Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 05:13 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I don't even think illegal Latino immigrants would go anywhere unless they committed crimes. Mass deportation is way too expensive and there would be a great deal of resistance to pulling it off. Trump would enforce laws on the books about deporting criminals and forbidding sanctuary cities (which Cruz or Kasich would also do), and that's about it as far as Latino immigrants go.

More likely, Trump would make life really, really hard for Muslims.
And if that happened, I would fight furiously alongside the secular or moderate Moslems to change that fact. But of course, those aren't the ones we are worried about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 06:26 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,581,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Do tell us how.

Now, in general, in the past, I have pretty much agreed with those sentiments. And I have confidence in human nature that it will always tend toward chicanery and snake-oil, Machiavellian intrigue and sociopathic manipulations. But, at this particular juncture in history, I believe we are experiencing what is known academically as an historical "hiccup". I don't think the .001% give a rat's tail. But I think a lot of the next tier 1% manipulators are looking for their shorts what got misplaced. There are a whole passelful of tricks and triggers that aren't working behind the curtain at the moment. Quite hilarious. We'll get back to oppressive manipulation soon enough. But this election is up for grabs.

What can be done by whomever wins will once again face the ultimately insurmountable pressure of those who create and control the money supply.
During the Bush era court cases, a computer programmer testified to congress that it would be fairly easy to create a program that counts the vote one way but displays the vote on the paper rolls another.

All I'm saying is if a group of people have the power to rig the entire economy in their favor, they have the power to rig elections. Everything is electronic these days, computer systems have flaws.

Oh and by the way, it just turns out the voting machine company has a close relationship with the Bush administration. Watch a documentary called Hacking Democracy.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:47 PM

50,268 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not to mention, what do you do to the citizen children of illegal immigrants? Retroactively revoke birthright citizenship, or put them all in foster homes?
The same as you would with birthright tourists. When they become 18 they are free to re-enter even if the illegals take them home with them. Why would someone leave their kids? I do believe they understood the risks involved. What do they do with their existing families already in their old Country?

They weren't about to leave and come back because they couldn't. Unless breaking the law yet again.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:00 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
During the Bush era court cases, a computer programmer testified to congress that it would be fairly easy to create a program that counts the vote one way but displays the vote on the paper rolls another.

All I'm saying is if a group of people have the power to rig the entire economy in their favor, they have the power to rig elections. Everything is electronic these days, computer systems have flaws.

Oh and by the way, it just turns out the voting machine company has a close relationship with the Bush administration. Watch a documentary called Hacking Democracy.
Oh, the conspiracy bit. Yeah, I know about those voting machine tricks and relationships.

You know, there was an article recently somewhere I should try to find for you. About a study done to guage the difficulty of concealing conspiracies. They certainly do exist. But it was shown that the larger the number of people involved in executing a conspiracy the greater the chance of it being revealed. Which is kinda obvious. But the statistical curve was amazing for something such as you suggest that would involve a great number of people of many different types. Voter fraud has never worked out in great numbers. Miniscule, actually. Totally ripe for scandal to go public. Nope. Not going to happen here. Not this cycle.

Btw, you know how the economy is rigged? It was "rigged" a hundred or so years back with the establishment of the reserve banking system, which was an evolution of several previous systems in history. And the people who control the reserve banking system and create money really don't worry much about mundane things like presidential elections because - well, monetary supply is the real control. The next lower level of manipulators function on a different system. It's called opportunism. They finance both sides of wars and such. They aren't too concerned here either. Human nature always presents opportunities to play both sides of conflicts.

It's the industrial magnates and business / commercial financiers who worry because their ability to rape and pillage the economy for their individual gains is subject to disruption. They're the ones trying to finagle the election. But they ain't so cooperative with each other. Conspiracies fall apart too easily in a den of thieves. Not to worry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California