Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 03:14 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
What about the tens of millions crippled by the cost of living?
What about them? All around the world. Throughout the ages. They live-d. Then they die-d. Same as you and me, brotherman.

And when we die we all go to the affordable neighborhood in the sky where everyone has a 4000+ sq ft SFH by a lake on a cliff overlooking the ocean - and no mortgage. And nicest neighbors ever. No crime. Good schools too. No taxes. San Diego weather. Florida water temps.

So not to fret now about tomorrow.

Well, enjoyed our chats today, Agent Bear. Now I gotta epoxy the hull bottoms on the new catamaran I'm building. Catch you later in the funny pages!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 03:44 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
After 20 pages, let me jump in here. I read a good article which will surely add fuel to someone's fire....

California Economy & Government Crumble While Elites Watch | National Review

As for me at 64, I'm staying put in Los Angeles. While I hate California politics and social agenda, I can't think of a better place to live. Maybe San Diego, but it's really not that different. Luckily, my house is paid for, so I avoid a lot of the COL complaints. As for the taxes, I consider it simply the price of admission and move on.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:58 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
After 20 pages, let me jump in here. I read a good article which will surely add fuel to someone's fire....

California Economy & Government Crumble While Elites Watch | National Review

As for me at 64, I'm staying put in Los Angeles. While I hate California politics and social agenda, I can't think of a better place to live. Maybe San Diego, but it's really not that different. Luckily, my house is paid for, so I avoid a lot of the COL complaints. As for the taxes, I consider it simply the price of admission and move on.
Are you working part time or totally retired?

Old 07-10-2016, 05:11 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
It's amusing to me how many people that claim to have lived in California haunt the California thread and chip-in all the time. It's as if ... they regret leaving, and this is the only way for them to live vicariously.
It's amazing to me how many people appear threatened y the "haunts" of the past who might have the temerity to post on the California board, especially those who ::::gasp:::: are native Californians and still have friends and family there. It's as if they are afraid of any competition (there isn't any) for the claim of being "Californians" and need more drama than their little lives contain naturally.

Would you believe that I actually flew (we haunts can do that ya know) to California some months ago and had a nice visit with children, stepchildren and grandchildren? Imagine that! Even better, I left again.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:50 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,764,474 times
Fact: In the last 25 years, the white population in California has been shrinking steadily.

Fact: Black population in California declining. Found in 2010 Census to have fallen to the point that to maintain Black held seats the commission created 2 new voting districts in Los Angeles, to keep Maxine Waters and Karen Bass in Congress.

Fact: In the past 25 years, the Hispanic population has doubled and is now the largest ethnic group in California. About mid century, Hispanic population will exceed half of all California Residents.

Fact: Household income adjusted for inflation, leaves nearly 25% of all California residents living in pure poverty, by far the most poverty stricken state in the nation, in fact way ahead of other states. One third of all federal poverty funds are spent in California and growing.

Fact: California has nearly the highest median income in the United States. However when it is adjusted for cost of living, California falls to 41st place, far behind the majority of other states and DC.

New State-Level Price Data Shows Smaller State Real Income Differences | Tax Foundation

Fact: California has the highest GDP in the nation and is #6 when compared to other countries and they are proud of that as shown by posters in this thread that brag about this.

However, when it is adjusted for cost of living, California falls to 29th place, far behind states such as Texas where so many move to from California. California only has the highest GDP due to it's sheer number of people, and the high cost of goods and services such as home prices and other high living costs and taxes.

http://i.imgur.com/WdfQqJR.jpg

Fact: California has fallen to 29th place with a D+ rating for the K-12 school system. A few good schools and an awful lot of poor schools.

http://www.edweek.org/media/k12-achi...ounts-2016.pdf

Too many in California refuse to admit California has problems which are just getting worse, and looking to solutions to solve the problems and elect those into office that are ready and willing to solve the problems in the state.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:10 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
I left years ago. But we are all just biding our time in exile. The day will come when we return and kick the mexicans back to mexico and take our country back and restore the Republic.

Old 07-10-2016, 06:55 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I left years ago. But we are all just biding our time in exile. The day will come when we return and kick the mexicans back to mexico and take our country back and restore the Republic.
LOL! Good luck with that.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:10 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Amen to that brother!!

And California will be great again

Old 07-10-2016, 07:53 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
What about the Mexican Americans that have been here for multiple generations , would you guys kick them out too?

Old 07-10-2016, 08:02 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
What about the tens of millions crippled by the cost of living?
Is there someone enslaving tens of millions to live in high cost CA though ?
I know it's not politically correct to say but a lot of people could improve their economic situation by moving too .
With the Internet these days it's super easy to research different cities , how much stuff costs , crime rates , how economy is locally .
A lot of cities have developed and changed politically and socially to the point where they have become acceptable alternatives for more people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California