Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 04:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Liberals love to obfuscate perhaps relying on the presumed ignorance of others. A bill to bail out Puerto Rico is in congress now, although it's not looking good for the bill, Obama is already giving PR money despite its profligate spending. But if it passes both chambers, expect to see endless bailouts to every hell hole in America such as Gary, Indiana, Detroit, Flint, Stockton, etc. Start the printing presses, that money is "free".
Once we start the bailing out, every mismanaged state and city state run by dimwits for decades will without shame demand money from the Federal Government.
Vote GOP to stop the bailout and demand those who incurred the bills pay them.
Obfuscating? I told you the truth that none of the cities in California that declared bankruptcy received any form of bailout, you apparently didn't like being corrected on that issue so you now move the goal post by conflating aid to Puerto Rico with some kind of future bailout to US Cities that file bankruptcy <That sounds like obfuscation to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 06:43 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Obfuscating? I told you the truth that none of the cities in California that declared bankruptcy received any form of bailout, you apparently didn't like being corrected on that issue so you now move the goal post by conflating aid to Puerto Rico with some kind of future bailout to US Cities that file bankruptcy <That sounds like obfuscation to me
You earlier wrote:

Quote:
Let's see...Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes & San Bernardino all filed bankruptcy. Amount of State and Federal "bail out" money to those cities ZERO
So no, you were the one obfuscating since surely we have already started the bail out; surely you have read that Obama is currently giving Puerto Rico 20% of its money for expenses right now despite no congressional appropriation of monies to the island.

We printed untold amounts of money, created new asset bubbles, no jobs to speak of at this point, and Democrats are pushing for bailouts already, starting with Puerto Rico. The next four years will be terrible. We are at the end of the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4iuD7xQDxE

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 06-08-2016 at 06:56 PM..

Old 06-08-2016, 07:22 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
[quote=LuvSouthOC;44346802]You earlier wrote:
So no, you were the one obfuscating since surely we have already started the bail out surely you have read [b]that Obama is currently giving Puerto Rico 20% of its money for expenses right now despite no congressional appropriation of monies to the island. We printed untold amounts of money, created new asset bubbles, no jobs to speak of at this point, and Democrats are pushing for bailouts already, starting with Puerto Rico. The next four years will be terrible. We are at the end of the road.
I never said squat about Puerto Rico, I responded directly to THIS post of yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
And then there is Puerto Rico. And then there are bankrupt cities that we will need to endlessly bail out from their decades of profligate spending/waste and Banana Republic-like finances and planning, e.g. Chicago.
To which I said

Quote:
Let's see...Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes & San Bernardino all filed bankruptcy. Amount of State and Federal "bail out" money to those cities ZERO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California