Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 05:56 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,310,312 times

Advertisements

Sorry I will break this topic into different topics on city data though I will answer some comments hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
10 cents a bag at stores all day long every coustomer, the stores got a tremendous windfall profits and didn't reduce prices one drop.
Keep on voting for Democrats.
True it is only Liberal Democrats who keep voting for this based on all the unscientific false flag eco propagandists who keeps marching into government meetings with brainwashed students tied with plastic bags all over their bodies. The groups also help with gerrymandering to make sure only ban happy democrats will take majority seats in local councils so they could quickly make their move.

All this is about controlling the masses and lining corporate pockets. They purposely exempt all other uses of the plastic bags outside of checkout. Which is Bogus as there are 100 other types of plastics including non banned bags for every checkout bag I see on the roadside. SFDPW waste audits actually shows a sharp increase from other types of plastic with only a marginal decrease from 0.6%-0.4% in checkout bags.
Even though groups and politicians know the plastic industry won't sue anymore even if they don't penalize paper use. Though grocers support the version with forced so they can profit from bag fees which they get to keep without fearing competition. Again to get around the constitutional vote requirement if the fee went to the government. No way will they decrease grocery bills for this. Garbage bills remain high and now as garbage is less secured by bags they end up flying out of trucks during collection days.
What is most outrages about this movement is that most of us shoppers already vote each time we go to the grocery store. Where there are three options: paper, plastic, other, nearly all the time 80% will choose plastic. If the choice is limited to paper and other 60% will choose paper. Though these groups they don't like how we the people vote on this matter. so they must find a way to forcefully control them and to suppress their vote coming november for the referendum and levy a penalty on use of store provided "non plastic bags." So its corporates and interests vs we the commoners in this case. btw the state constitution requires a 2/3 if the government were to pocket the fee therefore they just asked the stores to keep it to evade such an requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketch89 View Post
SB413 is great... Able-bodied jerks who sit, obliviously staring at their phones, and making old people stand SHOULD BE FINED. Sure, not all disabilities are obvious - but why would you care what other people think if you legitimately have MS or a back problem or something? It just means that occasionally you might have to talk to a stranger... (the horror)
While I agree the people who make old people stand are rude. Though using a fine is overkill. We don't really know whether they are truely able body or not and even the most able bodied people can get sick or injured sometimes. In my experience on every trip I aways had seen good samaritans who will allow someone with need to seat down. Never had a see someone who need to seatdown forced to stand or walk far to fine one. On the flip side I seen rude bus drivers/passengers chasing pregnant ladies away when the priority wheelseat seats just opposite her was totally empty. Though this is not just about priority seating but it also gives greater latitude to fine for many other issues. BART now wants to fine people for taking up two seats. Though in this state we have just too many fines. When will the state learn that we cannot legislate our way to utopia and many negative consequences will occur including further tying up our adminstrative system, confrontational situations that makes all riders uncomfortable, and Rosa Park type profiling accusations. In this day and age shouldn't we try to do all we can to make transit welcoming to those who will otherwise drive cars. There should be a law stating that no matter state or local ordinance penalty the maximum fine for a fare or other minor violation shall not exceed 50 the one way fare. And agencies should avoid screwing passengers with the POP "honor system" as much as possible and increase interaction to help passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
I want jail time for people who bring their dogs in supermarkets and restaurants.
Can you share me your bad experiences regarding people bringing their dogs?

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 04-06-2016 at 06:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 07:16 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Thank you for this latest chapter, Tolstoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California