Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 07:53 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,743,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Right on and drive safe and happy trails!

Note this:
If you're driving west via hwy80 you'll be going through Truckee. You may want to spend the night there. The Inn at Truckee is right off the freeway and it's not fancy but it's clean and friendly and easy to find and relatively inexpensive.
I'm replying to my own post.
I have to correct the above statement.
weiwuwei if you're on the road and planning to pass through Truckee at some point and saw the above advice i hope you read this first:

I hadn't stayed at the Inn at Truckee for about 4 years. I've stayed there a number of times over the years.
I went through Truckee last week and booked a room.
Something has changed / gone seriously wrong there. Woman at the desk was extremely unfriendly. And i left immediately after checking out the room. Hair and dirt in the bed!, hair in the bathtub!, toilet wasn't flushing well, plug in the tub didn't work so no bath (not that i would have taken one anyway!), carpets were filthy and the place had been so over sprayed with disinfectant / deodorizer that i could barely breathe. My eyes were watering and i almost gagged. What a dump! And not so inexpensive anymore. After taxes, $136!
Management must have changed. Shamefully bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 07:59 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post

I'm sure he's a nice guy. But his economics would be a disaster. And I don't care how long he's been taking his Whole Food salads to eat at lunch on the Senate Floor. That does not give him presidential-level experience on the world stage.
Ops, for a minute there I thought you were speaking of Obama when he ran in 2008.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:10 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Ops, for a minute there I thought you were speaking of Obama when he ran in 2008.
Actually true in comparison to Sanders' decades in mayorship, congress and the senate. As I've said before, Sanders has a lot more experince than Hillary. I'm not denigrating her intelligence or capabilities, nor her experience. Just sayin' facts is facts. Bernie's been in the game a long time.

Old 04-11-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Actually true in comparison to Sanders' decades in mayorship, congress and the senate. As I've said before, Sanders has a lot more experince than Hillary. I'm not denigrating her intelligence or capabilities, nor her experience. Just sayin' facts is facts. Bernie's been in the game a long time.
If nothing else, this election season has been the most entertaining of any I can remember.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:08 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If nothing else, this election season has been the most entertaining of any I can remember.
Absolutely. Though I have not decided to vote for Sanders yet, I did send his campaign a modest contribution just to do my part to watch the show. Got my money's worth so far

Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Absolutely. Though I have not decided to vote for Sanders yet, I did send his campaign a modest contribution just to do my part to watch the show. Got my money's worth so far
Yep, the price of admission is low and the entertainment value per dollar is fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California