has changed!

Old 05-28-2006, 07:58 PM

18 posts, read 263,960 times
I live in the inland empire currently, I attended Private School just south of Glendora,

I can tell you that city is quite safe and has class to it.. crime rate is very low, and I would consider it a priviledge to raise children there..

Demographics can be found here: http://www.ci.glendora.ca.us/aboutglendora/demographics.html (broken link)

White 80.3%
Black 1.5%
Native American 0.6%
Asian 6.2%
Pacific Islander 0.1%
Other 7.2%

Old 05-30-2006, 03:17 AM

4 posts, read 35,002 times
I have a college friend who grow up in Glendora. He went back to work for rainbird in Glendora after graduation. Visited his pads a few times. Look like a nice quiet neighborhood, green lawn, picket fences, etc. He seems to love the city and have no intention of leaving. As far as demographic, most of the neighbors are white with a few asians, I don't think I see any Indians though.

If education is important to you, why don't you also look into Claremont which is right next door? It's where the Claremont Colleges are located. 28% of residents hold graduate degree! You can't go wrong surrounding your son with children of educated parents.

Good luck!

Old 05-30-2006, 10:30 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,605,697 times
Here's the stats from this very site, City-data.com
Races in Glendora:
White Non-Hispanic (67.9%)
Hispanic (21.7%)
Other race (7.2%)
Two or more races (4.0%)
Filipino (2.1%)
Chinese (1.6%)
Black (1.5%)
American Indian (1.2%)
Japanese (0.7%)
Asian Indian (0.7%)
Other Asian (0.5%)

I've found City-data.com to be reliable in most aspects, a good overview. Try it out.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:37 PM

30 posts, read 83,620 times
Default Things have changed in Glendora

I've read these few posts and realized that the posters probably haven't been to Glendora lately. My parents have lived there for years, and gone are the good 'ol days.

First off, the best area is in North Glendora, but even there the 'Village' as it's referred to has gone down hill, most of the shops have left, and what remains don't offer much other than the cute trees.

There is only one fairly decent restaurant to eat left in Glendora, and it's on Route 66 (formally Foothill Blvd) which has become a crappy area.

I long for the good 'ol days in Glendora, but nothing stays the same out here in Southern CA

Old 09-23-2006, 05:32 PM

7 posts, read 33,327 times
I grew up in Glendora, and raised two out of three kids in Glendora. And, no it's not the same. It is a bit run down from what it used to be, but I wouldn't say it's a bad city by any means. The crime rate is low and the schools are good. For elementary, Sutherland and for junior high, Goddard. (You can check out their API scores on the internet.) If you are looking for an apartment, stay above Route 66, and preferably north of Foothill Blvd. If you are looking for a higher demographics of an Asian/Indian population, then my advice would be to move to Chino Hills and commute to Glendora to work (11 miles). The schools are outstanding there, you get a lot more house for your money (and newer housing), and it's a great community to live in.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:58 PM

5 posts, read 24,274 times
I went to high school in Glendora I remember it being one of the nicest cities I've ever lived in also one of the most expensive. I loved living there

if you are looking for a good pre-school Windham preschool and Kindergarten is very good

All of the public schools are great

rent runs anywhere from 700-1000 month and I would say that is low estimate

asian population isn't very high

Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 AM

110 posts, read 752,847 times
for the past few years we occasionally went to glendora to visit family- i was always amazed at how dirty the air was there, overcast with fog at all times of the day & year- really depressing, our family moved away & when they did their kid's terrible asthma disappeared

i always thought it looked like a decent area except for the air which imo is a dealbeaker ten times over

Old 09-24-2007, 12:01 AM

110 posts, read 752,847 times
sorry, i meant overcast with smog, not fog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California