Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 09:13 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Yes. I wish he could run again!
There is a good reason for term limits. If you don't like it you will have to find a way to amend the CA Constitution.

Governor of California

It's always sad when our favorite politician has hit their term limits but I fully believe in term limits...otherwise you run the risk of dictatorships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 09:15 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
WHEW!

But this has to do with Jerry exactly how?
Because his religion is so called global warming.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Jerry Brown is a nutcase with his rail project boondoggle and his global warming nonsense. Total bought and paid for politician. Every word that comes out of his mouth is deception.
Except for the global warming comment I agree.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:22 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Quote:
I see you don't respect TOS. Capitalizing the first three letters of "assumption" is "implied profanity" to go along with "hijacking a thread", and "personal attacks" ("*******" comment). Now, I'm not quick to call the cops, but thought I should give you a heads up that others might not care for your rudeness and hijacking here.

Have a nice day.

Go Jerry!
Are you threatening that little red triangle at the top right?

Old 04-16-2016, 09:31 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,528,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He's doing a lot better at 78 than Reagan ever did. At least he still has his wits about him.

JER-RY! JER-RY! JER-RY!
Could not agree with you more!

Really, all you anti-Brown folks, I would like to hear YOUR (constructive) suggestions!

Old 04-16-2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Every word that comes out of his mouth is deception.
Like the Prop 30 supposed temporary tax?

Quote:
It’s unclear whether Brown, who is termed out in 2018, will get involved this time. He said repeatedly that his 2012 tax measure was temporary and should remain so.
Lets's see if this remains case.

Another Prop. 30 income tax increase now aiming for 2016

Old 04-17-2016, 03:53 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,085 times
Quote:
WHEW! That's a relief to read! All the world's scientists really had me going there for a while. Thanks for posting the update!

But this has to do with Jerry exactly how?
Because Jerry Brown keeps carrying on as if HUMANS are causing the planet to warm and "the debate is over" and "the science is settled". Actually the consensus among the world's scientists is NO opinion. The media and politicians keep reinforcing the false notion that "the debate is over" and "the science is settled". Debunking Global Warming Hysteria

"Scientific consensus that human activity is very likely causing most of the current global warming"
100% - 11,944 abstracts reviewed
66.4% - 7,930 were EXCLUDED for expressing no opinion!!!
32.6% - 3,896 marked as agreeing we cause some warming, but how much is "some"??? Miniscule amounts?
0.5% - 64 marked as endorsing consensus as defined
0.3% - 41 actually endorsed consensus as defined.

Quote:
Except for the global warming comment I agree.
So you're with the 0.3% who think that humans are causing the planet to warm significantly.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:47 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,345,189 times
It's curious that no one mentioned that he also was the Mayor of Oakland for 8 years.
That couldn't have been a cakewalk !

Reference:
In 1998, Brown ran for mayor of Oakland against 11 other candidates and won in the primary with 59% of the vote. Before taking office, he successfully passed a voter initiative, changing the ceremonial office of mayor to that of a "Strong Mayor" form of city government. Brown was reelected in 2002 with 64% of the vote.
As Mayor, Brown spearheaded the revitalization of a downtown that had been dormant for decades. He helped create new housing units for more than 10,000 people, re-opened the beautiful Fox Theatre (which had been shuttered for 30 years), and attracted many new restaurants, businesses and art galleries to the city. Brown also personally founded the renowned Oakland School for the Arts (housed in the Fox Theatre) and the Oakland Military Institute. Both schools serve students from the 6th grade through the 12th and are among the best performing schools in Oakland. During his 8 years as Mayor, the number of serious crimes was reduced by over 30% compared to the previous 8 year period.

https://www.gov.ca.gov/m_about.php

Old 04-17-2016, 07:04 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He's doing a lot better at 78 than Reagan ever did.
And a lot better than his predecessor did in his 50s.

And he's also a lot more honest. We can probably count on him not do anything sneaky during his last day in office.

Esteban Nuñez is released from prison after his sentence was drastically reduced by Schwarzenegger - LA Times

http://graphics.latimes.com/nunez-santos/

Old 04-17-2016, 08:11 AM

21,737 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Because Jerry Brown keeps carrying on as if HUMANS are causing the planet to warm and "the debate is over" and "the science is settled". Actually the consensus among the world's scientists is NO opinion. The media and politicians keep reinforcing the false notion that "the debate is over" and "the science is settled". Debunking Global Warming Hysteria

"Scientific consensus that human activity is very likely causing most of the current global warming"
100% - 11,944 abstracts reviewed
66.4% - 7,930 were EXCLUDED for expressing no opinion!!!
32.6% - 3,896 marked as agreeing we cause some warming, but how much is "some"??? Miniscule amounts?
0.5% - 64 marked as endorsing consensus as defined
0.3% - 41 actually endorsed consensus as defined.
Like I said, really glad you posted your updated information correcting the world science community consensus. And now you've added this great link to an investment sales site specializing in marketing to uneducated conspiracy-theorist believers. I'm sold!

Statements like this from NASA really had me bamboozled!
Quote:
Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.
Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Scientific Consensus
Jerry can take a hike next election cycle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California