Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 12:57 PM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Right ..it's all so easy.. JUST RAISE PRICES!
or JUST RAISE TAXES!

That's why I said you should get into business consulting because you are so confident that you know how to make businesses profitable. Because all the business owners out there are stupid on average right?
They didn't read the same articles as you I guess is all...
I said business owners are stupid? Um, no, I didn't at all. People who don't pay attention to reality are kinda dumb, though. No matter how much accurate, factual, confirmed evidence provided to some people, we still see closed minds around us at times refusing to accept its story. You know what I mean, jm?

Prices have always gone up to create profitability under changing conditions, jm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 12:59 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Well there are industry averages for certain industries and those average/profit margins are pretty low.
So you are saying that the average business person is stupid right , if they can't EXCEED their industry average.
That is what you are saying..but you back away from it..that's pretty typical or you though.

When enacting a policy one should be looking at the industry averages of all small businesses , not a pizza operator making 20% in Ohio.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Well there are industry averages for certain industries and those average/profit margins are pretty low.
So you are saying that the average business person is stupid right , if they can't exceed their industry average.
That is what you are saying..but you back away from it..that's pretty typical or you though.
jm, you're embarrassing yourself now. I hate to see you go down this way.

Your pizza dude, smart enough to build three locations into $3 million in gross receipts, reports he can only squeeze out 1.66% in profit for himself.

I provide industry statistics that the average pizza parlor margin is 7% - that's 4x your pizza dude's.

I didn't say anything about exceeding his industry average. Your dude can't even better 1/4 the industry average. You still want to use him as an example of how small business owners are smart yet suffering?

You're flustered jm. Take a break. Have a slice of pizza.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
jm, you're embarrassing yourself now. I hate to see you go down this way.

Your pizza dude, smart enough to build three locations into $3 million in gross receipts, reports he can only squeeze out 1.66% in profit for himself.

I provide industry statistics that the average pizza parlor margin is 7% - that's 4x your pizza dude's.

I didn't say anything about exceeding his industry average. Your dude can't even better 1/4 the industry average. You still want to use him as an example of how small business owners are smart yet suffering?

You're flustered jm. Take a break. Have a slice of pizza.
Your patronizing tone doesn't make you correct. Nice try though...

Old 04-25-2016, 01:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
So you don't think the prevailing minimum wage has anything to do with it?..
Also do you have any sources on the undocumented farm workers making more than minimum wage?
How about you do some due diligence and provide sources showing that more people work under the table when the minimum wage increases and that undocumented farm workers are not frequently paid more than the minimum wage? I'll be right here waiting

Old 04-25-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Your patronizing tone doesn't make you correct. Nice try though...
That's true. The tone doesn't. The content of my posts does.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:10 PM

Quote:
That's true. The tone doesn't. The content of my posts does.
Yes such GREAT content

The best ever!

Old 04-25-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Yes such GREAT content

The best ever!
I am good. Yes. Very.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I am good. Yes. Very.
Yes you are the best for sure. It's been a blast .

Old 04-25-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Yes you are the best for sure. It's been a blast .
Yes. Great. Thanks. It definitely has been. I have enjoyed.

So, are we done here now? Should we move on to a new thread exploring whether the minimum wage hike will destroy cosmopolitan Arvin? You post the thread and I'll show up to support the effort to leave no stone unturned!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California