Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 04:53 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinePlovesME View Post
I'm glad you provided the "factual data" OP keeps on talking about...for me I just need to open my eye...
All of Telemutt's links look at snapshots in short periods of time. The Daily Caller article says fertility rates have been falling dramatically from the "beginning of the decade"....so six measly years lol. Counts of people who are here illegally are obviously not as reliable as counting citizens and legal immigrants, yet these sources--which are political opinion pieces with an agenda--blur the lines. It's one thing to Google articles with bold headlines that draw conclusions based on fragments of data...it's another to look at pure, objective numbers on a national level that go from 1970 to 2050.

Old 04-15-2016, 04:54 PM

21,737 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Quite ridiculous isn't it? How does a demographic group grow exponentially in such a short time? From 4% in 1970 to 15% in 2010. Some states and municipalities in the US have seen 300% or more increases in their Hispanic populations in one decade. For blacks they've been saying 12% since 1965. In California the white portion of kindergartners is 16%. Of course birth rates can dip after large surges, but the drop in whatever contained time period is small compared to the previous growth. Whatever alleged drop is also not enough to change the Hispanic population projection of 24% of the U.S. by 2050.

From the U.S. Census Bureau https://www.census.gov/population/hi...in_US_2006.pdf
Quote:
I'm glad you provided the "factual data" OP keeps on talking about...for me I just need to open my eye...
Like two peas in a pod. Cute. Nice to have someone to share with.

Now, you might want to update your research. The Census projections report was published in 2006. Every one of my links are from 2015. Which year is older than the other? What happened starting around 2006-07 in this country?

Old 04-15-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
All of Telemutt's links look at snapshots in short periods of time. The Daily Caller article says fertility rates have been falling dramatically from the "beginning of the decade"....so six measly years lol. Counts of people who are here illegally are obviously not as reliable as counting citizens and legal immigrants, yet these sources--which are political opinion pieces with an agenda--blur the lines. It's one thing to Google articles with bold headlines that draw conclusions based on fragments of data...it's another to look at pure, objective numbers on a national level that go from 1970 to 2050.
Pew research and CIS are "opinion pieces"?

Old 04-15-2016, 05:13 PM

Erm ...
Quote:
Further evidence of the link between income and fertility is news that the birthrate of immigrants fell the most of all subgroups in 2013. The crude Hispanic birthrate fell 2% from 2012 to 2013, the largest decline among any ethnic group. To be sure, this group’s birthrate was falling before the recession even began, but the economic downturn has amplified the trend: Hispanic (both foreign- and U.S.-born) rates of poverty and unemployment grew more sharply than those of the general population following the recession.
Forbes Welcome
Quote:
OMAHA – A study from the University of Nebraska at Omaha’s (UNO) Center for Public Affairs Research (CPAR) has found that, based on recently released data on births from 2013, U.S. fertility rates among major racial and ethnic groups are now much more similar than in the recent past. This is in contrast to the perception that Hispanic fertility rates are vastly above those among Whites and Blacks.

The data, which was released Jan. 15 by the National Center for Health Statistics, shows Hispanic births in the U.S. have declined each year from 2007 to 2013. The 2013 U.S. fertility rate among Hispanics stands at 73 births per thousand women aged 15-44, which is down from 98 in 2006, prior to the economic downturn, and 108 in 1990. The U.S. fertility rate among Black non-Hispanics was 65 in 2013, only an eight-point difference versus the Hispanic rate, the smallest difference in at least 25 years. Prior to the recession, the Black fertility rate was nearly 30 points below the Hispanic rate.
UNO Study: Fertility Rate Gap Between Races, Ethnicities is Shrinking | News | University of Nebraska Omaha
Quote:
From 2007 to 2013, the fertility decline has been most dramatic among Latinas, falling from 97 births per 1,000 women ages 15 to 44 to just 73 births per 1,000 women (see Figure 2). Fertility rates have also dropped for whites and African Americans, but the declines have been smaller for those groups.
The Decline in U.S. Fertility

Old 04-15-2016, 05:16 PM

198 posts, read 211,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post

Now, you might want to update your research. The Census projections report was published in 2006. Every one of my links are from 2015. Which year is older than the other? What happened starting around 2006-07 in this country?
No you are cute......the prediction that Cali will be mostly Hispanics within 25 yrs was stated in early 1980s....what planet are you on...seriously....

Like I said, don't NEED to read data.....just drive into Los Angeles....or am I hallucinating????? Go to the public schools in most of Los Angeles...all Hispanic kids....but your articles say differently...been reading on this issue for 35 yrs..HELLO!!
OR don't you get out much....?

I drive although LA....mostly a garbage pit....along with the homeless camped out on the fwys.....DO I NEED TO READ AN ARTICLE THAT TELLS ME THAT THE HOMELESS POP. IN LA IS DECLINING....

You just like to argue....for the sake of it and then insult people who KNOW whats up, you sure do not.
And Hispanics ...this is not insult towards you, just dont tell me its Saturday when I know its Friday....

Old 04-15-2016, 05:19 PM

198 posts, read 211,223 times
P.S.....don't believe everything you read either.....go out and SEE!

Old 04-15-2016, 05:48 PM

234 posts, read 202,245 times
Quote:
Lol. What did I "pontificate"?

Yes. Illegal birth rates are down. And all Hispanic birth rates are falling both here in America and in their home countries.

And why would I need to visit my local welfare office? I'm not on welfare. And all factual data on these issues you raise are readily available on-line for anyone with even modest mental capacity to review.

No need to insult you. You're doing fine on your own
Speaking with facts instead of rhetoric is known on C-D as PONTIFICATION.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:50 PM

234 posts, read 202,245 times
Quote:
We got a live one!

Old 04-15-2016, 06:20 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:

The Census isn't conducted every year. Also, your links are not by objective professional statisticians who have no stake in the political ramifications. Sorry, but blogs from 2015 don't trump comprehensive, nation-wide demographic data going from 1970 to 2010, nor is it mathematically possible for birthrates and immigration rates to change so drastically between 2006 and 2015 to nullify the 2050 population projection. The small drop over the last few years just doesn't do it. Again, only 16% of California's current kindergartners are white, and Hispanics have gone from 4% to 15% of the U.S. population in 40 years, while no other ethnic/racial group has come close to such increases in only a couple of generations.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
No you are cute......the prediction that Cali will be mostly Hispanics within 25 yrs was stated in early 1980s....what planet are you on...seriously....

Yes. We see you don't need to read data......just drive into Los Angeles....or am I hallucinating????? Go to the public schools in most of Los Angeles...all Hispanic kids....but your articles say differently...been reading on this issue for 35 yrs..HELLO!!
OR don't you get out much....?

I drive although LA....mostly a garbage pit....along with the homeless camped out on the fwys.....DO I NEED TO READ AN ARTICLE THAT TELLS ME THAT THE HOMELESS POP. IN LA IS DECLINING....

You just like to argue....for the sake of it and then insult people who KNOW whats up, you sure do not.
And Hispanics ...this is not insult towards you, just dont tell me its Saturday when I know its Friday....
Quote:
Yes. We see you don't need to read data.

But, really, this is truly transformational news you bring us here. Until now, many of the biggest corporations as well as the government have paid through their noses for data from research organizations like Pew and universities to guide their marketing and policy decisions for the future. When they find out all they need to do is hire ChristineP to take a drive through some neighborhoods to assess our situation, there's sure to be a Richter Scale level shake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California